swimsuits, how many?

boxermom73

One for each day. Being caught wearing the same one twice is a fashion faux pas. :p J/K. I have read at least 2 so you can alternate and give the other one a day to dry. I am planning on brinking a bikini, a tankini, and a one piece on my 4 day. So I can just go with my mood for the day.

I was planning on 3 for a 12 day cruise. A couple prettier ones for the pool, and a good, secure one for the ocean and any excursions we might do.

I agree with the good, secure one for excurions. Bikini's are great for lounging around the pool, but not so great for jumping/diving into the ocean, or water parks. I have seen so many swimsuit "malfunctions" at water parks. Bikini tops don't stay in place while going down that really high super slide on your back! LOL.

It depends on where you're going!

For Caribbean cruises, I take a swimsuit for everyday. Partly because I have enough cute swimsuits and want to wear them all, and also so I don't have to worry about cleaning them (I always end up with very sandy swimsuits after beach days).

For 16 nights I am taking.....3-4 jolly but 'working' swim suits, 1 lounging by the pool swimsuit, 3 tankini suits that mix and match, and 1 bikini for if I get brave!

I am also taking one of those long sleeve tight fitting UV protection t-shirts for snorkling and will probably get a couple of pairs of tank shorts to co-ordinate with the tankinis.

I am starting to think tankinis are the way to go because you can change out of them easier at the beach (change up the wet bottom, it feels so nasty, but let the top dry on your body to keep cool).

cheers, h.

I'd bring at least 2...if I had more, I'd bring 3....you don't want different tan lines! You do NOT need a different suit for each day!

I swim, rinse off in the outdoor shower...let the suit dry on me a bit...and you don't need to wash them out every time.

I guess demographics and geographics are important to mention.

I said I bring one for everyday, but it's important to note that I am 20 years old, live in the south on the lake, and practically live in a bathing suit during the summer.

My mother (50, same geographic region) usually brings less than one for everyday. It's still more than 2, though - I'd guess her at around 5 swimsuits.

Ladies who don't own many swimsuits, make sure that you do a "see-through check" periodically. Swimsuit fabric (even expensive swimsuits) are known to stretch and fade, giving it a see-through effect which is most noticeable over your butt crack. If you've worn the same swimsuit multiple times, go out in the sun, get your swimsuit wet, and have someone close to you tell you if they see anything you don't want visible. I've noticed this in many middle-age to older women who have probably owned the swimsuit for years.

I guess demographics and geographics are important to mention.

I said I bring one for everyday, but it's important to note that I am 20 years old, live in the south on the lake, and practically live in a bathing suit during the summer.

My mother (50, same geographic region) usually brings less than one for everyday. It's still more than 2, though - I'd guess her at around 5 swimsuits.

Ladies who don't own many swimsuits, make sure that you do a "see-through check" periodically. Swimsuit fabric (even expensive swimsuits) are known to stretch and fade, giving it a see-through effect which is most noticeable over your butt crack. If you've worn the same swimsuit multiple times, go out in the sun, get your swimsuit wet, and have someone close to you tell you if they see anything you don't want visible. I've noticed this in many middle-age to older women who have probably owned the swimsuit for years.

Yep... demographics and geographics play a part. Plus, of course, personal preference. We have a pool, so I have many swimsuits. Plus, we vacation at the beach all summer! I've had one suit go all see thru...thank goodness it was right out back by the pool. The scoopneck part looked really stretched. Good tip!

I only *own* 2 that fit~! One of the burdens of having a 32FF:( there is just no way that I can bring myself to pay $100+ for a swimsuit!!

Just curious - have you tried bravissimo.com? They have swimsuits for larger cup sizes for around $60-75, and you can get them for less during sales. Still on the expensive side, but not quite as bad as $100+.

As a 32DD, I order all of my bras from there. Luckily, I can usually get an XL bikini top and then cut the strings so they aren't so long on me. I do have an underwire swimsuit from there, though, and it is great quality.

I swim laps twice a week (indoors!) and I see this probably once a week, on a different person each time! The polyester ones don't do this; but they are more "workout" styling and less fashion-oriented than the lycra ones...

Just curious - have you tried bravissimo.com? They have swimsuits for larger cup sizes for around $60-75, and you can get them for less during sales. Still on the expensive side, but not quite as bad as $100+.

As a 32DD, I order all of my bras from there. Luckily, I can usually get an XL bikini top and then cut the strings so they aren't so long on me. I do have an underwire swimsuit from there, though, and it is great quality.

I have looked at every online bathing suit shop~ my problem is I'm a natural 32FF so I have a really really hard time finding tops that fit~when I go bra shopping I can try on 12 32FFs and only 1 will fit properly~ so there is no way that I can order tops online as it most likely won't fit~ there are 3 stores in my area that I can go to but again the tops alone run about $75 and up~ then the bottoms are another $60+~!

Archived