Chilled Soups

On our last cruise they offered a chilled soup every night in the MDR. Are they still doing that? DD tried them all and I remember one of them was judged to be even better than the strawberry bisque (mango-something, I think). She's already looking forward to them on this upcoming cruise.

On occasion I have saved the chilled fruit soup as a dessert. Yummy.

I sometimes order them as dessert on a cruise. I order it while they are taking appetizer orders so they can pick it up with the rest of the appetizers and hold it for me until dessert time.

I loved the strawberry bisque, but the apple soup was one of the grossest things I've ever eaten. I like all things apple, but this was horrible.

The great thing about a cruise is you can order something else, no extra charge. (Well, except the Chop's $14.95 steak).

Do these soups contain alcohol such as in the Pina Colada? Even if they don't contain alcohol I would rather get the chilled fruit soups over the sodas. Sounds quite refreshing and different.

No alcohol in the MDR soups ... since they are serving them to minors too.

Has anyone tried ordering something other than the soup of the day? When they're pushing apple, can you ask for strawberry? Seems like they should have a back up.

I'll second the vote for strawberry bisque! It is my absolute favorite. In fact, I ask the waiter to pour it into a glass - I drink it like a smoothie :)

I agree, not crazy about the apple, but all of the others are wonderful! Does anyone remember what night the strawberry bisque is served?

Thanks!

I always have the chilled soups(except the apple). They are my favorite part of dinner. Made me feel like I was starting my meal with something healthy until I found out that most are made with heavy cream. Oh well, I still love them.

and SUGAR! :eek:

Archived