Using the pool on a transatlantic crossing?

LDVinNC

Hi. We will be on the Ryndam crossing from Tampa to Rotterdam leaving April 1st. I know it will be chilly on the Atlantic, and wonder if they are likely to close the cover over the Lido pool and if they do, will it be warm enough to swim? I'd appreciate any input.

Hi. We will be on the Ryndam crossing from Tampa to Rotterdam leaving April 1st. I know it will be chilly on the Atlantic, and wonder if they are likely to close the cover over the Lido pool and if they do, will it be warm enough to swim? I'd appreciate any input.

IMO you should be able to utilize the Lido pool. The thing that may close it is rough seas.

We did a TA on the Rotterdam last May from Fort Lauderdale to Rotterdam. We enjoyed nice weather for the first four days of the 8 day crossing until we sailed into a weather system that created thirty foot seas for the last four day prior to our first port in Cork, Ireland. The pool was than closed and access to the Promendade Desk was shut off at times.

So depending on sea conditions you may be able to enjoy the aft and Lido pools.

You should be able to use the pool. We came back on the Prinsendam last November (it is the only HAL ship with the cover for the pool). The weather was so glorious people were in the pool and around it all the time:):)

If you have smooth seas so they don't have to close the pool, then it should be very comfortable with the retractable roof. definitely pack a bathing suit - don't make my mistake :eek: i didn't last time, figuring it would be 'too cold'

Have a great cruise:)

You should be able to use the pool. We came back on the Prinsendam last November (it is the only HAL ship with the cover for the pool). The weather was so glorious people were in the pool and around it all the time:):)

If you have smooth seas so they don't have to close the pool, then it should be very comfortable with the retractable roof. definitely pack a bathing suit - don't make my mistake :eek: i didn't last time, figuring it would be 'too cold'

Have a great cruise:)

The Lido pool on the Nieuw Amsterdam also has a retractable roof.

I'm sure you meant to type that she is the only HAL ship without a retractible cover for the midship pool. :cool:

Archived