Booking On Board?

Angiet2

Does anyone know what the benefits are, on Azamara, if you purchase a future cruise credit or open passage(not a specific cruise, but just the cruise credit/open passage)?

I know on Celebrity when you do an open booking, it is an OBC and a reduced deposit. There is also a 'friends and family' perk, should you be able to convince them to book the same cruise. Does Azamara allow you to combine your open passage/future cruise credit OBC with anything else that a TA might give you? Azamara has some amazing deals that show up from time to time and it would be a dream come true if you were able to 'double dip'.:D

I know that I am going to be reduced to drooling over Azamara this summer on my Journey, July 6 2012 cruise and am already pouring over their 2013 schedule, in hopes of finding something that will 'scratch my future Azamara itch'!

Thanks again!

Angie in San Diego:)

Does anyone know what the benefits are, on Azamara, if you purchase a future cruise credit or open passage(not a specific cruise, but just the cruise credit/open passage)?

I know on Celebrity when you do an open booking, it is an OBC and a reduced deposit. There is also a 'friends and family' perk, should you be able to convince them to book the same cruise. Does Azamara allow you to combine your open passage/future cruise credit OBC with anything else that a TA might give you? Azamara has some amazing deals that show up from time to time and it would be a dream come true if you were able to 'double dip'.:D

I know that I am going to be reduced to drooling over Azamara this summer on my Journey, July 6 2012 cruise and am already pouring over their 2013 schedule, in hopes of finding something that will 'scratch my future Azamara itch'!

Thanks again!

Hi Angie,

This information was posted in late 2011 :

For cruises of 8 nights or less, you will receive a $200-$400 discount per stateroom.

For cruises of 9 nights or more, you will receive a $400-$600 discount per stateroom. Discount amount is based upon stateroom type.

There is also a reduced deposit. $275 per person for Club Veranda or lower.

I believe you can also obtain 2 certificates for Friends & Family. As for combining, I believe Azamara's policy is the same as Celebrity. If the TA $$$ is fully provided by the TA (not a part of any Azamara promotion), you may be able to combine - though I'm not certain on this. I recommend checking with your TA on this question.

I will try to confirm with Azamara, to see if this information is up to date.

• 4 weeks later...

We are going on three cruises this year with Celebrity, but have our eye on a B2B on Azamara March, 2013. Can we book while on our Celebrity cruise and get the same on-board booking perks?

We sailed Azamara twice and cannot wait to be able to return. Love the small, elegant ships.

Many thanks,

Jennie

Keep in mind that Azamara treats an "Open Passage" certificate as a "booking" and you will NOT be able to use it to take advantage of a "new bookings only" offer. There is no mention of this on the certificates and it really limits the ability to use them.

Thank you for this caution. It is sometimes better to go with new booking offers, so just something to be aware of. I've had 'furture cruise certificates' that I chose to let expire because there were better 'new booking' deals to be found.

We are going on three cruises this year with Celebrity, but have our eye on a B2B on Azamara March, 2013. Can we book while on our Celebrity cruise and get the same on-board booking perks?

We sailed Azamara twice and cannot wait to be able to return. Love the small, elegant ships.

Many thanks,

Jennie

Hi Jennie,

Yes, you can book an Azamara Cruise while onboard Celebrity. I'm not entirely certain if you would receive the same onboard benefits. I will see if I can find out. Stay Tuned !

Keep in mind that Azamara treats an "Open Passage" certificate as a "booking" and you will NOT be able to use it to take advantage of a "new bookings only" offer. There is no mention of this on the certificates and it really limits the ability to use them.

I ALWAYS sail under an advance open booking and I have never had any problem using them with Azamara. I have been able to take advantage of some outstanding promotions. No one has ever used the words "new bookings only" when I applied an open passage to an actual sailing. I have had problems taking advantage of advance open bookings with Celebrity, but not with Azamara. I leave each sailing with two open deposits, so I can take advantage of great offers when they come along.

I ALWAYS sail under an advance open booking and I have never had any problem using them with Azamara. I have been able to take advantage of some outstanding promotions. No one has ever used the words "new bookings only" when I applied an open passage to an actual sailing. I have had problems taking advantage of advance open bookings with Celebrity, but not with Azamara. I leave each sailing with two open deposits, so I can take advantage of great offers when they come along.

I'm happy for you, but let me assure you that I escalated this issue last month and was told in no uncertain terms that I could not use an Open Passage for a "new bookings only" promotion. I'd be delighted if someone from Azamara would clarify this here. It should at least be made clear when selling them on-board.

