So Chair Hogs dont have rights?

JPTexan82

I see it this way.....If somebody left their things on a chair and didn't come back for over 30 minutes I would assume they had gone on to do other things on the ship and forgotten their things. If I scooped it up and gave it to a crew member as lost and found, I think that was me being courteous :) And Oh Look! Now there's a chair open and waiting for me ;)

In most cases I agree with you. Only exception would be if the person is IN the pool swimming. I don't want to have to watch some clock to make sure I don't swim/float for more than 30 minutes and I once exited the pool to find that my beach bag, towel and sunglasses had been removed by a person who wanted my seat and placed on the deck! I really didn't appreaciate the scratched sunglasses or standing there dripping with no place to sit in the sun!:mad:

In most cases I agree with you. Only exception would be if the person is IN the pool swimming. I don't want to have to watch some clock to make sure I don't swim/float for more than 30 minutes and I once exited the pool to find that my beach bag, towel and sunglasses had been removed by a person who wanted my seat and placed on the deck! I really didn't appreaciate the scratched sunglasses or standing there dripping with no place to sit in the sun!:mad:

I get what you're saying, and agree to an extent. I don't think you should be entitled to a chair if you're going to be out of it for ANY reason for 30 or more minutes, but I totally agree about needing a place for your belongings on the deck if you are swimming. Someone posted about cubbies or lockers, that would be great...and free up a ton of chairs that are used as storage rather than seating;)

Common SENSE would dictate that your stuff would be missing if you left it around anywhere for 20-40 minutes, common COURTESY would dictate that people would respect another persons property no matter what, no matter where.

But here's the thing......If your "stuff" is on a chair, holding it for you in an area where there are rules posted and your stuff being in that chair is a blatant violation of those rules, then the one lacking common sense AND common courtesy is YOU ;)

Love ya JP Texan..... your troll posts amuse me. What do you have brewing for when this thread fizzles out? I'm not beng sarcastic...I'm really curious.....better make it good!

I believe his partner in 'crime', the other texan. has already got the next one covered. ;)

Are you equating childfree adults who (paid full price and choose to) sit by the main pool with chair hogs? :confused:

No, any adult can sit anywhere they want...we are just trying to figure out why so many of them feel the need to sit next to the pool leaving the parents of the kids with no place to sit while their kids are swimming. And SITTING is not the issue, it is why they need to lay their towels and books there all day...

You stated you like the adults pool, as do we when we don't have our kids with us...it is just very frustrating for those of us that have a reason to NEED to be by the pool when we can't sit there because all of the chairs are saved...

Common SENSE would dictate that your stuff would be missing if you left it around anywhere for 20-40 minutes, common COURTESY would dictate that people would respect another persons property no matter what, no matter where.

But here's the thing......If your "stuff" is on a chair, holding it for you in an area where there are rules posted and your stuff being in that chair is a blatant violation of those rules, then the one lacking common sense AND common courtesy is YOU

I think this a legit topic that needed to be adressed.

In the end the RULE is that you can be gone up to 30 minutes without penalty for leaving your chair. After 30 minutes, you're subject to losing your spot, PERIOD.

Now if only people would abide by said rule, this subject wouldn't even be up for debate.

What the cruiselines need to do is just take all of the deck chairs off all the ships and make you bring your own folding pocket chair along with your luggage, that would solve this problem.

That way there would be plenty of room for everyone's chair out by the pool, cause those things are so small and they don't recline back, so they don't take up hardly any room at all.

Also people wouldn't stay around the pool area very long cause they are very hard on your back to sit for any period of time. :D

PROBLEM SOLVED!! :D

I would die laughing if there were 500 people assembled on the pool deck sitting on a folding stool. You'd never again see so many replicas of The Thinker in less clothing...

thou i do not chair hog or never would i find it sad that some people have nothing better to do but to make it there quest to deal with chair hogs. and out of all the chair hog police I wonder how many of them think its ok to bend or break other carnival rules. And also how many of you take chairs for the whole family and thou the kids might disappear for a hour you still save there seats because you alone are sitting there.

FYI...we are not breaking the rules, the people whose crap we are moving are breaking the rules so whey would you think the people trying to fix things is the problem?

And no one that I know of makes it a QUEST to deal with chair hogs...it is dealt with on a day by day case by case basis...if we need a chair and there isn't one...we deal with them. And I only take as many chairs as I need...not sure about anyone else. If I know my daughter is going to be swimming in a pool for hours I don't get her a chair, but if she is going to go in for 5 or 10 minutes then come hang out with us and in and out I will...And I don't take one for my stuff. I bring a beach bag on every cruise and if we are all going swimming the beach bag holds everything and goes right next to the pool where I can see it...

No, any adult can sit anywhere they want...we are just trying to figure out why so many of them feel the need to sit next to the pool leaving the parents of the kids with no place to sit while their kids are swimming. And SITTING is not the issue, it is why they need to lay their towels and books there all day...

You stated you like the adults pool, as do we when we don't have our kids with us...it is just very frustrating for those of us that have a reason to NEED to be by the pool when we can't sit there because all of the chairs are saved...

