Questions for recent NA cruisers

Infi

I booked our Spring Break cruise on the NA a few days ago and had some questions for any recent NA cruisers out there. We'll be sailing the Western itinerary, if that makes a difference.

1. What night was the Master Chef's dinner? If there was no MCD with all the dancing/singing, did they still serve the MCD menu?

2. Was the dining room open for lunch on port days?

3. Are the Pinnacle/Tamarind only open for lunch on sea days?

4. Did you have any issues reaching Roatan? Have been reading that this port is often missed due to high winds and a narrow channel.

5. Any comments on the evening entertainment/guest entertainers are much appreciated.

Thanks in advance, everyone.

As to question 4 we had no issue docking at Roatan on our January cruise. It was a beautiful day and we enjoyed a good hike (but steep in places) at the botanical gardens.

For evening entertainment we enjoyed the Piano Bar. It was my first time at a piano bar and I wasn't sure it would be something that I would like but it was a lot of fun. The bar was full every night with a great group of people (all ages) and the pianist Jimmy Maddox was very entertaining. The songs were for the most part older songs but I was surprised how many I could sing along with, at least partially.

I booked our Spring Break cruise on the NA a few days ago and had some questions for any recent NA cruisers out there. We'll be sailing the Western itinerary, if that makes a difference.

1. What night was the Master Chef's dinner? If there was no MCD with all the dancing/singing, did they still serve the MCD menu? The Master Chefs dinner is always the last night on all HAL ships. However, on NA, they only have the Master Chef menus, no other ceremony.

2. Was the dining room open for lunch on port days?Don't believe so, but not sure.

3. Are the Pinnacle/Tamarind only open for lunch on sea days? They are open every day for lunch, IIRC.

4. Did you have any issues reaching Roatan? No, no problem.Have been reading that this port is often missed due to high winds and a narrow channel.It is a pretty tight channel.

5. Any comments on the evening entertainment/guest entertainers are much appreciated. Cantere is excellant. Pretty standard musical productions. The visting entertainers were good, but who knows if you will get the same ones we had in Dec.[/FONT]

Thanks in advance, everyone.

See above.

Thanks, everyone, for your helpful replies, I really appreciate it. Now I feel much better about the NA's likelihood of making it to Roatan, and I also know when to make our Tamarind reservations (MCD night ;)). Thanks again.

Archived