Not to be missed Celebrity menu items

judebarsto

Yum....rack of lamb. Here's the version served on formal night in Blu.

2273547820104945102S600x600Q85.jpg

Loved Ms favorites in Qsine, especially the lamb chops:

2166741540104945102S600x600Q85.jpg

My favorite desserts were the pistachio creme brûlée in Tuscan:

2668216960104945102S600x600Q85.jpg

And the chocolate croquant in Normandie on Summit:

2291178120104945102S600x600Q85.jpg

Qzine - not to be missed, the painters palette ( beef filet) and the american Kobe beef sliders .

I second that along with the goat cheese souffle,chocolate souffle and cheese cart in Murano, the filet mignon and chocolate fondue in Tuscan (both incredible), the nutella crepe in Bistro on Five.

By any chance is 1122 your birthday? It's mine.

Where are you ever going to have another chance to enjoy

lobster mac and cheese, with hunks of lobster????..........and then, follow it up with your main course, the best filet mignon you've ever had

And which ship has lobster Mac and cheese? Never saw it on any of the menus. Do tell!

Judy

I tried posting this on the foodie board with no responses yet. Maybe some past Celebrity passengers can chime in:

We are traveling on Equinox in a month and I've been checking out menus and reviews. I realize that the general opinion is that Celebrity dining has deteriorated somewhat over the past years, but still - there must be some particular dishes that are just excellent, even in the MDR. There's an old thread on this, but I thought it would be fun to hear everyone's opinions. MDR or specialty dining - what are your favorites?

Judy

Crepe Suzette is fantastic.

And which ship has lobster Mac and cheese? Never saw it on any of the menus. Do tell!

Judy

It's at the Lawn Club Grill, a new specialty restaurant on Silhouette (and on Reflection).

Here's the full menu:

http://luvtotravel.homestead.com/Lawn_Club_Grill_Menu.pdf

Can't wait to try it myself, but will let DH do the grilling, like at home!

WHY has no one mentioned the BREADSTICKS....no other cruise line has the wonderful, crispy, delectable breadsticks that Celebrity has alway had...and continues. I pass up rolls every time.....and go for the crunchy breadsticks!!!!

We eat tons of these every trip! Love em. We also love the creme brule in the MDR and order it several times a cruise. Love the waffles, and the omelet stations, the wonderful croissants, and sometimes the pizza (found that varies by cruise). In the MDR DH loves the caesar salad (although I have found it so-so). On my last cruise on Summit, I had two (related) dishes I loved - a short rib and mashed potatoes dinner, and then the next night a lasagna made with what I presume were the remaining short ribs. I swear in my 20 Celebrity cruises these two dishes were the best I had ever eaten - including Specialty restaurant fare (which is of course usually to die for). I have also had good luck ordering some of the daily seafood choices. Best bet is to ask the waiter what is good that night, especially if you are on second seating. They are reluctant to tell you what might NOT be good, but they are happy to tell you which dishes are getting raved about as happy passengers are good tipping passengers:D

We loved the pot au chocolat that was served at the buffet on the first day at lunch. Also, loved the pork belly. I would never have thought to order it, but I heard the chef talking about the recipe. It was absolutely scrumptious. Hope they still have it when I sail soon.

It's at the Lawn Club Grill, a new specialty restaurant on Silhouette (and on Reflection).

Here's the full menu:

http://luvtotravel.homestead.com/Lawn_Club_Grill_Menu.pdf

Can't wait to try it myself, but will let DH do the grilling, like at home!

Love the mac and cheese with lobster. Also steak and lamb at lawn grill. Opps, agree on the garlic bread sticks.

escargot, creme brulee, lamb shank( fall off the bone tender) frog legs, the croissants in the OVC so flaky... the blintz, the waffles, the granola in the cereals to mix in yogurt, English bacon... cold strawberry or cherry soup, duck confit, roasted quail, roasted duck, the pot of chocolate and the wafer crisp dessert in OVC... ( okay gotta stop I am drooling......):rolleyes::eek:

We're going to be on the Equinox in a few weeks and are trying to decide if their specialty restaurants are worth it. What do you think? If yes, which would you recommend? It will be my DH's birthday. P.S. Novice that i am, what is the OVC??

Them waffles and cheese blintzes on the buffet are wonderful (seriously a man was telling me while we waited in line that he had literally been dreaming about them for two weeks prior to the cruise.

Who was that? :cool:

We're going to be on the Equinox in a few weeks and are trying to decide if their specialty restaurants are worth it. What do you think? If yes, which would you recommend? It will be my DH's birthday. P.S. Novice that i am, what is the OVC??

Hi jofrank,

First, I think OVC is the Oceanview Cafe, the buffet restaurant.

As for the specialty restaurants: my husband and I were on the Solstice last January for my big 60th birthday celebration. We went to Murano the second night of the cruise and it was outstanding, well worth the splurge for a special occasion! We both had the foie gras to start, and it was fabulous. DH had lobster bisque and then the lobster Thermidor, prepared tableside, flambeed, both delicious. I had the rack of lamb, prepared perfectly, fantastic. The presentation of everything is gorgeous and the service is stellar. We brought a very good bottle of Barolo on board and had it that night - corkage fee $25, but less than the bottles they were selling. For dessert we had the 2 souffles, chocolate and grand Marnier, served with custard sauces. THEN, since they knew it was my bday, they brought out a luscious valrhona chocolate cake with a candle. By that time, I couldn't even touch it! And then there were petit fours, I think. A lovely evening.

Other people on the board have loved Tuscan Grill or Silk harvest, which are less expensive, just as much as we loved Murano, so I think at least one splurge is in order! Definitely recommended!

Judy

Thanks, Judy. That was just the kind of input I was hoping to get. I think we'll definitely go to a specialty at least the one birthday night. Now...to decide which one. I think I'll let DH decide! Yum Yum, can't wait.

auto correct which changed Italian words

Tuscan Grille

I ate there two nights. First night I followed suggestions. Second night I ventured off on my own. You should follow in my 2nd night footsteps and not be swayed by unknowing souls. Trust me on this. The following is broken down by menu categories (http://luvtotravel.homestead.com/Menus.html):

Primi Platti -- Casserola e Granchio (jumbo lump crab)

Zuppe e insulate: Cioppino

Pasta: Pappardelle alla Toscana (Kobe meatballs)

Bistecche: Filetto Mignon Rustico (filet mignon)

Dolce: Assorted Gelato

Archived