Ladies, show me your cruise dress!

ajhunt2

2011_02_20_3852.jpg

Ruched mermaid blue cocktail dress

More Views ...

what does everyone think of this dress..i kind of like it for formal night.it's only 10 bux..not really sure i need to buy a dress but it's so reasonable..my DH thought it looked kind of cha cha but i think it's kind of cute..i love black but i ALWAYS end up picking black so im trying to get away from that LOL...thanks in advance..oh BTW..i think it looks a little wrinkled here so i would iron it 1st of course

cruisedress.png

I wore this on my first cruise to our formal dinner. It was a tank and a skirt that I paired with a waist belt.

I know it's short but hey, I'm 6feet so its hard to find dresses to fit my length! It was perfect though b/c after dinner I didn't have to completely change like everyone else, I just took my skirt off, slipped on some jeans and voila! I think I'm to do a versatile outfit like that again for my upcoming cruise in April.

2011_02_20_3852.jpg

More Views ...

what does everyone think of this dress..i kind of like it for formal night.it's only 10 bux..not really sure i need to buy a dress but it's so reasonable..my DH thought it looked kind of cha cha but i think it's kind of cute..i love black but i ALWAYS end up picking black so im trying to get away from that LOL...thanks in advance..oh BTW..i think it looks a little wrinkled here so i would iron it 1st of course

Although it is not my style, It's entirely up to you and if you have the figure to pull it off (a sz. 6 or under) I say go for it. I don't consider this formal/elegant, though, but on a more casual night, it could work. To me it falls more under "Clubwear".

Edited by palmbaytish

cruisedress.png

I wore this on my first cruise to our formal dinner. It was a tank and a skirt that I paired with a waist belt.

I know it's short but hey, I'm 6feet so its hard to find dresses to fit my length! It was perfect though b/c after dinner I didn't have to completely change like everyone else, I just took my skirt off, slipped on some jeans and voila! I think I'm to do a versatile outfit like that again for my upcoming cruise in April.

Woohoo a long drink of sass. Love the look! Welcome to the board. :D

Here are my 2 formal dresses from my last cruise. I decided to wear two floor length dresses...

CarnivalValor2012063.jpg

CarnivalValor2012345.jpg

I found that not many people were wearing floor length dresses, but I didn't really care. I always seize the opportunity on cruises to wear my floor length gowns, as they just sit in my closet collecting dust the other 364 days out of the year :P

Good for you! We are on vacation and living the good life while on the boat. Why not dress it up to top it all off! I love the formal nights on the boat. I secretly wish there were more of it.

2011_02_20_3852.jpg

More Views ...

My rule on it is if you feel good in it, then rock it with a smile. Dressing up on the boat is about feeling good and celebrating vacation! I'm biased towards the color because it pops. I like to wear bold colors on formal nights.

Mainly i Prefer to the Online Shopping . last time i found a website http://www.womenplussizedresses.co.uk/ for Plus Size Womens Dresses that i found better than others.

I hate hate hate online shopping as a plus sized girl. It's such a bother to send things back.

Never know exactly how its going to fit, since its a crap shoot. There is no consistency in plus sizes. That's why I was so annoyed when old navy banished us from the stores!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Good for you! We are on vacation and living the good life while on the boat. Why not dress it up to top it all off! I love the formal nights on the boat. I secretly wish there were more of it.

I just had a thought: ships should devote one dining room to "dress to the nine's" for all those would love to wear formals. I love the dining room but don't like dressing up. So for 2 nights I bite my lip and wear dresses!