So Chair Hogs dont have rights?

JPTexan82

Well thats apples to oranges here dude, We are talking about a chair on a cruise ship that is made to lounge or relax in. Im not talking about a breakfest at the WAFFLE HOUSE which I know you love, that you take your family too and leave your kids Hulk doll at.

Never been to a waffle house, my son doesn't have a hulk doll.

I love these posts.....if you really want that prime spot, get out of bed and claim it..... Just like the "chair hogs" do. What happens if you want tickets to a food show? You get online early and wait. If you get there an hour later and it's sold out, do you complain that others got the good seats?

Well said. You're my hero

The following could be titled "If Spirit Air bought a cruise line" :p

Maybe when you register for the cruise, they should just let you pick your chair? Have a little map, showing all the sun decks, and where the chairs are. But since Carnival is hard up for cash it seems, raising the prices on Bon Voyage alcohol, and raising the tip amounts, maybe they should CHARGE for those chairs, also. And if you don't want to pay, then you go to the "General Admission" area where it is first come, first served.

As a stock holder at Carnival, I am looking for anyway possible to make a dime for the company. Oh, sure I may only get 1/billionth of that dime in the long run, but if you collect enough dimes, it will amount to some return.

While we are at it, can we add a fee to those people that sit at the tables next to the windows in the buffet? Those are prime locations, perfect for spotting the occasional dolphin or whale. Or how about the seats at the Piano Bar next to the piano? Those are pretty prime, too, we maybe should make those as a pay as you use them, a certain price for every 10 minutes that you are there, and give the piano player a cut. And finally, during special sporting events that are carried in the sports bar, shouldn't they have to pay for the seat of their choice to watch the big game? And maybe even charge a premium price for events such as the Super Bowl, but then they will have that on the big screen out by the pool, so those people that have those prime chairs out there - they should pay even more.

Now thats not nice, Im not calling you a name or trying to insualt you.

Dear JPTexan82 - My apologies, I certainly would not want to name call or offend a fine Texan as you. Of course you are intelligent and well meaning, this thread is now in its 17th page which you are still engaged and seemingly STILL mystified on chairs! Well done!

This topic comes up too often for my tastes. They should just pin it at the top of the board. It is a problem that has been there forever, and will last longer than there has been wars in the middle east. It will never go away.

Y'all are missing out on some fun times...

See, DH and I are early risers, as in, we are up before the sun waiting for breakfast to open... Then it's off to the pool deck where we usually have a really good selection of chairs...

Sure, we usually see chairs being saved at that early hour... If they are in a place where we'd like to sit we just move the stuff to another chair and commence some of the best people watching available on a cruise...

We sit back and watch as folks make their way to to the pool deck looking for chairs... Sometimes we see people return to their chairs... If we've moved their stuff elsewhere usually they don't even realize it...

But the real fun begins as the deck begins to fill and you see the exasperation of folks who probably wish they'd gotten up earlier...

That's when we switch to Good Samaritan mode... We start pointing out chairs where no one has been seen for hours to those who are clearly ready to bask in the sun... We simply tell folks that no one has been to those chairs in hours and all they have to do is turn the stuff in to the pool attendant and have a seat...

We've met some really nice folks that way... And seen some really amazing temper tantrums when the hogs return around lunch time to "reclaim" their chairs...

Who needs the Seaside Theater? We've seen some great drama that way...

And done some good as well... The gratitude of those we've helped is a great perk...

So OP, by all means hog your chair... And we hope to see your theatrics onboard soon...

I look at it this way "move your feet lose your seat"

The only exceptions being

-swimming in the pool

-going to the bathroom

-going to refill your drink

Normally there will be two of us and one will save the other seat for those 3 reasons.

Nope leaving to go eat doesn't count to me.

-swimming in the pool

-going to the bathroom

Normally there will be two of us and one will save the other seat for those 3 reasons.

I think going to eat even counts if you are just going to the grill and bringing it right back to your chair...or ice cream...

Thats a great question, What happens at the Theatre if you get up and go to the bar to get a drink?

