Port Canaveral

Ditto on the 10:30 to 11:00. Sometimes boarding is delayed (due to customs, or

various problems with departing pax) but usually can board around 11:30. Has

been as late as 1:00 pm...but that is rare.

Your cabin is ready at 1 pm.

Luggage gets to your room an hour to several hours after that....sometimes

you have to go to the "naughty room" to collect. :eek:

This time I had to claim my bag due to.....gasp!! Wire hangers in with my clothes!! :eek: ;)

Sheez....

Yeah, they finally let me take my nefarious hangers back to the cabin with me. :rolleyes:

I will be at Port Canaveral around 10:30 am in April. Seemed to work ok back in May 2010. We had a short wait outside before they would let us in but I would rather be sitting at the Port looking at the ship then bored out of my mind at the hotel room chomping at the bits to leave.

Met some very nice people that had just disembarked and was waiting on transportation and they were able to share some things with us about their cruise experience and the ports of call.

are you serious ... for hangars. I am planning on bring a bottle with me and playing stupid if i get caught. I will have hangars in there too so gues they will get me for two things. Where is the naughty room and did you see how they handled people who had booze? Did it delay your luggage that long?

are you serious ... for hangars. I am planning on bring a bottle with me and playing stupid if i get caught. I will have hangars in there too so gues they will get me for two things. Where is the naughty room and did you see how they handled people who had booze? Did it delay your luggage that long?

You might want to bring plastic hangers instead of metal. There's less of a chance of your bottle being found if they don't see the wire hangers first.

I didn't know that wire hangers were no allowed. We've taken them on many cruises, even recent ones. We put them in the outside zipper area of the suitcase so that they can easily be looked at closely.

Our carry on was search recently at Port Canaveral because there was a "mass of medal" showing up on the scanner. Turned out that the gold jewelry and silver jewelry were in two boxes placed on top of each other. They couldn't identify the individual pieces inside. They didn't flinch at the ski lock (long wire with built on lock) that is usual looked at by TSA.

We are usually walking to the terminal door at 10:30 (most recent times were twice in December and once in January).

Forgive my ignorance, but what is the issue with hangars? I planned on ke

eping several items on hangArs in the bags from cleaners but d

on't really want to get called out for that

Apparently nothing is wrong with wire hangers. That's all we use and no one has ever questioned it including last week on the Freedom.:rolleyes:

Yes...wire hangers. That was a first for me as I always bring extra on every cruise.

I figured out what happened when my small suitcase arrived, but it's big brother that

had only clothes and those hangers in it did not after 3 hours. So rather than waiting for "that call" from security or customer service that my bag had been flagged, I went straight down to the "naughty room" we call it, which is the security check on deck 2 on the Jewel at the bottom of the stairs.

Was already getting to be a long line, that got much..much..bigger by the time I

got up to front.

There were many pax that had booze in their luggage. One even had 4 six packs!! :eek: All booze that was in original

containers were labeled and put aside to be delivered to the "naughty person's" cabin on the last night.

I questioned them "Why on earth would you hold back my bag for obvious wire

hangers?". They shrugged and acted a bit sheepish and blamed the guys on shore

for pulling it out for holding, then let me take the bag without even opening it.

Next time I am bringing plastic hangers. :rolleyes: :(

I didn't know that wire hangers were no allowed. We've taken them on many cruises, even recent ones. We put them in the outside zipper area of the suitcase so that they can easily be looked at closely.

Our carry on was search recently at Port Canaveral because there was a "mass of medal" showing up on the scanner. Turned out that the gold jewelry and silver jewelry were in two boxes placed on top of each other. They couldn't identify the individual pieces inside. They didn't flinch at the ski lock (long wire with built on lock) that is usual looked at by TSA.

We are usually walking to the terminal door at 10:30 (most recent times were twice in December and once in January).

Hi Gil...you sure it was not that little bottle of rum that flagged your bag?? LOL!! :D :D

Yeah, it was me that posted about the wire hangers. I take them on every cruise,

and was a first for me that they flagged it. It was quite obvious it was a mistake

on their part. They pulled up the Xray picture with me looking at it, and it was extremely

obvious what they were as I had only clothes in the rest of that bag.

I was taken away in handcuffs....:rolleyes: Not!! :D

But we all got a good laugh about it.

Forgive my ignorance, but what is the issue with hangars? I planned on ke

eping several items on hangArs in the bags from cleaners but d

on't really want to get called out for that

It was a mistake. They are allowed.

Security being a bit over the top in my case. :rolleyes: ;)

I am leaving on Sunday on the Freedom ... I like to get to the port early so I am not waiting in line for ever ... what times do people suggest getting to the pier?

Do you qualify for priority check-in? Last time through the terminal, no one seemed to be using the priority check-in entrance. It's not very well marked and while there was a long line at the main entrance, there was virtually no line at the priority check-in. We couldn't believe how quick we were through security, check-in, and then onto the ship.

Archived