What the heck?!?

kjblovestotravel

I just called Carnival and tried to change my cabin from an aft extended balcony to a mid ship regular balcony. The Carnival TA I talked to said there were no mid-ship balconies available on my sailing date in June but the website says there are. I am changing due to a health issue that isn't major but might impact my mobility. I could still cancel the cruise without penalty and re-book on line and get what I was hoping to get by calling. What should I do....just suck it up or cancel and re-book! I would also be saving about $300 by changing and I wonder if that's why I can't re-book?!

I'd call back and get someone else...

And I'd start a mock booking, see which cabin I want, and tell them that's where you want to go.

Just be careful, it puts a 15 min hold on the cabin, and the agent can't see that its available. But if you look get the room number and tell them which one you want, it shouldn't be an issue.

I just called Carnival and tried to change my cabin from an aft extended balcony to a mid ship regular balcony. The Carnival TA I talked to said there were no mid-ship balconies available on my sailing date in June but the website says there are. I am changing due to a health issue that isn't major but might impact my mobility. I could still cancel the cruise without penalty and re-book on line and get what I was hoping to get by calling. What should I do....just suck it up or cancel and re-book! I would also be saving about $300 by changing and I wonder if that's why I can't re-book?!

Are you booked ES? if so I do not think you can downgrade.

Thanks for the input. I called back and clarified what I wanted to do. There was a misunderstanding in that the Carnival rep thought I wanted the same deck when it didn't matter just the having a balcony did. I had the past guest rate and rebooked and saved some money.

Glad to hear it worked out!

Thanks for the input. I called back and clarified what I wanted to do. There was a misunderstanding in that the Carnival rep thought I wanted the same deck when it didn't matter just the having a balcony did. I had the past guest rate and rebooked and saved some money.

Great!

Archived