Cellar Masters and Drink Package ??

number8

Hi, we had the premium drink package while on the Eclipse. You can get drinks in Cellar Masters with the drinks package up to $8 or $12 depending on the package. However, you will not be able to use the machines in there unless you pay seperately.

We loved Cellar Masters and spend many nice evenings in there.

The machines are more of a way to let them get more wine out quicker, or when the som has stepped out.

We loved cellar masters too. Last year we werent on a drink package and still went there a lot for the flights.

This cruise we will be on a drink package, just means our flights will be all larger glasses.

At Cellarmasters, they have a wine by the glass list. DH had a port that was over the $12 package price and they just gave it to him anyway. He was quite happy with that.

Now you are allowed to get drinks that cost more than $12, but they charge you the difference.

Thanks for the info. So if you cant use your sea pass card, what card do you use to get the wine out of the automatic servers??

HI NUMBER8,

Cellar Masters sells a separate card for the Enomatics...

Sorry, I don't know the current pricing or exactly how it works... (reloadable ?) Maybe someone else who has used it can tell you more.

In our case, we were quite content with the Premium Bevvy Package... so we went with that... as noted, with it you can get anything by the glass or pour on the ship up to $ 12 (after $ 12 you pay the difference... so a $ 15 glass of REAL Champagne costs you an EXTRA $ 3 on your Ship Account... Plus respective tip of 15%)

Hope this is helpful,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Just back from the Eclipse and enjoyed Cellarmasters very much. We had premium alcohol package and that covered wines by the glass up to $12. Nice selection. I also put $20 on an Enomatic card which allows you to sample a variety of different wines. You can select a taste, a half-glass or a full glass and you use your card until it is gone, but can reload it if you want. This allowed me to get just a taste of some very expensive wines that I would normally never buy myself.

Thanks for the info. So if you cant use your sea pass card, what card do you use to get the wine out of the automatic servers??

On the Constellation last year the enomatic machines just took a regular seapass card. Perhaps this depends on the ship with the newer machines taking the seapass cards?

In any event, we did notice that on the Connie the machines were not that busy, to say the least. We decided to give them a try early in the cruise and had a taste of an expensive chardonnay we'd had by the bottle the night before in Tuscan Grill. Bottom line - the wine from the enomatic machines was awful! It tasted very stale in comparison to the fresh bottle we had the night before. After that we lost all interest in the machines.

I thought they no longer let you pay the difference?

Greetings

On the Classic package you cannot pay the difference. If you go over the $8 limit you are charged full price of the drink. On the Premium package, you only pay the difference if it is over $12. If you like the top shelf liquors and the better wines and ports, the Premium is the way to go.

Good Sailing

Tom

I just got off the Summit yesterday. I did not have any alcoholic package and used my SeaPass card every night in the machine to get my "pre-dinner" glass of wine. It was very easy. It just charges your account like any other bar. The only problem is no receipt is given so you just have to watch your account online.

I just got off the Summit yesterday. I did not have any alcoholic package and used my SeaPass card every night in the machine to get my "pre-dinner" glass of wine. It was very easy. It just charges your account like any other bar. The only problem is no receipt is given so you just have to watch your account online.

Hi,

How did you enjoy Summit? Did they serve tapas in Cellarmasters?

The machines are more of a way to let them get more wine out quicker, or when the som has stepped out.

We loved cellar masters too. Last year we werent on a drink package and still went there a lot for the flights.

This cruise we will be on a drink package, just means our flights will be all larger glasses.

We purchased one of those cards that you use in the wine machines at cellar masters on Infinity. It was more a pain in the butt since "the system" was down a lot and the card not usable.

We did enjoy cellar masters, including our conversations with the sommelier.

We enjoyed are Summit cruise in many ways, but it also disappointed in some as well. The main areas of disappointment for me, as well as my husband and the other couple with us, was the food...both options and quality. We are Elite Captains Club members so we have cruised many times with Celebrity. We felt that the food quality as well as options have gone down. We do recognize that this is a subjective issue and others on our sailing may not agree with us. We chose not to eat in the specialty restaurants so our comments are more directed at the main dining room. Many of the items we remembered fondly were no longer available or not as often...chilled fruit soups, Celebrity salad dressing, lobster, etc. Don't get me wrong...I still managed to gain a pound or two so I didn't starve...but I don't remember ever leaving a meal with that "stuffed" feeling. Service was exceptional from all the staff we encountered.

I can't really comment about tapas in Cellar Masters because we didn't spend time there...just stopped to get our glass before dinner and then meet friends in another location.

Sorry to ramble so much...you probably didn't need/want that much detail!

Soccer Mom

the wine from the enomatic machines was awful! It tasted very stale in comparison to the fresh bottle we had the night before. After that we lost all interest in the machines.

I was so convinced that the machines were not being used that I took a picture of a couple of the cabinets.

After a week, although they had changed one of the bottles for a different wine, the others all had exactly the same in them!

My advice, order from the Sommelier.

And nothing I could find one the celebrity site says that you can pay the difference with the premium package. In fact the FAQ specifically says you cannot, but doesn't mention classic or premium.

So you are probably best asking if you will be charged the difference ibefore you order the 24 dollar glass thinking it will only be 12

Sailed on the Constellation back in January of this year. Early in the Cruise they sell a card for a $100 that gives you $115 worth of purchases from the machines. Was able to taste some nice wines. Once it gave me a short draw but SOM gave me a Credit for the full glass so I ended up with a short pull free.

I had a Wine Package for MDR, but not a Drink Package. Will try out the Premium package on the Silho in April and Wine Cellars will be on my "hot spot" list for sure.

They were having issues with the machines last month in regards to the use of your Sea Pass. SOM said they were working on it. Good old Software problems ya know.

I understand that it would still not be covered under Drink Package programs. Can order what you want from Bar there though.

Edited by dennbr9

we purchased a card there - had them put $100 on it the first day - should have put more - they offer a bonus for purchasing the first day - chk wi your sommelier - the bonus is usually quite good - I think it was a percentage, so ours turned out to be $30 more than we paid - this was on silhouette - when we were on equinox we used our ships pass - but they may have changed that too -- the somellier will help you figure it out on your ship -- it's a great way to try different wines, as noted, from a sip to a full glass -- but you can also get wines from their wine list thru the somellier - and they are actually cheaper - so use the enomatic to explore, and for a "glass of wine" you'd get a better drink thru the somellier. not all wines would be available, but you can explore a bit. as for the wine cards - haven't used them, since we usually drink a bottle at a time and like to try different wines that aren't usually on the wine card or by the glass list, altho those are getting better, so I may try one on my next cruise.

I was so convinced that the machines were not being used that I took a picture of a couple of the cabinets.

After a week, although they had changed one of the bottles for a different wine, the others all had exactly the same in them!

My advice, order from the Sommelier.

not on our cruise - regularly saw sommelier changing out bottles from the enomatic machines - be nice to him/her and they are likely to give you the last pour which is usually half a glass or so - hubby and I both scored free half glasses of Caymus special select cab - which is a 35 dollar glass of wine! Which also means, of course, that at least two bottles of that particular very pricey wine was consumed during our one week cruise.

• 4 years later...

The machines referenced on this thread have been removed. I suggest if you have a specific question you start a new thread as much of what is on here is outdated & could confuse someone who doesn't notice this was a discussion from 4 years ago.

We had premium drinks package on Silhouette June 2016 in Baltic. Cellar masters is a lovely area. Service is slow but if not in a rush I would choose it as a place to chill anytime.

Forget about the self service machines. They are not included in package. I have never seen anyone use one!