Personally when I had kids that were in need of watching I would plunk my little a**(I'm being generous to myself:eek:)down in a chair that was un-occupied and watch the lovely wee ones... if someone came up and stated it was "their" chair I would move to the next one open... if they said it was their friends I would tell them I would be happy to get up when they came back.... but quite often I was in the pool with them so there was no worry about a chair.

Oh and pop, pop...

The OP is pretty good at this game. Earlier they started a thread wondering why people did speak English in the elevators.

No the way the topic went was, as alot of people wondered before "is if you are in a elevator with someone speaking and wonder if they are talking about you. Just a point of discussion.

No the way the topic went was, as alot of people wondered before "is if you are in a elevator with someone speaking and wonder if they are talking about you. Just a point of discussion.

Well, just make sure you give them something to talk about!

Personally when I had kids that were in need of watching I would plunk my little a**(I'm being generous to myself:eek:)down in a chair that was un-occupied and watch the lovely wee ones... if someone came up and stated it was "their" chair I would move to the next one open... if they said it was their friends I would tell them I would be happy to get up when they came back.... but quite often I was in the pool with them so there was no worry about a chair.

Oh and pop, pop...

I do the same thing a lot of the time...if someone just has a towel hanging on the back and I just want to sit I will sit on the edge and when they come back I will move. But in that time period if we have gone over the 30 minutes, usually atleast 45 and I want to relax, I just move their towel and relax. They can get their towel at the towel desk and now they can play LETS FIND A DECK CHAIR!

I do the same thing a lot of the time...if someone just has a towel hanging on the back and I just want to sit I will sit on the edge and when they come back I will move. But in that time period if we have gone over the 30 minutes, usually atleast 45 and I want to relax, I just move their towel and relax. They can get their towel at the towel desk and now they can play LETS FIND A DECK CHAIR!

Yeah after about 20 minutes I would be in the water with them... plus my kids never stayed that long in the pool, we have one at home... they were more interested in going to CC to see what was going on.

Yeah after about 20 minutes I would be in the water with them... plus my kids never stayed that long in the pool, we have one at home... they were more interested in going to CC to see what was going on.

I wish! My daughter would be in the water 24/7/365 if I would let her. She NEVER gets enough. I will go in sometimes for a few minutes to cool off but I am usually right back out...5-10 minutes maybe. I, am not a fish like she is...

CC is all about the nighttime for her. All day at the pool and CC all night...so we get family time during the day and we all get our own time at night...

In regards to throwing things overboard. I guess I would expect this is how people act on Carnival Cruise Lines, because the class of people that seem to sail on their ships. No regards on other people's possesions and personal area, How can someone just throw someone elses things overboard?

What a nasty/judgemental comment to make.

We happen to be mid-class people who work hard so can take vacations like cruises, are very religious, I'm a Deacon in our church, and even though come from NY, have met more rude people on vacations then in the NYC.

I have been on Priness cruises, and many people and staff were very crass, and thats supposed to be a "classy" cruise line.

I feel sorry for you that you classify people by what cruise line they use.

We are staying on the Lido deck this year think I might just go out around 7:30 and move all the CHAIR HOGS stuff to the back row of chairs. Then sit in the back and watch the excitement :D We never have had a hard time finding chairs don't matter to us if they are not close to the pool. As long as they are in the sun thats all we need. These chair hog post are all ways fun to read people really get upset about this JUST FOLLOW THE RULES. So if you are on the Breeze Jan 5th don't leave your stuff out early it may be moved :p Just look me up and I will tell you where it is. HAPPY CRUISING

What a nasty/judgemental comment to make.

We happen to be mid-class people who work hard so can take vacations like cruises, are very religious, I'm a Deacon in our church, and even though come from NY, have met more rude people on vacations then in the NYC.

I have been on Priness cruises, and many people and staff were very crass, and thats supposed to be a "classy" cruise line.

I feel sorry for you that you classify people by what cruise line they use.

The posters is trying to get you going. All the post have an underlying tone/theme that stirs the pot.

Not saying that im For or Against Chair Hogs. I have to be real careful what I say or the Admins will be upset.

But how is it right for someone to touch someone elses stuff and move it, because in the real world that is a form of assult. But in good faith is it right to move their stuff?

Ships need to implement a system to disallow people from saving chairs

early in AM while they go to eat. shop, etc and come back hrs later.

Not fair to those looking to use pool immediately; and yes, if items are

left on chairs for long period, then ship worker assigned to pool area should move them to towel area for later pickup. Having worked in the legal system, no court would consider this an assault. This is a HUGE problem on all ships that needs to be addressed. or fixed.

If something were to come up missing it would be the owners fault for leaving their items in a way that someone else could take or remove them. If I leave a $100 on a chair to save it should I have the expectation that it would still be there when I return an hour later?

However, there do happen to be video cameras which cover most, if not all of the area around the pool and if something were to come up missing and the owner did get security to actually review the tapes it might make for an interesting discussion.

There is an easy an effective answer. A small retractable cable lock used for securing skis. Very small and has a long enough cable that no one short of with a very strong cable cutter is going to get it free. I use that when in the pool.

But even if your intentions are not keeping, you could still be blamed for touching, I would not want that on me! Some drunken fool, starting drama. I would rather sit on the concrete than move someones things. Now if it is a camp full of children hogging with towels and not using, that is completely different.

Archived