HAL vs Princess

pakarinen

I think this sums it up very well. Personally, I prefer HAL's Lido to Princess' even with the lesser hours. Who can argue with 6 kinds of eggs benedict and fresh squeezed oj:D

Jacqui, you missed one! :) Actually, there are 7 kinds of eggs benedict! ;) You submit your list & I'll submit mine!

We would very much like to try Princess, however we usually book inside cabins and so far the cabins I have checked out the cruises we were interested are smaller than Hal. so we have stayed with Hal. I need something larger than 154 sq. ft.

We would very much like to try Princess, however we usually book inside cabins and so far the cabins I have checked out the cruises we were interested are smaller than Hal. so we have stayed with Hal. I need something larger than 154 sq. ft.

Have done insides on 3 Princess ships: I missed the couch which I enjoy on the R and S class HAL ships.. didn't have a couch on Oosterdam so I missed it then too. Princess had refrigerators in their insides which HAL does not.

One other difference I meant to mention: For those with mobility assistance devices, note that HAL does not clog up the hallways with housekeeping carts! The Princess hallways were difficult for folks with wheelchairs, scooters or walkers during the hours when the room stewards were working.

m--

PS DH and I enjoyed a few evenings at Movies Under the Stars during our trans Atlantic on Ruby Princess. We had warm blankets (actually hot right from the dryers) and fresh popcorn, big comfy fresh pads on the loungers and good movies. During the day it was often showing nature films that weren't blaring and were very interesting. Often the osund for these was off, just showing the video. It isn't a deal breaker for us either with or without, but I enjoyed it very much the one time we encountered it.

Also, Diamond and Ruby Princess have a covered pool and an open unroofed pool.

Yes, IMO they are large ships and it's a long walk from one end to the other. Helps make up for that extra dessert I couldn't resist!

Forgot about how horrible the beds were on Princess. Holland's were great.

Lots of Holland folks don't like the 'movie under the stars' that Princess has, but we did miss that on our Holland cruise. Not a biggie, but we enjoyed that.

Loved the Crows Nest on the Noordam. Those reclining chairs up there are at a premium.

Princess had refrigerators in their insides which HAL does not.

Just to be clear, here---

HAL does not have a fridge in inside cabins on the 4 S-, and 4 R-class ships.

There is a fridge in inside cabins on the 4-Vista, and 2-Signature ships, plus the Prinsendam.

Archived