I'm happy for you, but let me assure you that I escalated this issue last month and was told in no uncertain terms that I could not use an Open Passage for a "new bookings only" promotion. I'd be delighted if someone from Azamara would clarify this here. It should at least be made clear when selling them on-board.

Hello Marinaro -

I'm looking into your issue about the onboard booking program and will get back to you.

Thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Hello Marinaro -

I'm looking into your issue about the onboard booking program and will get back to you.

Thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Thanks, Bill. We have friends cruising Journey in two weeks and I'd like to give them a definitive answer so they can make an informed decision about buying Open Passages.

I have an Azamara booking for 2013 which was booked on board. Now it looks like we may not be able to go on that cruise. Would the On Board Booking price reduction of $400-$600 still apply if we changed the date?

Hi Bill,

I am traveling on Journey in July and would also need an answer on 'new bookings only' promotions and utilizing an open passages certificate.

We are SO looking forward to experiencing your amazing cruise line! Reading the 5 star+ reviews on Cruise Critic only gets us more excited!

Thank you for getting us all some clarity on the Open Passages question.

We will be on Azamara Quest very soon. We anticipate having a great time and would seriously consider purchasing an Open Passage certificate for a future booking. But, given the inconsistencies in their use reported on this thread, I'd really appreciate accurate and current info on the use/restrictions of Open Passage certificates. Sorry to push this, but time is of the essence since we leave very shortly. Many thanks!

Hi Everyone,

This is what I have from a few months ago :

For cruises of 8 nights or less, you will receive a $200-$400 discount per stateroom.

For cruises of 9 nights or more, you will receive a $400-$600 discount per stateroom.

Discount amount is based upon stateroom type.

There is also a reduced deposit. $275 per person for Club Veranda or lower.

You should receieve the same offer whether you book onboard Azamara or Celebrity. Probably Royal Caribbean as well. I'm trying to confirm this with Azamara, and hope to have an answer tomorrow. Stay Tuned !

Hello Marinaro, Emdee, Angiet and Mighty Quinn -

Following my discussions with our revenue management and call center manager, I'm very pleased to share with you the good news that you can use your onboard Open Passages account to book passage on voyages that happen to be included in special 2- or 3-day tactical "sales." Redeeming your Open Passage account is considered as "New Booking."

Marinaro, it seems that there had been a misunderstanding during the reservation process and I'm sorry for your confusion and frustration. I suggest that you or your travel professional contact our reservations team so that your booking can be adjusted. It's obvious that your persistence about resolving your Open Passages issue has made an important difference in clarifying this program's operation and we thank you for your efforts!

Emdee, purchasing an onboard Open Passages account will provide you with the flexibility to change your departure date and retain the Open Passages savings as long as the change is made at least 91-days prior to departure. Certainly with a 2013 departure date, you meet that requirement!

Angiet and Mighty Quinn, I'm hopeful that this clarification will reinforce your confidence to consider purchasing an Open Passages account on your forthcoming Azamara voyages.

Thank you for your patience as we sorted out this mix-up which I believe resulted from our policy regarding “price protection” for reservations already booked. As I mentioned in my December 8, 2011 post, "there are actually two types of pricing promotions that are introduced into the marketplace from time-to-time to stimulate new business – one allows eligibility for previously booked guests [General pricing promotions] while the other [2- or 3-day tactical "sales"] is restricted to only “new bookings.” Here is a link to that thread for more information: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1522484&page=2

Thank you for your patience and your much-valued loyalty to Azamara Club Cruises.

Sincerely,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Bill

What is the best way to be informed of the "tactical sales" that you mention. Do they occur on a regular schedule like the Tuesday sales at Celebrity or should I just wait for the emails I've registered at the Azamara website as a past passenger.

Thanks, Charlie

Thank you, Bill, for all your timely information. Here is my concern.

Az has specials for 2012 giving excellent discounts and OBC. Also, they offer 2/1 prices, cabin upgrades, and help with air. Another benefit is special reductions toward cruise prices if you book B2B. We are looking at a B2B for March of 2013 and will be able to swing it if these benefits are in place for 2013. When will that information be available? We are sailing March 29 on Celebrity and again Sept 2. Sure would like to take advantage while still on board.

Many thanks for all you do,

Jennie

... Redeeming your Open Passage account is considered as "New Booking"...
That says it all. Now I have no hesitation in purchasing an Open Passage account, knowing that it's considered a new booking upon redemption. Sounds like a win to me! Thanks so much, Bill, for your timely and clear response.

