Help with my ES fare...

helicopter

CCL website now has my rate lower on the Fun Saver Fare where they pick cabin and location, can I get ES price reduction on this rate:confused: or is that one of those where it doesn't apply. Also, if I go to the Booking Engine (Past Guest) is much lower, but it's upgrade from 4F to 4H so would that help me? I got the Fun Saver Fare but doing fake booking.:eek: I'm thinking they turned me down once on the last (PG fare) because they said he was upgrade (can't remember).

We are ES and just got an OBC based on a resident discount on a travel website ... so long as you are looking at the same ship, sail date, stateroom category and number of guests, you should be good to submit a claim and should see a credit issued....good luck!

CCL website now has my rate lower on the Fun Saver Fare where they pick cabin and location, can I get ES price reduction on this rate:confused: or is that one of those where it doesn't apply. Also, if I go to the Booking Engine (Past Guest) is much lower, but it's upgrade from 4F to 4H so would that help me? I got the Fun Saver Fare but doing fake booking.:eek: I'm thinking they turned me down once on the last (PG fare) because they said he was upgrade (can't remember).

I guess I'm a little confused because you start off saying you booked ES, but then say that you got the FS fare.

Essentially, if you are booked ES, then you can switch to FS, but you have to give up the room you booked I believe. Also, just a tip about the Booking Engine, that DOES NOT include tax and port charges. So what you see there is just the base cruise fare. Keep that in mind.

If all else fails, call your TA or Carnival. They should be able to tell you whether you qualify for money back, OBC and/or an upgrade.

Happy sailing! :)

Its a guarantee .. so its a lower category. You cant price match to a lower category usually .. but some times if you are willing to give up your cabin and take your chances lately .. carnival has thrown in the towel on their own rules and been allowing you to downgrade.

Also, you should be able to price match on past guest if its to your category and lower.. I would have replied if they turned me down and the price was lower.

I can see how Fun Saver might not help me since it's basically a gty (they pick everything. But, the PG rate on the booking engine throws me since it is an upgrade rate from 4H to 4G (inside rooms belongs to kids). I can this upgrade rate on the Fare Booking Engine (upgrade one) but not on CCL website with a mock booking:confused: It is for the Magic on June 3rd 2012. 4H

Sorry, I'm booked ES, one of the lower rates is Fare Saver.

Right .. fun select you can price match to because you can price match to your category.

Fun Saver is NOT your category .. its a downgrade, but you might be allowed to give up your selected cabin and downgrade, even though its against the stated rules, not your category and no downgrading, so its against two of the ES rules to price match to.

I can see how Fun Saver might not help me since it's basically a gty (they pick everything. But, the PG rate on the booking engine throws me since it is an upgrade rate from 4H to 4G (inside rooms belongs to kids). I can this upgrade rate on the Fare Booking Engine (upgrade one) but not on CCL website with a mock booking:confused: It is for the Magic on June 3rd 2012. 4H

I would argue the past guest too if you are indeed seeing a price with a upgrade to your category that is lower.

reply to the email and state your case. Ive done it and won every time they denied me.

I "think", and I could be very wrong, but I think if a higher category is less than your lower category, you could get OBC...

Just do the form and see what they say.

Only a good idea if you understand they might also move you to that category, as you are supposed to price match to a category you are in. If you want the upgrade .. great go for it, but not if you have a cabin you dont want to give up.

I went ahead and sent in the form for the PG rate...since it is an upgrade from 4F I don't know if I will get it, but I feel like I should. If someone can book a 4H at that price the fact that it was an upgrade from 4F should not go against me, but who knows. Wait and see:eek: Do not want to switch rooms since grandkids and kids are in rooms across from our balcony.

Archived