Best Treat at the International Cafe???

gecko12

OK. You said "treat." That, to me disqualifies the chicken salad (which I love!), shrimp, etc. & takes us more to the realm of cookies, donuts, pastries, desserts... So therefore, my answer is: the dark chocolate/hazelnut pudding thing with an unpronounceable name -- something like giandula. OH. MY. GOD. I ate 2 or 3 every day after I discovered it. Wow.

:D

Gianduja chocolate pudding. Pudding isn't a strong enough word. It's like eating fudge in a bowl. I don't even like chocolate, and just tried a spoonful of DH's, and I was instantly hooked.

I have to say that their Cupcakes of the Day completely changed my mind about cupcakes. And that this thread reminds me why I'll be starting a diet in the next few days in preparation for my April cruise. Fortunately for my waistband, the Coral has no IC, but even so....

As someone who has never been on a Princess cruise, can you please explain the International cafe? It sounds like it's sort of like the specialty area that RCI and Carnival has with pastries, coffee etc? Is it free, or is there a fee for items?

As someone who has never been on a Princess cruise, can you please explain the International cafe? It sounds like it's sort of like the specialty area that RCI and Carnival has with pastries, coffee etc? Is it free, or is there a fee for items?

A picture(s) worth a thousand words.....some of the treats...and they are all included in the cost of your cruise...

5440205642_70e46831f2_z.jpg

5480372762_59be1b648e_z.jpg

5425196029_1c3faa745d_z.jpg

(pics borrowed from Jasperdo)

Yum! Thanks for the pictures! I forgot how wonderful everything is. I can't wait to try other things on my next cruise. Loved the sandwiches and salads as well. BUT......

It's been 3 years since I've sailed with Princess and I STILL think about those warm cookies. Chocolate chip are my favorite. I would grab 2 or 3 every time I walked by. Probably had a dozen of them a day.:eek::D

HOLD ON, HOLD ON... I'm excited to try the salads but I'm talking about when you're walking past the IC and you spot the cookies, croissants, desserts etc. You realize than that you just can't help yourself to stop and get a little bite of.............

Mini cheesecakes. They are yummy and for some reason taste different to me than the regular sliced cheesecake in the dining room.

I think DH goes to the IC each morning more for the chocolate covered donuts (not available anywhere else on the ship) than for his morning brewed coffee. Usually one and many times two of these treats find their way on his plate!

A picture(s) worth a thousand words.....some of the treats...and they are all included in the cost of your cruise...

5440205642_70e46831f2_z.jpg

5480372762_59be1b648e_z.jpg

5425196029_1c3faa745d_z.jpg

(pics borrowed from Jasperdo)

I just love those little pistachio pudding bowls, though there're not so much a pudding, but so yummy.

Are any of these goodies available on the Island Princess? Gelato, perhaps?

Sadly, no. The Island and her twin sister, the Coral, don't have the International Cafe ever -- there's not enough room on these narrower ships to add it on. It's the only thumbs-down on what otherwise is the best ship in the fleet.

However, the Horizon Cafe buffet has lots of little desserts at lunchtime (and probably throughout the day but I'm not a between-meal snacker) that are very, very good. And plenty of cookies there, too. Gelato is always on the dining room menu. So you'll still have ample opportunities to sate that sweet tooth!

Oh, and my answer to the OP: the one thing I can't resist grabbing would be the warm chocolate chip cookie. My one violation of my firm no-snacking-between-meals routine.

OMG well as for actual meal type food, we LOVE the tomato-fresh mozzarella paninis.....YUM! And the Greek salad, soooo good! But as for treats, we loved so many things! Tiramisu, peanut butter cookies, and they had these roulades on random days in different flavors - blueberry roulade and coconut roulade, so good!

Gotta love that chicken salad! I also love the egg mcmuffin thing they make in the mornings-my breakfast of choice, along with some nice espresso and sometimes a chocolate croissant.

I have had a very good fruit-custard tart, and the tiramisu, but I like more savory than sweet at the IC.

Warm chocolate chip cookies and a glass of milk. We were walking by when they placed a tray of cookies in the display. At the same time there was a girl with a tray of milk passing them out to people who picked up some cookies. This was on the Golden.

Archived