Suite room service (Voyager class)

Artemis908

I have heard suite guests get MDR menus for room service. I have seen a picture for suite in room dining for breakfast, but was wondering if you actually get the MDR menu for breakfast also. And do the menus get placed in your room every day or do you have to ask for them? Is it available for all 3 meals?

Pictures very much welcomed if you have any :D

Day one-it was in the room in a leather binder with other information.

after that-it could be found in the concierge lounge. You will be contaced by the concierge prior and this is what he will tell you pertaining to the dining-

* Daily menus displayed and pre-ordering for your dinner wine.

* In-Suite full Dining Room experience (available when Dining Room is open)

Have a great time!!! I never used it so that's all I can help you with.:o

The menus will be updated in the leather folder in your room each night for the next days menu. If you do not see them ask your stateroom attendent, they are responsible to change them. It is a great suite perk that we have used many times.

The menus will be updated in the leather folder in your room each night for the next days menu. If you do not see them ask your stateroom attendent, they are responsible to change them. It is a great suite perk that we have used many times.

Good info. as mine never got changed but we never really used it. Kids just used it for burgers and fries!!

The menus are supposed to be in the cabin , GS and above. If you cannot find them, ask your cabin steward or the concierge. Usually you will find all of the menus for the week in the folder. There will only be lunch menus for sea days, as the MDR is only open for lunch on those days. Breakfast menu is essentially the same for each day. If the breakfast menu does not have what you desire, either write it in on the door hanger card, or when you call in your order, request special items; they will often accommodate you.

(For example. eggs benedict).

Evening service call and order what you wish, it will usually arrive in less than 30 minutes, the delivery person will bring a table cloth and all necessary service ware. All food will be delivered at the same time. You will serve yourself from the covered dishes on the cart. When you are finished, you can call room service again and they will come and pick up the plates, or, tell your room steward and they will take care of it. You can also order wine or drinks at the same time. The standard 15% gratuity is automatically applied to all drinks.

We have done this several times when we were tired upon return from a port excursion. NOTE: there is not a large table in the GS suites and you will have to place your food on the coffee table, which is knee height. If it is warm outside and you have a small table on the balcony, you can eat out there or bring the table inside for dinner.

BTW, the daily menus are usually available on the interactive TV in your cabin.

Our attendant didn't update ours, so we asked the day we were planning to have dinner in our room. I wish I would have asked him to change them daily, because it would be nice to have them. Our first cruise, and I didn't realize he was supposed to do that.

It was really nice. They bring a tablecloth and set it all up on the balcony for us. Breakfast, too.

Actually, eggs benedict is on the suite breakfast menu. Also, on Voyager and Freedom class ships, you may either get your breakfast from the Wj and take to the specialty restaurant (if there are both Chops and Portofino, one will be designated), or, depending on the ship as I don't know if this is fleet wide, you can simply be seated in the designated restaurant and order from a menu ( on Freedom in Sept.), or as on Mariner in Dec. order whatever you want in the way of eggs and sides. On Mariner you also get fresh squeezed OJ. What a treat. We'll be doing that very thing next week on Mariner.

Is the food hot when it arrives? We ordered breakfast a few times last year and it arrived cold. Cold eggs are disgusting. We weren't in a GS then so wonder if they make sure to deliver while hot to a suite. I'm looking forward to being able to order from the regular menu but hate luke warm/cold food.

• 1 month later...
Good info. as mine never got changed but we never really used it. Kids just used it for burgers and fries!!

We had a problem with this as well - could never really figure out what was available when - LOL - however - we mainly used for breakfast so not a problem

Is the food hot when it arrives? We ordered breakfast a few times last year and it arrived cold. Cold eggs are disgusting. We weren't in a GS then so wonder if they make sure to deliver while hot to a suite. I'm looking forward to being able to order from the regular menu but hate luke warm/cold food.

Our food always arrived hot

When they deliver food, do you usually tip them or wait until the end of the week? Is it your Butler that delivers the evening meals or breakfast and sets up the tablecloth? We are in an Owner's Suite for the first time.

Yes, tip when delivered just as you would room service - there is no butler on Royal - you may not have the same person delivering every time so waiting until the end of the week you would have a problem finding the right person to tip

When they deliver food, do you usually tip them or wait until the end of the week? Is it your Butler that delivers the evening meals or breakfast and sets up the tablecloth? We are in an Owner's Suite for the first time.

Tipping is done at the time of delivery. RCI does not have butlers..

No butler on Royal Caribbean......you need to try Celebrity's Sky Suites and above for that service.

We tip everytime that we have room service deliver. By the way, you can ask them to bring your dinner in courses, you don't have to get it all at once as someone mentioned.

And, in most OS's the table is large enough for 4, and we enjoy having another couple in for dinner. It's a great way to get to know someone that you enjoy even better.

We also do this for breakfast, on mornings that the 4 of us are headed out on a special shore excurision.....that has been created just for the 4 of us.

The fun of cruising!!:D;)

Rick

We are going on the Explorer, will you be able to order champagne and orange juice if you have breakfast at Portofino's?

Yes you can! The Portofino breakfast was a nice perk. Beautiful views and it was never crowded.

Archived