Best Treat at the International Cafe???

gecko12

Is the IC small? Can anyone estimate how many persons it holds?

Can you put tables together so our gang of 12 can have a nice chocolate breakfast one morning? :D If we find enough seats that is.... :)

Thank you!

The seating area has some smaller tables in additionto various seating areas around the atrium and many times they have people at them, so I don't think it would be very easy for your group of 12 to comfortably sit together there. You could always get food from the International Cafe and take it elsewhere on the ship if you are looking for a place for everybody to sit together.

Is the IC small? Can anyone estimate how many persons it holds?

Can you put tables together so our gang of 12 can have a nice chocolate breakfast one morning? :D If we find enough seats that is.... :)

Thank you!

Does your ship have a Vines right across the Piazza from the IC? There is a "sharing" table there that would be perfect for your group, and you're welcome to sit there if Vines isn't open (and in the morning it wouldn't be).

To explain further (going by the Piazza on the Golden): the International Cafe is not a self contained eatery. It's a display case with the goodies, a counter where the server will place your item on a plate, and the coffee/tea counter. There's tables in the Piazza, and areas like giant planters where you can perch yourself, but much of the time you may have to take your food with you.

Thank you everyone for your opinions! Only a few weeks to go, I can't wait to try it all. Glad I lost a few pounds, I'm sure I'll be putting on twice that much.

Not a big deal I can find out soon enough but if you know....Can I give them my own thermal mug to put fresh coffee in? or do I have to waste one of their cups and pour it in myself?

Thank you everyone for your opinions! Only a few weeks to go, I can't wait to try it all. Glad I lost a few pounds, I'm sure I'll be putting on twice that much.

Not a big deal I can find out soon enough but if you know....Can I give them my own thermal mug to put fresh coffee in? or do I have to waste one of their cups and pour it in myself?

You can give them your own. If you have purchased the coffee card on that cruise, and thus have unlimited brewed coffee, it's no issue. If you are paying for a cup of brewed coffee, they may ask you to pay for a large instead of a regular (less than $1 more).

We had some not-so-smooth sailing on the Crown last week so I was awake at 4:30 or so. I'd head down to the IC, get my Coke (my coffee at sea) and one of the wonderful chocolate croissants and a chocolate donut. The crew knew me on sight! :)

I am in shock! Shock I tell you!!! For missing all this on the Ruby two years ago...oh sure we saw the IC and walked on by... but I had NO idea that they had chicken salad - and apparently highly recommended chicken salad! My fav.... I must check this out in three weeks on the Emerald. *sigh* See, it pays to read the CC boards more carefully. :D

Previously they had a very tasty Rueben sandwich which they'd toast on the panini grill but I haven't seen them on the Crown or Sapphire on any of our cruises during the past year. Recently on the Sapphire, everytime I went to the IC it was the same sandwiches & salads...all tasty but no more variety which was disappointing. :(

Are sandwiches and "real" food (not just desserts) served at the IC in the middle of the night?

My nephews are bound to be wandering around the ship at 2am :eek: !!! After some partying, I'm thinking they may want something substantial!

Thanks in advance!

I am in shock! Shock I tell you!!! For missing all this on the Ruby two years ago...oh sure we saw the IC and walked on by... but I had NO idea that they had chicken salad - and apparently highly recommended chicken salad! My fav.... I must check this out in three weeks on the Emerald. *sigh* See, it pays to read the CC boards more carefully. :D

This is very common. The first 4 or 5 days, the IC is usually slow. We normally eat breakfast (or a small version of brunch) and lunch at the IC. Then a snack before diner. The last 2-3 days, it suddenly gets rather busy. Word of mouth travels fast on board the ship.

• 3 weeks later...
Does the international cafe cost extra?

Not for most items. I think the only thing that costs extra is the gelato and if you get specialty coffees at the coffee bar next door, those will cost you extra.

It really is a nice, alternative venue to the buffet.:)

Looks like this might be your first Princess cruise. I hope you have a wonderful time.

Not for most items. I think the only thing that costs extra is the gelato and if you get specialty coffees at the coffee bar next door, those will cost you extra.

Looks like this might be your first Princess cruise. I hope you have a wonderful time.

Actually it will be chloedmom! I am very excited. We are sailing in December so I have a while to go. I am looking forward to it. I have sailed twice on carnival so I know that line a little better then this one. It is just I am trying to figure out how to get all the bang for my buck. I like a good deal, but who doesn't right?

This is embarrassing...but I'm among friends here. This is our 4th Princess cruise and I never knew the IC was free! :o :eek:

This is embarrassing...but I'm among friends here. This is our 4th Princess cruise and I never knew the IC was free! :o :eek:

Well, now you know! You've got something (else) to look forward to on the Crown in May. Have a great cruise! :)

Oh yeah! Gelato!!! at $1.50 for 3 big scoops, it's the bargain of the week! It is smooth and yummy no matter which flavor you choose. We sail in 3 days, and I'm already salivating over the gelato!

Archived