Upgrade Dates

cruisedad2

Hi. How long before a cruise does Princess or your TA let you know that you have been upgraded? We requested an upgrade to a suite, and I know the odds are slim, but not zero. When should we be notified if we are fortunate enough, and is it by our TA or Princess directly? Thanks!

I have two cruises booked for March 10 and March 28, both in guarantee categories. The first one is booked in a CG category, the second one in a BE category, After a really rough day, I checked my personalizer... Lo and behold, on the March 28 sailing, we were assigned a Caribe deck balcony...:)

So, is there any time that the upgrade fairy (or cabin assignments are made), no, there really is not a particular time. Still waiting on my March 10 cruise assignment...:D

I personally never think of being moved within the same category as an "upgrade". I realize the fare is higher, but it's really nothing more than being relocated.

Why do cruise lines charge more for identical cabins when they are on a higher deck? Because they can!:rolleyes:

An exception: Plaza deck.

Princess recently jacked up their price. They finally noticed Plaza deck are often the first cabins to sell out.

We recently booked a guarnateed inside cabin for a March 27th cruise on the Emerald Princess. Yesterday, we noticed that we have been assigned cabin D111, which looks like it's at the front of the ship, near the top. From what I've heard, this is not a very desirable place to be.

We typically do not splurge too much on rooms, as we rarely do more than just sleep in there...but I am a little worried about our location this time.

Is these any chance for an upgrade after the initial assignment of your room, or are you pretty much locked in at that point? It probably doesn't help that this is our first Princess Cruise (we've cruised multiple times on Carnival, but from my understanding, they run the two companies as seperate entities).

I personally never think of being moved within the same category as an "upgrade". I realize the fare is higher, but it's really nothing more than being relocated.

Why do cruise lines charge more for identical cabins when they are on a higher deck? Because they can!:rolleyes:

An exception: Plaza deck.

Princess recently jacked up their price. They finally noticed Plaza deck are often the first cabins to sell out.

Love Plaza deck myself, but did it sell so fast because of the low price or the location. (For us, def location!)

We recently booked a guarnateed inside cabin for a March 27th cruise on the Emerald Princess. Yesterday, we noticed that we have been assigned cabin D111, which looks like it's at the front of the ship, near the top. From what I've heard, this is not a very desirable place to be.

You can ask your TA (or Princess if you booked directly) if there is another cabin available in the category you were upgraded to. If there is a better located cabin (in your opinion) that is available, you can be switched to it.

Archived