Options...to make a good choice.

akruz

Our cruise leaves April 7 at 430pm officially.

Flights out and we have to make a decision.

1. Leave april 3 for 668.00 cdn from a city within 1 hr proximity. More days to spend and more days of holiday vacation expenditure

2. Leave April 5 from city within proximity 888.00 and would have to grab those tickets quick as it jumps to over $1000.00.

3 Leave April 6 from Calgary drive 7 hrs on april 5 for 663.00

Perhaps for some it is a slam dunk decision.

We would have to look for hotels that would accomodate the length of stay, et. Would need help.

Have to make this decision asap as only a few tickets left at those prices.

Help us make a decision.......... I think we are so overwhelmed that our minds are foggy with this wait for a price. Yes, I like the 668. price but would have to spend the difference on the hotel, etc.

Thanks as i hope we can go on from here. As I said to other couple I want this done by today!

April 3 saves you just over $200, but you'll spend more than that for hotels and meals in FLA. If you wanted to vacation prior to your cruise I'd go on the 3rd; otherwise I'd fly in on the 5th. Saving $200 in exchange for a 7 hour drive (and another 7 hours when you fly home :eek:) is not an option I would opt for.

Good luck! :)

Thank you as I need input as per your replies to make a decision.

Our decision would mean more days off work, too.

The Calgary stint will not work at this time due to my knee replacement for the 7 hour drive and than the airflight. So I am accepting that idea as not going to work.

By flying in on the 5th we will require 2 nights hotel and one day to spend in FLL and on April 3 we would require 4 nights hotel and three days in FLL till our cruise.

We have to make decision soon as the cruise just is at a time that is busy and expensive. If we would have chosen Mar 24th the flights would have been 550.00

Do you think Celebrity would change the dates from April 7 to Mar 24th. Is this possible? You people have been on numerous cruises so relying on your expertise.

Dar

Do you think Celebrity would change the dates from April 7 to Mar 24th. Is this possible? You people have been on numerous cruises so relying on your expertise.

Dar

Depends upon if there are still available rooms in your category and how the pricing on the two cruises compares. It does not hurt to ask. Good luck! :)

First, I would call Celebrity PRONTO to see whether they can switch you. Next I would budget the extra vacation days and just leave early. For the $ 200 you might get a decent hotel (ok, not 5 stars, but decent) for the 3 nights. Food expenses - if you stayed home you would need to eat as well. So, make the most out of your vacation!

We just had a car rented from Alamo this past week in FLL for 8 dollars a DAY!

Typically, if you are within final payment period (usually 60 days or so pre-cruise) changing your cruise date is counted as a cancellation and would incur cancellation fees. You should check with whoever you booked your cruise with ASAP if you are thinking about changing cruise dates and check with Celebrity website as to how many days pre-cruise is considered within final payment period.

Typically, if you are within final payment period (usually 60 days or so pre-cruise) changing your cruise date is counted as a cancellation and would incur cancellation fees. You should check with whoever you booked your cruise with ASAP if you are thinking about changing cruise dates and check with Celebrity website as to how many days pre-cruise is considered within final payment period.

Final payment date has passed on this cruise. It was January 28th so the percentage meter is now ticking on cancellations / refunds. The March 24th and the April 21st sailings are both higher priced than the April 7th sailing so attempting to switch to either one of them won't save any money at all.

Archived