Help with prinsendam cabins

NoWhiners

KirkNc

We will definitely be on this cruise and will join the roll call. Can you tell me if you purchased trip insurance (and maybe if you got it through your TA or elsewhere?)

ML

Anyone else have thoughts/experience with trip insurance for Black Sea cruise? Seems like a good idea but if I book thru our usual place, we have to buy insurance within 7 days of booking to get pre-existing conditions covered (even tho' we don't have any, i don't want to give them a loophole to wiggle through).

BTW--is there a Canaletto on Prinsendam? Just curious not a showstopper!

kazu--any thoughts?

No trip insurance, that is something we have never bought, we self insure.

KirkNc

We will definitely be on this cruise and will join the roll call. Can you tell me if you purchased trip insurance (and maybe if you got it through your TA or elsewhere?)

ML

Anyone else have thoughts/experience with trip insurance for Black Sea cruise? Seems like a good idea but if I book thru our usual place, we have to buy insurance within 7 days of booking to get pre-existing conditions covered (even tho' we don't have any, i don't want to give them a loophole to wiggle through).

BTW--is there a Canaletto on Prinsendam? Just curious not a showstopper!

kazu--any thoughts?

well,since you asked.......yes, we always do trip insurance.. med evav on it's own (and we are both healthy) could wipe anyone out!

We never book with the cruise line and can book up to any time before we go on a cruise (life is good in Canada) with certain plans - others require that you book with 48 hours or one week or whatever.

I WON'T travel without the insurance -but that's just us. each to their own.

While there is no Canaletto on the P'dam currently, they made a big deal of serving us Canletto antipasto stuff in the Neptune last cruise.

When I asked, they had a big smile and said they hoped so:confused: My worry is the space - but right now, they don't have one - dry dock is this fall - frankly I hope they just spruce her up and leave her alone. BTW go past the Lido to the other side - it's a glorious very nice space

We are like RuthC, we rarely do an outside cabin (on a TA we will). Of the twelve days only one sea day so I would feel like I wasted my money. We are used to small and dark (well maybe not this small) but we are also used to three in a cabin but this cruise will be without DD who will be a freshmen in college by then :o.

Kirk - as long as you are happy life is good, but I have to say - I saw both cabins - for the difference in price, the OV provides much better value - especially if you check the deck plan. If you are happy fine but with a few dollars you might be happier:D Have you been on the ship before?:confused: I had the pleasure of delivering meet and greets and meeting a lot of cc'ers - I saw the insides and the OV's.

Each to their own - if I was single I would definitely do this on the P'dam because of the cost - but a couple? no way - at least an OV (pick the right rooms and you have walk in closets on this ship - this ship is to die for - don't waste it)

ooops:o I got carried away again. Once you move to an outside on this ship, you have a lot of things you don't see on other ships. This is the Elegant Explorer - she doesn't fit any category on any ship. And seriously, some of the OV rooms are very, very nice.

As long as you are happy but I hate to see you miss an experience;)

- at least an OV (pick the right rooms and you have walk in closets on this ship - this ship is to die for - don't waste it)

The inside cabins (at least on the original portion of the ship; I don't know about the added cabins) also have walk-in closets. The closet I had on my first Prinsendam cruise (single inside cabin) was was large enough to hold everything I would need on a World Cruise---it was that large.

No, the Prinsendam is the only HAL ship without a Canaletto. There really isn't a good place for one that could be set off from the rest of the Lido.

Perhaps the very aft area of the Lido, down the ramp/stairs, would work, but that area is also broken up by the exits to the aft outdoor deck. There don't seem to be enough tables of varying sizes.

Ruth

Thanks--I was thinking this was the case. I think we will have plenty of choices so no worries on the Canaletto!

Mary Lynn

Archived