Please help for 3 day pre cruise ideas!

akruz

We will be looking for hotel, things to do, transportation to/from hotel & pier. We will be arriving Apr 3 to FLL and cruise will leave April 7. There are 4 of us and we need the above. We will require no post cruise as we want to fly home that day.

I read somewhere on this thread a hotel they stayed at did happy hour, one day car rental, etc. I cannot remember where?

Where should we locate and stay all nights at same hotel as at present we have no car rental.

Would be nice to be near mall, grocery store, etc and a nice area.

Beach hotels more costly than hotels near cruise port?

I guess we just need help in all this area and hopefully do not have to ask so many questions but just enjoy reading this site.

Still have to do shore excursions for Celebrity south Caribbean?

Is it too late for us to find something as we require within by April 3rd to 6th inclusive.

Thank you to everyone for helping.

We will be looking for hotel, things to do, transportation to/from hotel & pier. We will be arriving Apr 3 to FLL and cruise will leave April 7. There are 4 of us and we need the above. We will require no post cruise as we want to fly home that day.

I read somewhere on this thread a hotel they stayed at did happy hour, one day car rental, etc. I cannot remember where?

Where should we locate and stay all nights at same hotel as at present we have no car rental.

Would be nice to be near mall, grocery store, etc and a nice area.

Beach hotels more costly than hotels near cruise port?

I guess we just need help in all this area and hopefully do not have to ask so many questions but just enjoy reading this site.

Still have to do shore excursions for Celebrity south Caribbean?

Is it too late for us to find something as we require within by April 3rd to 6th inclusive.

Thank you to everyone for helping.

Nice to see you got here... be patient, you'll get lots of help.

Thanks Toberman for the encouragement. Yes I paid for the airline tickets today. We saved more than $200.00 Pp. leaving on Tues instead of Thur or Friday before Easter break.

Cruiser Bruce is the info you suggested under the Florida Departures. Sorry,,,some day I will catch on to this site.

How do you guys get to copy in blue the original question and than answer underneath?

Like I said a real newbie from the Cdn Prairies.

How do you guys get to copy in blue the original question and than answer underneath?

Just click on the "Quote" button of the post you want to answer to..... bottom right - it will bring up the original guote and you can add to it.

What is the best way to book the embassy direct from their website as I am not comfortable with priceline. Would you stay here for all four nights prior to the cruise.

How does one book the water taxi.

Thanks

What are some hotels that are mid range price and clean and safe. What area should we be looking at to stay when doing the search. Port & airport or beach area. Better to book direct with hotel or websites. (hotwire and bookit, etc) Any suggestions so I can overcome this part of our planning and move on to excursions.

Thank you to all who take time to share their expertise. Perhaps one day I can give back some knowledge, too.

Dar

What are some hotels that are mid range price and clean and safe. What area should we be looking at to stay when doing the search. Port & airport or beach area. Better to book direct with hotel or websites. (hotwire and bookit, etc) Any suggestions so I can overcome this part of our planning and move on to excursions.

Thank you to all who take time to share their expertise. Perhaps one day I can give back some knowledge, too.

Dar

Mid-range hotels are in the airport area. Look at hotels on Stirling Rd just east of I95. There are discount stores and fast food and inexpensive chain restaurants there in Oakwood Plaza. There is a movie theatre there too. It's a very large plaza so expect to walk quite far. Personally I wouldn't stay there for more than a night or 2 without a car, as there is nothing else there.

B Ocean and Gallery One are between the ocean and a nice mall, Galleria. There is a CVS, Publix grocery, and nice Starbucks across the street from Gallery One. This is a very nice area that serves upper income residents. Gallery One has its own water taxi stop. They have suites that could hold 4 people.

How do I find these suites and what area is this in? It sounds nice for a least some of the nights and do we need a car rental. The first night we come in at midnight so to drive at that time would be a big no no. Perhaps look for car rental next day in that area.

Thank you

What is the best way to book the embassy direct from their website as I am not comfortable with priceline. Would you stay here for all four nights prior to the cruise.

How does one book the water taxi.

Thanks

Google the Embassy Suites - 17th St. Fort Lauderdale. Call them directly with the number you find.

They are pricey, in my opinion. We spent $200 per night, and were there for 2 nights. But we got a suite, with 2 rooms. Two queen beds in the bedroom, and a pull-out sofa in the front room. My teen daughters prefer this, as they dislike sharing a bed. We had 3 people who ate breakfast each day, and I enjoyed the cocktail hour each evening. It is very close to Publix and Total Wine - easy walking distance.

For the water taxi, you just show up and pay. It was about 1/4 mile walk. $20?? per person for the day.

Archived