International Cafe

Britiscruizin

If you'll be on the Emerald, you MUST try the Gianduja chocolate pudding, although pudding is not a strong enough word. It's like eating fudge in a bowl. I am not even a chocolate fan, but I was addicted to that stuff. It's not every day, and when it's offered it's displayed in one of the tall, round glass cases.

I agree...it is fantastic!

Many people don't know that it exists (along with Pistachio Cream) because of it being in those tall round cases.

Do any of the ships still have the chocolate fondue? I had it on Crown several years ago and couldn't wait to have it again and it was gone the next time we sailed on her. There was an up charge of $3 or $5 and worth every penny!!:D

Do any of the ships still have the chocolate fondue? I had it on Crown several years ago and couldn't wait to have it again and it was gone the next time we sailed on her. There was an up charge of $3 or $5 and worth every penny!!:D

Have not seen it for a while....it was one of those IC items that disappeared with the candy apples, choc covered berries, etc.

Have not seen it for a while....it was one of those IC items that disappeared with the candy apples, choc covered berries, etc.

Yup, those pay items that used to be at the International Cafe are now all gone, other than the gelato. I guess the mix of pay and complimentary was confusing to some passengers.

I love good doughnuts and the ones in the photo looked good. Unfortunately I'm a late sleeper and wonder how late in the morning I can go down to the IC and still find the doughnuts.
It seems like they start switching the breakfast items over to lunch between 11 and 11:30am.

(BTW - the doughnuts are just as good as they look in the photo!)

If you'll be on the Emerald, you MUST try the Gianduja chocolate pudding, although pudding is not a strong enough word. It's like eating fudge in a bowl. I am not even a chocolate fan, but I was addicted to that stuff. It's not every day, and when it's offered it's displayed in one of the tall, round glass cases.

Oh my, this was heavenly! Discovered it last year on the Emerald, and had it EVERY DAY after that. OK, sometimes I had it twice a day... This is the #1 food I'm looking forward to on our upcoming Caribbean cruise in April. :D

My mom and I are sailing on the Sapphire in May--really loved those photos of the food at the IC. I am still a bit unclear about one thing, though. If you just want regular brewed coffee, is that free? Or do all coffees cost money?

My mom and I are sailing on the Sapphire in May--really loved those photos of the food at the IC. I am still a bit unclear about one thing, though. If you just want regular brewed coffee, is that free? Or do all coffees cost money?

There is a charge for regular brewed coffee.

There is no charge for the coffee made from a syrup that is served in the buffet, the dining rooms, and by room service. Some people like this coffee, some hate it. Some say it tastes better in the dining rooms than in the buffet.

Thank you! I've managed OK so far with dining room cruise ship coffee--enough milk and sugar covers an array of sins : ). Bit of a shame that there's all that tasty-looking food in the IC and nothing free to wash it down with.

During the day in IC you can get water (free)

at the lobby bar for your food. Coffee costs.

After eleven or midnight when the Horizen

closes then the coffee and tea is free from

the lobby bar. In Oct. on Golden it was the

brewed coffee.

Thank you! I've managed OK so far with dining room cruise ship coffee--enough milk and sugar covers an array of sins : ). Bit of a shame that there's all that tasty-looking food in the IC and nothing free to wash it down with.

The good news is that the "tasty-looking food" is free!!!:D

To me the Princess gelato is not like in Italy but is still good 'ice cream' & a worthwhile treat even with having the same daily choices. This was my experience on the Crown so others may have different experiences.

Also on the Crown whenever I ate at the IC the choices of sandwiches & salads were the same unlike the variety experienced on other ships. Hopefully this lack of variety was just when I went there & won't become the norm on all ships. I missed having a Reuben sandwich which I've enjoyed on other ships.

The IC is still our favorite spot for a quick bite to eat but also looking forward to Alfredo's Pizzeria on the Sapphire in a couple of weeks even though it won't be as quick as the IC.

Your right but its still good. MSC cruiselinde serves the authentic Italian gelato.

Archived