That says it all. Now I have no hesitation in purchasing an Open Passage account, knowing that it's considered a new booking upon redemption. Sounds like a win to me! Thanks so much, Bill, for your timely and clear response.
Yes, that was good news from Bill on the Open Passage.

There is still a condition in the fine print on the Open Passage that everyone should be aware of. It reads as follows:

"A Passage booking may not be combined with more than two other OBC and dollars off offers."

So, even though it can be used for a "new bookings only" promotion, if that promotion has more than two OBC and dollars off discounts (e.g., dollars off for using ChoiceAir, Azamara-supplied OBC, or upgrade from one class of stateroom to another), you still cannot use the Passage. Bottom line, I can't use a Passage for the Valentine's Day, not because it's for "new bookings only," but because there are more than two other offers.

My point is that everyone should be aware of the restrictions before purchasing, because there are restrictions. And, I am quite happy with the Valentine's Day promotion for our December Quest trans-Atlantic, despite this.

Thanks, Bill, for chasing this down for all of us.

Yes, that was good news from Bill on the Open Passage.

There is still a condition in the fine print on the Open Passage that everyone should be aware of. It reads as follows:

"A Passage booking may not be combined with more than two other OBC and dollars off offers."

So, even though it can be used for a "new bookings only" promotion, if that promotion has more than two OBC and dollars off discounts (e.g., dollars off for using ChoiceAir, Azamara-supplied OBC, or upgrade from one class of stateroom to another), you still cannot use the Passage. Bottom line, I can't use a Passage for the Valentine's Day, not because it's for "new bookings only," but because there are more than two other offers.

My point is that everyone should be aware of the restrictions before purchasing, because there are restrictions. And, I am quite happy with the Valentine's Day promotion for our December Quest trans-Atlantic, despite this.

Thanks, Bill, for chasing this down for all of us.

We were able to use the following last October:

1. Book On Board discount (which was originally OBC. We only had to pay a $100.00 deposit booked on Celebrity)

2. Choice Air Discount (only for one of us)

3. Veranda for the price of an OV

4. $500.00 OBC for Egypt Cancelation (the first time that it happened on our original cruise). Note that originally Azamara did not want to honor this but our ta worked it out. Otherwise we were just getting the same deal as everyone else (who had booked the Valentines Day Special or price reduction when the itinerary was changed prior to final payment), and by this point Egypt was canceled on us for the second time.

We were able to use the following last October:

1. Book On Board discount (which was originally OBC. We only had to pay a $100.00 deposit booked on Celebrity)

2. Choice Air Discount (only for one of us)

3. Veranda for the price of an OV

4. $500.00 OBC for Egypt Cancelation (the first time that it happened on our original cruise). Note that originally Azamara did not want to honor this but our ta worked it out. Otherwise we were just getting the same deal as everyone else (who had booked the Valentines Day Special or price reduction when the itinerary was changed prior to final payment), and by this point Egypt was canceled on us for the second time.

Good for you...and your TA. I'm guessing the Egypt cancellaion factored into Azamara's decision to honor the Passage. Smart move on their part to do that.

Can I also use my RCCL Stockholders credit with these other discounts on Amazara??

Thanks,

Marion

Hello Marion -

For the sake of good order, I'm checking with our manager of revenue management for an official response.

Because of the frequency of this question about the Shareholder OBC, we are preparing a definitive list of Azamara offered OBC's and "dollar-off" promotions to which the Shareholder OBC can be combined.

Once I have that information, I'll be back to you and others with the update.

Thanks for your loyalty to Azamara!

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Hello, I have a question of a little different bent on the discussion of booking while on board. I have sailed Azamara several times and booked a future cruise open passage each time. I had been told that , if I wanted to transfer my booking to a travel agent , I would need to transfer it to the agent within sixty days of the date of booking the open passage.

BUT when I last sailed on the Journey, one month ago, the future cruise sales directior, Juliana, told me that she just received notice that there was no longer a sixty day time period to transfer to a travel agent.She said that I could hold onto the open passage booking and transfer to my travel agent whenever I decided which actual sailing I wanted . I just called Azamara customer service and they did not have that information.

So I am confused. I would like to wait until I am ready to book an actual sail date but do not want to lose out on the ability to transfer. Maybe Bill Leiber can shed some light on this while he is checking into other issues around future bookings. Thanks!

Archived