Ft. Lauderdale hotels recommendations for Carnival Valor 4/8/12 cruise??

docboy

Super excited as we just booked our Carnival Valor 4/8/12 6 night cruise.

Any recommendations for hotels? We arrive at Ft. Lauderdale Airport on 4/7/12, and looking for a hotel that night, and also for a hotel when we come back for 1 night on 4/14/12. I am currently looking at Priceline, Hotwire, and Expedia.

Do most hotels at the Ft. Lauderdale airport area offer complimentary shuttles/pickup/drop-off from and to the airport?

Any suggestions? I was thinking of offering $60/night at Priceline for an unknown 4 star hotel and then bid downwards in quality of hotels if Priceline rejects my initial offer. But then I was thinking of I get a hotel without airport complimentary shuttle and I have to book a paid shuttle (for 4 people and 1 child), I might as well have paid $100/room/night on a hotel whose name is "pre-exposed" on Expedia or Hotwire.

Ideas and tips? Thanks!

Embassy Suites is very nice...stayed there in Nov. They have a manager's reception (cocktails) in the evening and a breakfast buffet with cooked to order omelettes in the morning...all included and good. They also have a shopping center next door for any last minute purchases. Great sports bar in that center, too...food was very good. From one side of the hotel, you could see the ships in port in the morning, too!;)

They offer a shuttle, too...but not free...think it was around $9 per person. Or you could get a cab. It's about 10 minutes away.

My go to hotel in FLL is the Red Carpet Inn. It is a cheap hotel, and certainly not a Hilton. The rooms are decent, and the ones I have had seem to have some updates. It isnt in a great area, and they have truck parking in the back making it loud at times. But it is just fine for a 1 night stay. It offers complimentary airport, and cruiseport shuttle. We usually pay 49.99 for the room sun-thurs. I am not sure if I would pay more then that, unless it was a weekend.

We usually arrive late, so it is just a nights rest.

We (5 of us) stayed at Hyatt Place Airport North for one night before cruise in Jan 2012. They have complimentary airport pickup and breakfast but $7 each for cruise port transfer. They have shopping places across the street for last minute shopping for soda, water, wine etc and some restaurants in walking distance. It's OK for one night but when we're there, the laundry room was out of order. I paid for $83 (including tax) from Hotwire, so I shouldn't complain too much.

Checkout this link for FT Lauderdale hotel thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1569460

Its not super nice, and nothing is near there, but the Red Carpet (next door to Rodeway which is equal to me) has a free airport and a free port shuttle. Both free and friendly. The price is right.

But you have to eat on the premises 'cause nothing but boats around the two hotels. Though the food is good at both.

I got it thru lastminutetravel as a blind hotel, but I knew it was Red Carpet because you can click on the pictures and match them up.

Just FYI, Bahia Mar is on the beach. Beach hotels offer a lot more in terms of activities and restaurants nearby, but you won't have a shuttle, and the hotels will cost more. I've stayed at the Marriott Beach Place Towers, Marriott Courtyard on the Beach, B Ocean. I'd stay at any of these hotels again, but you're looking at $150+ a night.

I only paid $37 for Red Carpet btw thru lastminute .. so it was completely worth the free airport and free port shuttle to me. The room was big and lots of flowers but white tile easy to track up with dirt from outside where the gardens were in front of my room.

This was the weekend after Thanksgiving, so getting into season in S. Florida.

We always stay at Embassy Suites. Nice place, great pool, good breakfast,and great location. We make it a point to go to Gilbert's in the shopping center behind the hotel. It is a family owned place with the best burgers I have ever had. The owners are very friendly and passionate about their place and it shows.

Super excited as we just booked our Carnival Valor 4/8/12 6 night cruise.

Any recommendations for hotels? We arrive at Ft. Lauderdale Airport on 4/7/12, and looking for a hotel that night, and also for a hotel when we come back for 1 night on 4/14/12. I am currently looking at Priceline, Hotwire, and Expedia.

Do most hotels at the Ft. Lauderdale airport area offer complimentary shuttles/pickup/drop-off from and to the airport?

Any suggestions? I was thinking of offering $60/night at Priceline for an unknown 4 star hotel and then bid downwards in quality of hotels if Priceline rejects my initial offer. But then I was thinking of I get a hotel without airport complimentary shuttle and I have to book a paid shuttle (for 4 people and 1 child), I might as well have paid $100/room/night on a hotel whose name is "pre-exposed" on Expedia or Hotwire.

Ideas and tips? Thanks!

we just stayed at the Hyatt Place on 10th Ave across from Embassy Suites.

Very nice hotel. Had to bid $110 to get it though.

Is your plane getting in late? Is that the reason you are staying in FLL the night before?

How are you getting to Miami? I would check http://www.ridesas.com if you need a shuttle to take you. For your family, since there are 4 or more it's $13 each, one way.

Bill

Archived