Sharing Photos

I_heart_vaca

What is the best way to share photos? I always take a lot on vacation and post them on Facebook and other places with family and friends. However, I don't have an iPad or iPhone or even an international data plan, so is there anyway to upload as you go or is it best to wait till after and post them all at once.

Thanks for all ideas and experiences:D

For travelling, and because I love taking photos, I bought a really cheap net book, so that I can download my photos daily (so they are all set in date order), and when I was travelling, I would use internet cafe's. For my next cruise, I will pre-selecting photos and downloading them onto a memory stick, so that when I'm in a cafe, I can have them upload straight away, while I'm checking emails. Saves alot of time that way.

Kylie

Picture size are huge, even downsampled to 648x480 make for slow going on ship internet!

I always just save them on the card, backup daily on laptop and share on web site when I get home.

Many more public sites like shutterfly, picasa, flickr and paid sites like smugmug are there.

FWIW share the good ones, I can never figure out when I go see some peoples flickr I see hundreds of pictures some interesting and some that well how shoudl I say a waste of memory even if they are free :D

I use Photobucket to load all my photos. On a week cruise I will take about 1200 photos so not to use up our time I wait until I get home to down load then I can take the time to sort out the best ones

Legend361.jpg

P7100313.jpg

CopyofIMG_4010.jpg

We took my MIL with us, first time she left the United States and wanted to document it for other relatives back home. Between her, my daughter, sister and myself, we took over 1000 pictures! After getting home, I downloaded everyone's memory cards to the computer, used the best ones and made a DVD slideshow, with music, titles and captions. I have made several copies for family members that asked for it. I still chuckle about how excited BIL and SIL were that mom got to go on a once in a lifetime trip (they asked for copies). MIL doesn't have a computer, but she can still watch her vacation on her DVD player and relive the trip. I try to stay unplugged while actually on the trip, so pictures wait until I'm home.

We took my MIL with us, first time she left the United States and wanted to document it for other relatives back home. Between her, my daughter, sister and myself, we took over 1000 pictures! After getting home, I downloaded everyone's memory cards to the computer, used the best ones and made a DVD slideshow, with music, titles and captions. I have made several copies for family members that asked for it. I still chuckle about how excited BIL and SIL were that mom got to go on a once in a lifetime trip (they asked for copies). MIL doesn't have a computer, but she can still watch her vacation on her DVD player and relive the trip. I try to stay unplugged while actually on the trip, so pictures wait until I'm home.

Couple of suggestions.

There is a Photo Gallery board here with lots of good ideas and advice.

Also, have you considered doing a photo album using Shutterfly or one of the other major web sites. These come out phenomenol and are a lot of fun to make. People love them.

I wait till I get home, then I upload them to Shutterfly. I have a Shutterfly share site (link in my signature!) that I use to share photos with my family & friends; I also post a selected few on Facebook.

And when I get an email from Shutterfly with a code for a free photo book, I make one! I have those on my share site as well.

We have a small netbook that we upload photos to. Rarely do we upload anything using the ship's internet. When we do upload anything during a trip we take a usb drive along and load the photos on that and then take it to an internet cafe in port. A fraction of the cost. Certainly nice to share highlights of the trip with friends while you're away without breaking the bank.

Archived