Suites-Difference between Holland and Princess

dpump

Did a suite on princess once - that was enough! The biggest difference is the size of the suite itself and also the size of the balcony. The Princess suite balcony was almost non-existent. The lounges could not be situated perpendicular to the door, but rather had to be on an angle! What a dissapointment. Both lines offer breakfast in the specialty restaurant and in my opinion, HAL does that better. Early embarkation (suite privilege) on Princess does allow you the opportunity to book the Sanctuary, which for us, was a life saver. Think my husband would have jumped overboard without that! Comparing apples to apples, I would choose HAL every time!

Did a suite on princess once - that was enough! The biggest difference is the size of the suite itself and also the size of the balcony. The Princess suite balcony was almost non-existent. The lounges could not be situated perpendicular to the door, but rather had to be on an angle! What a dissapointment. Both lines offer breakfast in the specialty restaurant and in my opinion, HAL does that better. Early embarkation (suite privilege) on Princess does allow you the opportunity to book the Sanctuary, which for us, was a life saver. Think my husband would have jumped overboard without that! Comparing apples to apples, I would choose HAL every time!

I have to say I agree with this post - the size of the suite was a real disappointment on Princess. Guess we have been spoiled. I also missed the Neptune Lounge and some of the benefits that went with it.

A lot easier to go there and get a coffee, tea, munchies, whatever. I don't need it delivered. If I want it, i go get it.

For us, HAL is far better than Princess when it comes to suites. I like the size of the room (you can entertain easily or relax with your own wine if you want to bring it on board) I didn't see a whole lot of benefit with my suite on Princess (nor Celebrity for that matter) JMO though;)

Not on the old Royal Princess, which is the only Princess ship I've been on. I believe there is something similar to the lounge on the larger Princess ships. There are more perks in a suite on Princess than HAL. The most important one is the free internet. Since I have to be in touch with my business, that saved me $100+ dollars. We also had free laundry, priority boarding, priority tenders, flowers, treats, breakfast in their equivalent to the Pinnacle, free drinks in the minibar, and a number of other things. Princess is much better in that way than HAL.

The last time we sailed Princess we were back-to-back in their largest suite and there was not a single amenity. We were very disappointed in how poorly we thought suite guests were treated and some of the things that went on amazed us to the point of never returning.

We were used to how HAL treats Suite guests and despite the actual suite being two wonderful rooms with one and half bath..... marble main bath was tremendous. We never returned to Princess and probably never will.

Archived