Earning C&A credits on Celebrity?

I'm platinum on RC and 6 points/credits/whatever away from Emerald status. My family is considering a cruise on Celebrity. Would I acquire credits on a Celebrity cruise that would count towards C&A, and would I get Platinum-equivalent benefits on the Celebrity cruise? How would that work? I tried the RC website, but I feel like someone on here could give me a clearer explanation. Thanks!

I'm platinum on RC and 6 points/credits/whatever away from Emerald status. My family is considering a cruise on Celebrity. Would I acquire credits on a Celebrity cruise that would count towards C&A, and would I get Platinum-equivalent benefits on the Celebrity cruise? How would that work? I tried the RC website, but I feel like someone on here could give me a clearer explanation. Thanks!

No, you can't combine points earned on Celebrity with those earned on RCI to move closer to the next level of C&A membership. You will get reciprocal recognition for whatever level you have reached on one line when you sail on the other. Not sure if it begins at Platinum or Diamond Level. We have reached Diamond Plus level on RCI and will be recognized as Elite Captain's Club members when we sail on Celebrity in a few weeks, but any points earned there will not count in our RCI total.

You can call up Captain's Club (or presumably Crown and Anchor) and they can create an account with your reciprocal status. While it would be nice for the days to combine, I'm definitely not going to complain ... Celebrity treats their Elite passengers quite nicely.

The reciprocity begins with Platinum level - you will be considered Select on Celebrity. Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle are all treated as Elite on Celebrity.

Yep, when we hit Platinum on Royal, we were automatically upped to Select on Celebrity.

But, I think you have to have at least one sailing on the other line for it to count. If you only have Royal status, I don't think you will have any status on Celebrity because you don't get entered into Captains club until after your first sailing.

Yep, when we hit Platinum on Royal, we were automatically upped to Select on Celebrity.

But, I think you have to have at least one sailing on the other line for it to count. If you only have Royal status, I don't think you will have any status on Celebrity because you don't get entered into Captains club until after your first sailing.

No you don't. If you are platinum or above you can get enrolled in Captains Club before you take the cruise to get the Select benefits on board.

You definitely can have the benefits with your first sailing on the other line ... as long as you have your account created ahead of time and referenced on your booking.

That isn't correct or certainly wasn't our experience when we booked our first Celebrity cruise and we told them we were C&A Diamond members. They issued us Captain's Club members and on our very first Celebrity cruise, we were Elite members and received all of the benefits that go with that status.:)

You only need 5 cruises on Celebrity to reach Elite status and you get the same perks that a diamond plus gets on rccl. Doesn't seem right to me. We sailed on the Solstice a few months ago and were given elite status and it was our first celebrity cruise.

Oops mis-read previous post.

You only need 5 cruises on Celebrity to reach Elite status and you get the same perks that a diamond plus gets on rccl. Doesn't seem right to me. We sailed on the Solstice a few months ago and were given elite status and it was our first celebrity cruise.

I think that's a very nice reciprocal program between the cruise lines.........don't you?:)

Archived