Best place on Voyager for sail away?

kihei228

Agree with Rachel, believe Deck 12 overlooking the pool deck would be best as you sail away from Sydney at 8pm. On Deck 12 at sail-away you may be able to take good pictures of the Sydney skyline while listening to the sail-away music below on the pool deck while sipping your favorite drink. If y'all want to be closer to the music then in/around the pool bar on Deck 11 may be your first choice.

Hope you have a terrific cruise!

Most people will typically gather forward or midship on Deck 12, so you can see where the ship is going. Depending on the lighting, you may find it pays to also walk aft -- the unobstructed views straight off the back of the ship can give you great photos looking back towards the port.

-- Eric

wonderful picture, JMARINER, last time I sailed out of Sydney was just under a year ago, and as I remember it was after dark, but still early, wish I knew how to post pix here.

Your Welcome. Since the ships always seem to sail out in late afternoon/early evening it is hard to get a good photo back at the bridge and Opera house.

How to post photos to CC:

First, you need to put the photo up on the web at a hosting site. I use my free Google Gmail account "photo" album. I you have a Gmail account it is built in already. If not then sign up for free. Just open a new album and follow the instructions to upload the photo.

Then to post the photo cc, just click on the
insertimage.gif
icon and put in the google photo location. Hint leave the photo open in google/gmail and right click on the the photo image and the click on "copy photo location" then when you open the cc photo insert icon
insertimage.gif
just paste the url into the open dialog box (Control V). Email me if you have a question on how to do it. It is really simple after the first time.

j

Your Welcome. Since the ships always seem to sail out in late afternoon/early evening it is hard to get a good photo back at the bridge and Opera house.

How to post photos to CC:

First, you need to put the photo up on the web at a hosting site. I use my free Google Gmail account "photo" album. I you have a Gmail account it is built in already. If not then sign up for free. Just open a new album and follow the instructions to upload the photo.

Then to post the photo cc, just click on the
insertimage.gif
icon and put in the google photo location. Hint leave the photo open in google/gmail and right click on the the photo image and the click on "copy photo location" then when you open the cc photo insert icon
insertimage.gif
just paste the url into the open dialog box (Control V). Email me if you have a question on how to do it. It is really simple after the first time.

j

Thank you so much for posting this information. I'll have to give it a try:D

Thanks for the great picture, Jmariner! And the info on how to post pictures. Does anyone know if it can be done from an ipad

Laurie

You can post photos to cc from you Ipad, Iphone and newer Ipods and just about any device that has internet access and that can upload photos. Basically, if the device let you read and post to cc then you can post up photos also.

Caveat: It helps to re-size the photos down to a smaller size, under 200KB (1280 x 960) in jpg format, so that your upload won't take forever, particularly true when you are on the ships internet system.

j

Additional pix posting on CC guidance posted by one of the most avid and well done picture posters on CC (TLCOhio) lux boards pls see below:

Please see Terry's post (#10) at this thread to see examples of his outstanding pic posting skills, detailed how to instructions by Terry next below:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1340448

I use Photobucket and have been pleased with how it works, uploads, etc. Here are my notes on how to do larger pictures. Below are a couple of examples for I have posted from my earlier pictures.

Old October 16th, 2010, 09:25 AM

5,000+ Club

Great tips on how to post the larger pictures. Here's my "how-to" summary, plus a few examples of pictures that I have posted. Below is a link for the live/day-by-day postings with lots of pictures that I did from Copenhagen and along the Norway Coast. This posting is now over 21,000 views. Appreciate those who have “tuned in”.

For posting photos to these boards, your FIRST STEP is pick an outside web source that will store or “host” your pictures to be posted. Cruise Critic does not have the space to do larger pictures on their site. You can check such places as photobucket.com, imageshack.com, photoshow.com, flickr.com, picasa.google.com etc. I’ve used photobucket.com and have been pleased with how they upload, etc. SECOND, you need to make an export of your picture in a size such as around 1000 pixel wide by about 700 to your desktop of your computer. That’s the approximate size that I use for this purpose. If you make your file too big for posting, then it slows the process and takes long to upload, etc. THIRD, you use this outside web host to which you upload these different pictures sitting on your desktop. FOURTH, after uploading each picture, you will make a copy of that imbedded address in your file for future posting purposes. It will have have the square parentheses or bracket symbols before and after the capital letter IMG at the start and end of this location on your photo storage site.

Then as you want to post each different picture, you would, FIFTH STEP, copy and paste that imbedded address file for each picture as a part of your message on the CC Boards. In my files, I also have brief written description of each picture and have them grouped by the different city or country locations. With this imbedded file address, the reader on these boards doesn’t have to check on anything or paste to their web browser. It just pops up showing the picture. Does this help? Let me know how it works out and/or any added questions. It will hopefully pop up as this picture does below. You can preview your post to see if it's working OK before doing the actual post to these boards.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For lots of interesting details, great visuals, etc., from our July 1-16 Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. Don’t be shy and feel free to ask any questions of interest.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

If you want to practice posting pix using Mariner's very good instructions above,Terry's below, Cruise Critic has many practice pix threads..pls see below

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1098834&page=5

Archived