Catholic Mass onboard?

...I think I can rest on the answer being - no - and we can retire this thread...

Then you need to ask the mods to delete it. You can use the red triangle alert in the corner of your post. Threads of a religious nature usually end up getting locked or deleted anyway, but not before feelings are hurt.

I just hope that RCI reads this and knows that some people want to celebrate their faith and for us Catholics, we need a space, a priest, some wine and the bread.

I know that RCI does help people who want to enjoy a cruise with their line. The handicapped have special showers, so that they can wash easily. The children have programs to keep them busy while their parents do things like gamble, drink, and enjoy a quiet evening together. They can have special meals for people who need their food to be kosher, For others it can be a diet that is low salt or low fat. For myself, I will cruise – but if there is not going to be a Catholic Mass on the ship during the weekend, I will only sail on dates that will put me in a port where I can practice my faith.

Gosh! did not mean to make this such a controversial question. I think I can rest on the answer being - no - and we can retire this thread...

I was only asking for my friend - who I am sure would find this whole thread very interesting (if she was on CC).

We will be in CocoCay on Sunday, Nassau on Saturday. I have suggested if it is that imperative to her - she can find a mass in Nassau.

Thanks for all your input.

Oh, don't you think she didn't already suggest this ! ;)

The St Francis Xavier Cathedral is in walking distance from the port.

the Mass times are

Saturday:

6:00 p.m. / Vigil for Sunday

Sunday:

8:30 a.m. & 11:00 a.m.

Monday & Friday:

7:00 a.m.

Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday:

7:00 a.m. & 12:10 p.m.

I stayed in a hotel in Nassau and some people saw that I was back for the second week in a row, and they wanted to go to their home for a meal. I just thought that was very sweet.

I want to make a comment, but this is not the time or the place as it is a cruise board discussion. Let's just say, I am happily no longer a member of the Catholic Church.

You are right, in that Roman Catholics do not celebrate non-denominational masses. In fact, no one does. It is a non-denominational service - and it can include communion - open to all Christian believers.

As one poster has mentioned, this is not a discussion forum for the do's and don't and (unfortunately other arguments of religion) My answer was only to clarify why the OP specifically requested a priest and to answer one others answer why a Non-denominational "Service" would not suffice. whether or not you believe or like the Catholic church is irrelevant and not on topic. Even though I do not agree with your answer above I will respect the forum guidelines and NOT answer it.

Suggestion to all: As much as I would like to, we still need to Please keep on topic or they will shut this post down.

God Bless all and have a wonderful cruise. :)

Excellent post!

I'm really tired of all this judgmental stuff that demeans the beliefs of others.

Neither a priest nor a minister is necessary to pray or to worship God.

Let a crew member lead an interdenominational service where folks can share, sing, praise and pray. And if you believe you are being condemned to eternal damnation because you haven't received the rites of the church, then maybe you should stay home. It's not up to Royal Caribbean to ensure your eternal salvation!

Really? Because it seems that whenever the original question gets asked on these boards which pretty much just requires a yes, no, or maybe answer you seem to feel the need to expand the subject into this "all inclusive" issue. So, who is it, exaclty, that is demeaning the beliefs of others?

I just hope that RCI reads this and knows that some people want to celebrate their faith and for us Catholics, we need a space, a priest, some wine and the bread.

I know that RCI does help people who want to enjoy a cruise with their line. The handicapped have special showers, so that they can wash easily. The children have programs to keep them busy while their parents do things like gamble, drink, and enjoy a quiet evening together. They can have special meals for people who need their food to be kosher, For others it can be a diet that is low salt or low fat. For myself, I will cruise – but if there is not going to be a Catholic Mass on the ship during the weekend, I will only sail on dates that will put me in a port where I can practice my faith.

Sorrym but not sure why you feel you should have special treatment over and above any other religion?

If there is a service is should be non-denominational. If you cannot join that, then that is your issue, not that of RCCL.

Just because you do not go to a service does not stop you practicing your faith.

Most of the special needs you mention are not matters of choice but handicapped and medical needs that people have no control of.

Archived