So Chair Hogs dont have rights?

JPTexan82

And yet here you are posting in the topic that you believe has been planted here. :confused:

Yep....when one passes a car wreck, most tend to look at it.

Now I have to unsubscribe myself from this moronic thread so I am not passing the same stupid, moronic car wreck over and over again.

1. It's first come, first serve I always say. You have no right to touch my stuff if I've got that chair for the day. If you move my stuff, you're a chair bully.

2. If you know that I haven't been back to my chair for more than 30 minutes, you're obviously worried too much about stuff like this and need to do more relaxing on your vacation.

You too worried about a chair that you are not using.:rolleyes:

You people are wound too tight. Of course I'm exaggerating. BUT, let me give you another scenario.

Let's say I am in a chair, and it's a very hot day. And I decide that I'm going to hang out in the pool for a while (longer than 30 minutes), after which I plan to return to my chair for some sunning.

Do you still have the right to move my stuff?

Yes.

I was hoping this would get posted. As a fellow attorney I can reassure all the would-be "movers of chair hog property" that charges of assault are unlikely to stick :)

If I were a Chair Hog attorney, I might try for some form of conversion though![/quote

I think this might be the start of Occupy Lounge Chairs :D!!!! Everyone should just go out and stake their place for the week.. but you can't ever leave your chair ..:p

Im living in the world (FORT WORTH) where you taught as a young person not to touch other people's stuff. So if im sitting in the hottub, pool bar, or walked away to go on the ropes course and come back I just want my stuff to be there when I get back. So if im gone 20 mins to 45 mins I just want my stuff left alone, is that too much to ask. Or do alot of you think your better than basic common sense. If something was to come up missing whos fault is it then?

If you want your stuff left alone, take it with you and don't leave it unattended.

Wonder what would happen if people started moved or placed their stuff on the ground or with staff? :confused: I have come up to the top pool deck and seen numerous stuff moved, staff moving about and they not say a thing. I blame that on Carnival. Why doen't people say anything. If we did something about it like explain that kids don't need to be in the adult pool and "this stuff has been sitting in this chair for over a half hour." Then see what carnival does?

Just a thought!

It is so unfortunate how inconsiderate some people are. If people would quit getting up at the crack of dawn and saving half the deck chairs and leaving for 2 to 4 hours, the watching of chairs for 30 minutes would not be a problem and people who want to go get a drink, go to the bathroom, etc. would not have to worry about not having a place to sit.

I surely do not want to move someone's things, but I really want to sit on a lounge chair too. So I will be moving things if need be.

I do think some people are overzealous with this though and watching til the clock strikes 30 minutes and one second seems odd.

I think if everyone who was leaving for lunch would just pack up and go and come back there would probably be chairs for everyone as well, but that's just not gonna happen.

I was thinking exactly what you said in the last paragraph. During my last cruise I went to sit in an unoccupied chair with nothing on it and a girl said "you can't sit there because that chair is for my friend". I told her that when her friend got back I would gladly get up. Needless to say.....I was able to enjoy the chair for over an hour.

In every thread about smuggling booze, someone posts about "don't you know that carnival reads these forums?" :rolleyes: Perhaps if we post enough about chair hogs, it will always be on the first page. I've even see chair hog threads on carnival's forum. So maybe, with so many folks commenting on this, carnival will be motivated to do something.

So don't let that flip flop block you, don't let the nay-sayers stop you. Stand up for your right to sit and take back the chairs!

This is about common respect and following unwritten rules of a civilized society.

It's similar to standing in line for something. Legally you can't stop someone from "budding in" but it's just not something that a normal person should consider acceptable. Same thing if you leave the line and come back 10 mins later, you go to the back of the line.

You run into the same issue at land based resorts as well. I had a 7 day vacation at Club Med once where I had a poolside chair once during the whole week because the people that knew the drill got up at 6am, put their stuff out, went back to bed until breakfast, and then enjoyed the pool deck all day.

Thank god the Magic has tons of chairs added compared to the conquest class ships so getting one wasn't difficult at all for me on my last cruise.

Im living in the world (FORT WORTH) where you taught as a young person not to touch other people's stuff. So if im sitting in the hottub, pool bar, or walked away to go on the ropes course and come back I just want my stuff to be there when I get back. So if im gone 20 mins to 45 mins I just want my stuff left alone, is that too much to ask. Or do alot of you think your better than basic common sense. If something was to come up missing whos fault is it then?

If something were to come up missing it would be the owners fault for leaving their items in a way that someone else could take or remove them. If I leave a $100 on a chair to save it should I have the expectation that it would still be there when I return an hour later?

But how is it right for someone to touch someone elses stuff and move it, because in the real world that is a form of assult.

I think your real world is different from my real world.

Moving someone else's stuff is not theft unless you keep it. The elements of theft consist of intention to permanently deprive and no one is doing that.

So what does that say about you since you will be cruising on Carnival very soon

Like:).

I won't touch your stuff, but if you leave it for longer than 30 minutes I'll have zero sympathy for you if it comes up missing.

thou i do not chair hog or never would i find it sad that some people have nothing better to do but to make it there quest to deal with chair hogs. and out of all the chair hog police I wonder how many of them think its ok to bend or break other carnival rules. And also how many of you take chairs for the whole family and thou the kids might disappear for a hour you still save there seats because you alone are sitting there.

Common SENSE would dictate that your stuff would be missing if you left it around anywhere for 20-40 minutes, common COURTESY would dictate that people would respect another persons property no matter what, no matter where.

But here's the thing......If your "stuff" is on a chair, holding it for you in an area where there are rules posted and your stuff being in that chair is a blatant violation of those rules, then the one lacking common sense AND common courtesy is YOU ;)

Love ya JP Texan..... your troll posts amuse me. What do you have brewing for when this thread fizzles out? I'm not beng sarcastic...I'm really curious.....better make it good!

Archived