The theatre has a policy of no saving seats but no 30 minute rule. Going to the bathroom or bar is fine...it is on the deck chairs too as long as it is less than 30 minutes. They will make announcements in the theatre that there is no seat saving...in the theatre it is more about the number you are saving. If you and you SO go to the show and one of you goes to the bathroom saving that 1 seat is usually not an issue...but people go in there and try to save half a row...no, sorry, all 20 of your friends are not in the bathroom!

I agree with this guy 100 percent. I mean if this guy was running for Pres instead of Mitt Romney I would vote for this guy. Like they always say "If you anint first, your Last.

But im not going to take 6 chairs, I just want my one chair.

Sure, if you want a chair you can get up early and go sit in it and sit in it all day long, that isn't chair hogging. If you get up early and put your towel on the chair to save it and show up hours later then you are a chair hog. CCL allows you to save a chair for 30 minutes.

If you wanted concert tickets for a popular show you could get in line at the box office 2 days before the tickets go on sale and be first in line when it opened. You could not put a sign in front of the box office that said "this spot reserved for JPTexan82 because I was the first one here, but gee I had to go do something else".

As I said before it wouldn't be me moving your stuff if it had been there for more than 30 minutes but I would have no sympathy for you if your stuff was moved.

Not saying that im For or Against Chair Hogs. I have to be real careful what I say or the Admins will be upset.

But how is it right for someone to touch someone elses stuff and move it, because in the real world that is a form of assult. But in good faith is it right to move their stuff?

You cant assault someone's stuff. Be like being charged with assaulting a garbage can. Destruction of property? Yeah if you threw it overboard or something. But removing their items and turning them in because you think they're lost? You're trying to be helpful. :-)

Not saying that im For or Against Chair Hogs. I have to be real careful what I say or the Admins will be upset.

But how is it right for someone to touch someone elses stuff and move it, because in the real world that is a form of assult. But in good faith is it right to move their stuff?

I think it is ok to move someone’s items (a chair hog) if they have gone past the allowable 30 minutes without being present. They are then breaking the rules and forfeit the chair.

I do like the idea of turning them in because you think they are lost or left items.

-swimming in the pool

-going to the bathroom

I agree, if you need to eat then do it before you sit down or take your belongings with you.

Chair hogs are just chair chumps! Remember, the deck chairs are for the enjoyment of all passengers. If you want a dedicated chair....all day long, you should book a balcony cabin or suite. How would you feel if someone left their inside cabin, knocked on your door, walked right on in, proceeded to your balcony with flip flops, book & sun tan lotion in hand and parked their belongings on your balcony chair. Only to turn right around and go back to their inside cabin to get ready, go to breakfast and come back 1-2 hours later? Exactly:mad:!!! You paid for that exclusive use of your balcony chair. Well, I also paid for the shared use of everyone of those deck chairs in the public spaces.

Given the situation, I'll be most careful and considerate.....in moving your stuff if, you have abandoned the chair.:D

Chair hogs are just chair chumps! Remember, the deck chairs are for the enjoyment of all passengers. If you want a dedicated chair....all day long, you should book a balcony cabin or suite. How would you feel if someone left their inside cabin, knocked on your door, walked right on in, proceeded to your balcony with flip flops, book & sun tan lotion in hand and parked their belongings on your balcony chair. Only to turn right around and go back to their inside cabin to get ready, go to breakfast and come back 1-2 hours later? Exactly:mad:!!! You paid for that exclusive use of your balcony chair. Well, I also paid for the shared use of everyone of those deck chairs in the public spaces.

Given the situation, I'll be most careful and considerate.....in moving your stuff if, you have abandoned the chair.:D

What the heck are you talking about, Thats forced entry. Why does this even matter.:confused:

I see your point but the biggest difference is that is tresspassing, DUH! :confused::confused::rolleyes::confused:

I will find out what this so called chair hog thing is about in a few months when I go on my first cruise. I am however going to take JPTexan advice and get up early (As a Texan, getting up before the sun rises and before the rooster crows) ito get a good chair as this is a normal everyday function even if I am on vacation.

Archived