Thlasso pool

LV2COOK

Thank you, Thom, for corroborating what I recall being told i.e. the T-pool was only available at no charge for certain classes.

Your post is very much appreciated. It becomes really tiresome to be constantly told in these forums that I am wrong about what I recall about things or incidents that I have experienced on past sailings.

Tinkerbell, the only "fee" you might have to pay for the T pool might be your bathing suit! Some say the chemicals fade the colors and one woman I met in the dressing room one day was horrified at what it had done to the elastic in her suit. Pack an old suit and enjoy! Actually, I haven't had a problem with any of my suits but it is good to be aware that it can happen. And yes, I think we paid on the Mercury. Great pool.

• 3 months later...
[To further answer the OP... the T-pool on Connie was very warm and relaxing, but unfortunately, the pool is in dire need of a fresh makeover. It is old and rusty looking (but still work fine!) Enjoy!

I hate that I must agree with you. We were just on the Connie for the fourth time and I was shocked at the condition of the T Pool . It may still be warm and wonderful to swim or relax in but I could not bring myself to sit on the very rusty lounger sides. It was and is my only complaint about that ship ( other than not keeping the 14 day cruises). I suggested on my comment card they need to replace those bars. You could really notice how discolored they are if the water was swishing a bit fom side to side from the motion of the ship.

I too must agree. We were on the Constellation for a 14 day Southern Caribbean cruise last year. The condition of the T-pool was one of my few complaints. The rust and the stains detract from the appearance of the pool. Some of the jets were not as powerful as I expected.

The T-pool on the Constellation is in the solarium before you enter into the spa. There is no charge to use the T-pool, because it is in an open, public area. The Persian Garden in the spa, IMHO, is not worth the money. Enough space wasn't available so there is a feeling of being confined in a small space. Not relaxing at all. The heated tile bench was uncomfortable.

The T-pools on the Norwegian Pearl and the Norwegian Epic were both much better. Better physical layout, better steam sauna rooms, better showers, individual whirlpools in changing rooms, and individual heated tile loungers. They were also less crowded, as access was limited to those with spa access.

The only "new" ship that I know has a T-pool is the Carnival Breeze, but I won't have first-hand knowledge until later this year.

• 3 months later...
Hi Tinkerbellcgy, just seen your question. There is no fee charged on the 'M' class ships - all adults can use it. With the 'S' class ships it is a different matter. Not every grade of cabin can use the thlasso pool for free, as far as I am aware, but some of the higher grade cabins are allowed free access.

Many posters have claimed there are no T-pools on S-class ships. Others claim there is a fee to use the T-pools on S-class ships. Anyone know for sure if there is are T-pools on S-class ships...for a fee or not?

Thank you, Thom, for corroborating what I recall being told i.e. the T-pool was only available at no charge for certain classes.

Your post is very much appreciated. It becomes really tiresome to be constantly told in these forums that I am wrong about what I recall about things or incidents that I have experienced on past sailings.

Interesting that you feel you are constantly being told you are wrong. I'm sure this will get you flaming again, but I respectfully suggest that perhaps people are misinterpreting what you are saying, or feel your posts are lacking all the information that might be needed to agree with you. Unfortunately the written word does not always make for the best communication. Perhaps people are just trying to be helpful and did not understand what you meant. Most people who post on these boards do it because they truly want to help people by sharing their experiences.

Hi Tinkerbellcgy, just seen your question. There is no fee charged on the 'M' class ships - all adults can use it. With the 'S' class ships it is a different matter. Not every grade of cabin can use the thlasso pool for free, as far as I am aware, but some of the higher grade cabins are allowed free access.

Perhaps, I am confused, but on our trips on the S class, I have never seen a T-Pool. The Solarium is available for use by all adults regardless of cabin status.

There are definitely no T-pools on S class ships. There is a similar adults only pool area, but the water is not warm and there are no jets like on T pools. There is a Persian Gardens area where the sauna and steam room are located - that is the only part with a fee.

The S-class ships may be bigger but the M-class ships have one on those bigger ships. IMHO, it is a huge mistake that T-pools were not included on the S-class ships. Was Celebrity that unaware of the popularity of the T-pools?

Many posters have claimed there are no T-pools on S-class ships. Others claim there is a fee to use the T-pools on S-class ships. Anyone know for sure if there is are T-pools on S-class ships...for a fee or not?

Hi:)...it is not a claim;) it is the truth.....The S class ships do not

have T pools. When the S class came into the fleet in Nov 2008

and Solstice arrived it was revealed at that point that these ships

would have a Solarium pool and no T pool on them.

I see this thread goes back to the beginning of the year......there

were no T pools on the S class then and none now either.

No, I am not confusing the T-pool with the Persian Garden. When I sailed the Galaxy in 2008, I seem to recall the T-pool on that ship was off-limits to certain classes of passengers. Hence, my question.

Tink - you're correct. I recall that they charged an extra fee on Galaxy for use of the t-pool. I don't know why that was the case since it seems to be free on the others--at least the others I've cruised.

Tink - you're correct. I recall that they charged an extra fee on Galaxy for use of the t-pool. I don't know why that was the case since it seems to be free on the others--at least the others I've cruised.

Hi Stranger:) back in the day, there was a charge for all 3 C class

ships.....Mercury, Galaxy and Century......

It was the M class ships that were no charge.

If it helps, I can say with a certainty:

- Whatever class the Summit is, the T-pool is one of the major reasons we book that ship!

-The Summit'sT-pool as of June was free, in excellent shape, and surrounded with new comfy furniture since the refit. :D

- Not sure about the jacuzzis, but a guesstimate would say the temp of the T=pool is about 110 degrees?

- At cruise away, yes, the pool was a madhouse, with a number of people bringing their kids in the pool. By the second day, X's security was all over enforcing the "adults" rule and patrolling on a regular basis.

Tinkerbell, the only "fee" you might have to pay for the T pool might be your bathing suit! Some say the chemicals fade the colors and one woman I met in the dressing room one day was horrified at what it had done to the elastic in her suit. Pack an old suit and enjoy! Actually, I haven't had a problem with any of my suits but it is good to be aware that it can happen. And yes, I think we paid on the Mercury. Great pool.

Also watch your silver! :eek:The chlorine will react with even the small amount of copper present in most silver jewelry. No worries however, depending on the piece, the discloration should clean off more easily than regular tarnish.

Archived