Big Mistake? Will I regret this?

divngmedic

We're planning to stay on the ship in two weeks when we're in Nassau. I love having the ship without so many other passengers on board.

Antigua has Nelson's Dockyard with its 18th century buildings.

Nelson's Dockyard is a really nice place for nautical history, old architecture and some awesome sailboats....

FYI - no cruise booked is ever a mistake :D At least in my eyes :D

Ditto! Went on the Triumph with a bad soft tissue back injury that caused me excruciating pain. I could barely walk. Still had a great cruise anyway and the ship's crew was awesome! They were so kind and helpful to me. Never have had a bad cruise.:D

Sunny Liston tours in St Thomas is a blast. You can skip the beach part of the tour and they will take you back to the ship.

My SIL and I did the Sunny Liston tour off the Triumph. Even with severe back pain I had a really good time with them. I'd recommend this tour to anyone. We did a lot of singing and hand clapping to island music and some great classic oldies, saw some great views, stopped for some shopping where some people headed for the designer high-end shopping while the SIL and I went to a big flea market right where the tour truck stopped. I think the beach that they take you to is so beautiful! Even if you didn't want to swim you could just relax for the hr. or so that they stop there. We bought a beautiful original painting of the beach from the artist who created it herself. It hangs in my guestroom and is a beautiful reminder of that particular cruise.

Whatever you guys decide to do, I'm sure you will have a great time. You are very thoughtful to be planning ahead for your family. Have you asked them what they would like to do? I'm presuming you have so just go from there.

I hope you guys have a great time! You are going to some very beautiful places. :D

I'm not a huge beach person either because I burn so easily but we have taken to doing some resort type places at the ports and have had awesome luck.

We did the river tubing in Jamaica and that was soooo much fun! You might also research day spas at the ports you want to dive so that your wife can get a massage or a spa treatment while you are doing your thing.

I can't agree with you more that a happy wife is a happy life!

It was either Antigua or Tortola our friends did a "swim with the Sea Lion" thing and they thought it was amazing!

Btw... I didn't think the diving in St. Thomas was all that great honestly, but then, I used the Carnival excursion.

Yeah I am probably going to diver either Antigua or Tortola. I will never use a cruise dive excursion. I hate cattle boat diving.

Our daughter is an equestrian and not looking for horse riding. The wife is very scared of heights so zip lining is out of the question. I have lurked at the port of calls board at those places and 90 percent if about beaches.

I highly recommend Gordon's Tour in Antigua! The Baths in Tortola are a must even if you are not much into the Beach. I went w/Patouche on that one. St. Thomas, you could always do an island tour. Sunny Liston and others come highly recommended. I love that itinerary!

Enjoy!

Joanne

I highly recommend Gordon's Tour in Antigua! The Baths in Tortola are a must even if you are not much into the Beach. I went w/Patouche on that one. St. Thomas, you could always do an island tour. Sunny Liston and others come highly recommended. I love that itinerary!

Enjoy!

Joanne

Thanks for the Gordon's tip, looked him up, looks promising.

I'm not a huge beach person either because I burn so easily but we have taken to doing some resort type places at the ports and have had awesome luck.

We did the river tubing in Jamaica and that was soooo much fun! You might also research day spas at the ports you want to dive so that your wife can get a massage or a spa treatment while you are doing your thing.

I can't agree with you more that a happy wife is a happy life!

The wife is the one adamant about not getting off the ship in Jamaica.

I'll add my imput right as well, This pic right here

is one of the reasons we'll (hopefully ) be booking on the Breeze for next April....TORTOLA!!!! One of our favorite islands so far...This was taken at The Baths, which is quite cool to see....I have many more pics of The Baths if you need some more convincing!! Also We loved Antigua , and got in some amazing snorkeling in Nassua!!I don't think you'll regret this itin!!cruise2011120.jpg

In Tortola, we booked a snorkel excursion to Norman Island. The catamaran sailed across the Sir Francis Drake Channel and dropped anchor close to the caves where pirates supposedly hid their treasure...it was the best snorkeling experience I have ever had in the Caribbean. The history of piracy on the island was immortalized in Robert Louis Stevenson's book "Treasure Island". I didn't want to get out of the water, it was fantastic!

On Antigua, we booked another snorkeling trip to Prickly Pear Island just off the coast. The small island was stunningly beautiful and you could join the group that snorkeled around the island or relax in a lounger on the gorgeous beach. We picked up lots of starfish in the shallows. We were driven by bus to a beach just across from Prickly Pear Island and a small skiff picked us up in the shallow water and transported us to the island, cool experience. I believe Prickly Pear Island has a web site. The personnel in charge on the island dove for conch, cleaned it and served it to anyone who wanted to try it with a little lime juice. Another great experience.

• 1 month later...

Archived