Is the MDR open on first day for lunch?

The main dining room on RCI ships is not usually open for lunch on embarkation day. Sometimes they will host a special luncheon there for passengers doing a back to back cruise, or for VIP visitors, but it isn't open for lunch for the rest of the passengers.:)

No cruise that I've ever been on has MDR open for lunch on embarkation day. However, aside from the windjammer, on ships with a promenade there is a cafe open, and a pizza place open on embarkation day.

Just depends on the amenities of the ships as to what is available.

I'm only asking this again, because I think I am having a major brain meltdown. 39August said that the main dining room is only open on Sea Days. Is that really true? I do not know why I was thinking it was open everyday, except Embarkation Day. Maybe I just thought I ate in the MDR each day. Yikes...time to check the brain cells.

Dave

I'm only asking this again, because I think I am having a major brain meltdown. 39August said that the main dining room is only open on Sea Days. Is that really true? I do not know why I was thinking it was open everyday, except Embarkation Day. Maybe I just thought I ate in the MDR each day. Yikes...time to check the brain cells.

Dave

Yup ... only sea days.

The main dining room on RCI ships is not usually open for lunch on embarkation day. Sometimes they will host a special luncheon there for passengers doing a back to back cruise, or for VIP visitors, but it isn't open for lunch for the rest of the passengers.:)
When I went on a b2b2b we were told to go to WJ. Between the next two we were told to go to MDR. I wonder why the difference. My guess was because we had soooo many between the first two due to dazling diamonds.

Other than that I have had to eat in the WJ on every other RCCL cruise I've been on. But, not true for some other lines.

No cruise that I've ever been on has MDR open for lunch on embarkation day. However, aside from the windjammer, on ships with a promenade there is a cafe open, and a pizza place open on embarkation day.

Just depends on the amenities of the ships as to what is available.

The MDR on Princess is open on embarkation day. Its awesome going there because usually only about 10 tables are filled. Quite different than the mas rush in the Windjammer at about 1230!

I'll be on Liberty in February. Will the International Cafe be open for sandwiches on embarkation day?

International Cafe is Princess; I'm sure you mean Cafe Promenade, and yes, it should be open for you. They serve small sandwiches, small desserts, and the most wonderful cookies. :)

International Cafe is Princess; I'm sure you mean Cafe Promenade, and yes, it should be open for you. They serve small sandwiches, small desserts, and the most wonderful cookies. :)

Those are some tasty cookies no? I'd get about 1/2 dozen and hoard them in my room for those late night munchies.

Oh yes, I don't know why I get confused. It can't be getting older....lol

Thanks for the reminder!

The MDR on Princess is open on embarkation day. Its awesome going there because usually only about 10 tables are filled. Quite different than the mas rush in the Windjammer at about 1230!

Yep, that is one of the things I loved best about Princess over the rest.

Now the cookies on RCCL, hands down they got it going on:) (usually my butt:eek:)

Archived