Riviera Deck Cabin Noise Question

cruisedad2

I think it may depend on where the cabin is located. We had a midship cabin on the Aloha deck on the Star Princess a couple of years ago. The cabin was directly under the pool deck (Lido), and we were awakened every morning at 6am by the sound of lounge chairs being dragged and set out for the day. But, other people on CC have had cabins under the Lido deck and claim not to have been bothered by the noise. I guess it may just depend on whether or not you're a light sleeper. For us, we will never book another cabin under the pool areas.

Hi. We are considering a cabin on Riviera Deck...either a suite or balcony. I wondered if the noise from pedestrian traffic above on the pool deck was at all distracting in the stateroom. Thanks!

We had R334 on the CB. We got it on a guarantee. That cured us from ever going with a guarantee every again. It was so noisy from lounge chairs being moved around at about 5am followed by running and assorted noises day and night. Hated it. No matter where it was located, I would never take a cabin below or above a passenger deck.

Hi. We are considering a cabin on Riviera Deck...either a suite or balcony. I wondered if the noise from pedestrian traffic above on the pool deck was at all distracting in the stateroom. Thanks!

We had R629 on the Crown over NYE...never noticed any noises from above, but then again, Horizon Court was above us...I guess it just depends on where you pick your cabin...the one we had was a guarantee...and we loved it

We have stayed several times on Riviera Deck, in the R700's. We loved these cabins. Caribe Cafe is above and we never heard any noise from above. There is a door at the back of Riviera Deck out to the Terrace Pool; you are only one deck below the Horizon court. We think its a great location.

We had R334 on the CB. We got it on a guarantee. That cured us from ever going with a guarantee every again. It was so noisy from lounge chairs being moved around at about 5am followed by running and assorted noises day and night. Hated it. No matter where it was located, I would never take a cabin below or above a passenger deck.

We were in R333 and it wasn't just at 5 AM -- although, know what you mean -- it was all night long with hard heel footsteps over our heads all night. OMG -- talk about a cure for guarantee cabins. I have never been placed in a good one when it is a guarantee. Upgrade they say.....yeah, right! Actually almost cured me of my cruise addiction -- but alas, I found that choosing my room carefully (reading the CC posts), I am off the wagon and booking, booking, booking. hahaha

Archived