More post-drydock photos of Sapphire Princess

RickEk

Excellent photos, Rick. Thanks so much for posting them. The Sapphire sure looks quite a bit different then it did when I sailed on her 3 years ago. Enjoy your cruise. Looking forward to seeing more photos you take on this sailing.

Great photos!

The ship is beautiful.

(I also wondered how you managed to get photos of an almost empty ship.)

Thanks.

Is Bex your CD? She was assistant CD on the Emerald 2 weeks ago and left towards the end of the cruise. She's really high energy and would be a great CD.

Rick- great detailed photos! I was wondering if you have any interior shots of the Wake View bar? I haven't been on the Sapphire but admired it when the Coral sailed out past her in Ketchikan last August. I am sailing on the Diamond to Alaska this August and am looking forward to enjoying a drink in the Wake View-a venue only found on these two sisters if I am not mistaken.

Thanks again!

Norris

in Chicago

Rick ~ thanks so much for taking so many gorgeous (and greatly appreciated) photos and then posting them! You did a great job! Looking through the pictures was like taking a walking tour.

The Sapphire looks like a spanking brand new ship! Kudos to Princess for the beautiful updates!

We are looking forward to our next cruise on the Sapphire Princess.

Rick- great detailed photos! I was wondering if you have any interior shots of the Wake View bar? I haven't been on the Sapphire but admired it when the Coral sailed out past her in Ketchikan last August. I am sailing on the Diamond to Alaska this August and am looking forward to enjoying a drink in the Wake View-a venue only found on these two sisters if I am not mistaken.

Thanks again!

Norris

in Chicago

There were photos of the Wake View in the set I posted. Here's one of another angle from the stairs from a previous cruise.

6665350723_ed4ff57126_z.jpg

Sapphire Princess - Mexico - New Year's 2012 881 by RickEk, on Flickr

FANTASTIC!! Can't wait to get on in April! Ant stateroom shots??

Here's a link to some shots of various cabins from a previous trip.

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjyrgrUY

Wow, great photos! My mom and I will be on this ship in 2 months, really looking forward to it. The Piazza especially looks gorgeous.

Yes, I was very impressed with the work that was done. I don't think anyone could argue that they didn't improve an already splendid ship. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Rick

Many thanks for the wonderful pics. I have only sailed Princess out of the East Coast and the renovations to the Sapphire look just beautiful. I just sailed the Grand for two weeks but would love to enjoy the Sapphire especially her aft decks. I am carefully watching a few cruises out of LA so that I can enjoy her. Great Job Princess moving an East Coast Cruiser to the West Coast. Joyce

Rick

Many thanks for the wonderful pics. I have only sailed Princess out of the East Coast and the renovations to the Sapphire look just beautiful. I just sailed the Grand for two weeks but would love to enjoy the Sapphire especially her aft decks. I am carefully watching a few cruises out of LA so that I can enjoy her. Great Job Princess moving an East Coast Cruiser to the West Coast. Joyce

You'll love the Sapphire. The drydock made a beautiful ship even better.

Thank you Rick. I really love the beautiful pictures. My California Coastal cruise is this October. I can't wait to board this beautiful ship!

Enjoy your cruise! We're looking into a coastal cruise too. :)

They altered the layout of the Horizon Court as they did with the Grand. The actual space is the same, but they created more buffet food space so it is easier and less crowded to get food and they added more seating. Overall, it is much is a much better layout.

They altered the layout of the Horizon Court as they did with the Grand. The actual space is the same, but they created more buffet food space so it is easier and less crowded to get food and they added more seating. Overall, it is much is a much better layout.

I'd agree... by moving the dessert station out of the main buffet, they have helped the flow of people tremendously. We spoke with one of the buffet maitre'd's and he was very happy with the way the new buffet was working.

Archived