Portifinos question if you have dined there??

GaryNFla

I am browsing over the menu and remembering all the reviews I have heard. Many have said the shrimp risotto is not to missed. The show one as a appettizer and another as a entree. both are different preparations? Have you had this and which one? I really want that seafood skewer and hope they can prepare it withour salmon as I am not a big salmon fan..Thanks for all imput..

Almost forgot..have you tried the wine pairing dinner? I usually enjoy the pairings..Did you?

Hi Gary, I had the shrimp risotto as an appetizer. It was amazing, the highlight of the meal for me. I also had the seafood skewer, and enjoyed it very much. The presentation on that big skewer is impressive. (The server removes all the seafood for you at the table.) I'm sure if you asked that they would leave off the salmon. The service was excellent.

Sorry, we didn't do the wine pairings. :o

I am browsing over the menu and remembering all the reviews I have heard. Many have said the shrimp risotto is not to missed. The show one as a appettizer and another as a entree. both are different preparations? Have you had this and which one? I really want that seafood skewer and hope they can prepare it withour salmon as I am not a big salmon fan..Thanks for all imput..

Almost forgot..have you tried the wine pairing dinner? I usually enjoy the pairings..Did you?

I have had the seafood skewer where they have left out the salmon;)

We did the wine pairing on the Liberty and it was very good. If I am correct, it was a 5 course meal and they introduced the course as well as the wine they were paired with. Although it pales in comparison to a 5 star chef's buffet (tasting menu) it was worth going to and far, far, far cheaper.

We will do it again on our next cruise. It was a delightful experience.

Larry

Im going to try the skewer myself but I too, am not a salmon fan. Wonder if they would substitute a couple extra shrimp or a scallop or two? :confused:

Guess it doesnt hurt to ask......if not, Im sure its still PLENTY of food.

We did the wine pairing on the Liberty and it was very good. If I am correct, it was a 5 course meal and they introduced the course as well as the wine they were paired with. Although it pales in comparison to a 5 star chef's buffet (tasting menu) it was worth going to and far, far, far cheaper.

We will do it again on our next cruise. It was a delightful experience.

Larry

Thanks Larry..That was what I was hoping to hear!! Thanks for your service to our country!!

Im going to try the skewer myself but I too, am not a salmon fan. Wonder if they would substitute a couple extra shrimp or a scallop or two? :confused:

They did it for my wife on the Navigator in December.

I have had the risotto as both entree and appetizer. They were both the same, just different size. It is absolutely wonderful!!!

Strange...i had them on the Jewel last month. The appetizer had more of a white sauce, while the entree was a red sauce and slightly different. Both fantastic, but different taste with different sauces.

Strange...i had them on the Jewel last month. The appetizer had more of a white sauce, while the entree was a red sauce and slightly different. Both fantastic, but different taste with different sauces.

Agree - the appetizer and the entree are as above and both different and both excellent

I had the skewer and had them substitute extra shrimp for the scallops (I like them - they don't like me!) so shouldn't be a problem

They did it for me with out a problem. I just asked for a lobster and shrimp version and got extra of both with out a charge and no questions about it.

Portofino's was almost empty on our Nov-Dec 2011 Med Cruise - Independence of the Seas. We dined at Portofino's twice. I had the risotto appetizer and seafood skewer as the main. The risotto was mildly seasoned and very good, albeit rich. The skewer was nicely prepared and beautifully served. Although we had one reservation booked online prior to the cruise, it was no trouble to book once onboard.

We want to make reservations for Portofinos but how do we know what nights are formal on our 12 N Med. cruise? I want to avoid the formal nights for specialty dining. Do the reservations fill up?

Reservations could fill up depending on the cruise. Our 12/30 NYE cruise Portofino's was filled every night - in March - not so much. Go the first day and make your reservations and you shouldn't have a problem.

Thanks Larry..That was what I was hoping to hear!! Thanks for your service to our country!!

I hope you enjoy it, Gary. We are going to Las Vegas next month and will dine at the Bellagio's Le Cirque, their degustation menu with the wine pairing. We like to treat ourselves every couple years.;)

Thanks for your acknowledgement. It was my honor to serve.

Portofino was excellent on the Brilliance.

I didn't know that we could ask for more lobster/shrimp in place of salmon.

I am sure they will always give you more shrimp. The lobster I think would depend on the waiter and they may say that they have to charge more. I figure it never hurts to ask and it happened to work out.

I hope you enjoy it, Gary. We are going to Las Vegas next month and will dine at the Bellagio's Le Cirque, their degustation menu with the wine pairing. We like to treat ourselves every couple years.;)

Thanks for your acknowledgement. It was my honor to serve.

Wine pairings are my favorite way to treat myself to the best possible meal. YVW:)

Gary, do the Wine Series dinner and you will not regret it! We just did it last Monday night on Freedom and it was pretty spectacular. Four couples signed up for it and we were all seated at separate tables, but in the same section so we could talk to one another if we liked. I thought that was a nice touch. The GF doesn't eat red meat so they substituted the seafood skewer. I went to Portofino's the day before to ask if they could do this for her. No problem at all, of course. They will prepare it any way you prefer.

The wines were very nice and they were not at all stingy with them. The service was phenomenal and, of course, the food was outstanding. You just can't beat the whole experience for the price. We would certainly do it again!

Hi Gary!

I had the seafood skewer at Portofino and I also do not care for salmon. There was no problem in deleting it and they just added extra shrimp and

scallops - yum! I also had the shrip risotto, delish!

Have you made reservations yet? Wasn't crazy about the time they gave us, hoping to change it once onboard.

Counting down the days!!!

D.

Gary, do the Wine Series dinner and you will not regret it! We just did it last Monday night on Freedom and it was pretty spectacular. Four couples signed up for it and we were all seated at separate tables, but in the same section so we could talk to one another if we liked. I thought that was a nice touch. The GF doesn't eat red meat so they substituted the seafood skewer. I went to Portofino's the day before to ask if they could do this for her. No problem at all, of course. They will prepare it any way you prefer.

The wines were very nice and they were not at all stingy with them. The service was phenomenal and, of course, the food was outstanding. You just can't beat the whole experience for the price. We would certainly do it again!

That sounds like a definite must do!! They offer in on Mondays and I will sign up as soon as we board. My TA is treating for dinner and I will pay for the wine upgrade. I hope they will do It for just 1 of us, I am the only wine drinker..

Hi Gary!

I had the seafood skewer at Portofino and I also do not care for salmon. There was no problem in deleting it and they just added extra shrimp and

scallops - yum! I also had the shrip risotto, delish!

Have you made reservations yet? Wasn't crazy about the time they gave us, hoping to change it once onboard.

Counting down the days!!!

D.

LOL..what you had for dinner is exactly what I plan on ordering. I have not made a reservation since I have a voucher from my TA. Monday is the wine pairing and I really hope to get in on that.. I so love wine and especially paired with dinner.. I plan on boarding as early as possible..

Archived