Need answers ASAP to Basic ??? RC/CC

seb1104mom

IS RC like CCL in that you can get extra serving of like a lobster?

Generally they are more than happy to provide second helpings unless they are running short. Sometimes they will limit second helpings during the first sitting to make sure there is plenty for the late sitting.

Where on RC can you eat for free?

This varies from ship to ship. The Main Dining Room and Windjammer Buffet are always included. Chops and Porotfino are always extra. On larger ships, Cafe Promenade and Sorrento's Pizza are included. Room service is included except from midnight to 5 a.m. when a $3.95 surcharge applies.

Does the Kids Camp place close daily like CC?

Never sailed with kids -- don't know.

And do you have to reserve a spot in a restaurant every time you want to eat in it?:(

If you opt for traditional dining you will be assigned a table and wait staff that will be yours for the duration of the cruise. I never have, but if you opt for My Time Dining [which requires advance payment of gratuities] you can make reservations at different times every day [usually the evening before] or have a standing reservation for a specific time each day. You can also walk in without reservation but you may have to wait for a table under in that event.

And do you have to reserve a spot in a restaurant every time you want to eat in it?:(

1. You can order as many lobster tails as you want.

2. MDR, Windjammer and various venues which vary ship to ship

3. Huh?

4. No. I assume you are talking about My Time Dining. It is not necessary to reserve.

Adventure Ocean (kids club) closes for lunch so the crew can eat but some days on some ships they have lunch with the counselor days. Usually at Johnny Rockets. They usually reopen for night activities.They set closing times depending on age groups. They have pajama parties and movie nights. Usually on port days they are open all day. But this could have change since we cruised 2 years ago.

I didn't notice in my first response that you are sailing on Oasis. Here is a link to the Oasis section of the RCI website that will tell you what is included and what is extra fee:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/experiencetypes/category.do?pagename=onboard_cat_dining_options&tab=1

You don't have to worry, you can be well fed without paying extra. But some of the extra fee venues are pretty good if you want to splurge. I have never sailed Oasis or Allure, but I am sure you can find reviews here for most [if not all] of the various venues.

I can say for certain, I had three lobster tails on Freedom in November...a complete pig of myself...The waiter brought an extra one when he brought out our plates, then the DH winked at him and he brought me another...for a total of three, and yes I ate every last bite! Afterward the waitier was upset if I didn't order desert...so I took it back to the room for later..

I learned that if I could'nt eat another bite and didn't want desert, I'd order sherbert...lol.

I don't know of ANY cruiseline where you can't order more of anything.

I think AO is open until the wee hours...there may be a charge for late night, but I'm not sure about that. Most kids are back with their parents by 10 or so!

The buffet, dining room, promenade cafe, room service are included....also Sorrentos, if you have it. Chops, Portofino and Johnny Rockets have a charge.

Either you will have traditional dining (for dinner) with an assigned table and time, or you will be signed up for My Time Dining....if you have MTD, you do not need reservations..just show up when you're ready. Traditional, show up when you're supposed to...

Why ASAP? Did you ever look at RC website?...Just curious....:confused:

Archived