Tote bag in cabins?

vickykay

Hi. We typically cruise on Celebrity and are given a small tote bag in the room - we use this in addition to our own to carry towels, etc, on port days. We will be on the FOS in a few weeks and wondering if RC also provides a bag.

Thanks. Vicky

I like the bag the beer comes in.... :D

On sea days I'll take a back pack with me. Can pretty much fit whatever we'll need during the day. Plus on the longer walks on the ship it's easier to manage.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 39august

Yes. A large plastic tote will be in your closet. If not, ask you cabin steward for one.

I usually find them on one of the hooks just inside the door.

So THAT'S what those were. I thought they were for laundry services. I used my own old canvas backpack for shore fun.

In any event, I won a really nice RCI tote bag playing trivia. Dark blue canvas with faux leather handles & trim, zippers and pockets. I can see why they don't give THOSE away - must cost a couple $.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 39august

Yes. A large plastic tote will be in your closet. If not, ask you cabin steward for one.

So THAT'S what those were. I thought they were for laundry services. I used my own old canvas backpack for shore fun.

They ARE for laundry; they are usually on a hanger or hook in the closet along with the laundry/dry cleaning request form. I guess you can use them to carry stuff to the pool, although I don't recall seeing (m)any people doing that.

To answer the OP's question though, no, RC no longer gives guests a (real) tote bag. Or hat. Or picture frame. Or anything else they used to routinely give as a C&A gift. Only D+ and Pinnacles get a gift now.

The correct answer is NO, RCCL does not supply Tote Bags in your cabin. If you want to roam around ports with your towel in a dirty clothes plastic bag that says Royal on it, I guess you could.:o

Other options:

1. Bring one from home.

2. Buy one on the ship in the gift shop or at any of the ports you stop at.

3. Do what I do, order everything you need ahead of time from Gifts and Gear, that way there WILL BE a tote bag waiting for you in your cabin; however you paid for it.;)

Archived