Which Luau should we choose??

pepsigirl64

:confused: I have read through some previous threads, but haven't gotten the information that I am looking for, so here I am posting this.......

Honolulu, where should I go for a luau?? I have PCC booked, but thinking about canceling due to the drive back. I would rather take a drive around Oahu the next day and see more. I have heard about Germaine's, Paradise Cove and hotel luau's.

What to do, what to do??? We will arrive on a Friday 8am and leave Saturday 11pm. So Friday would be the day.

Thanks, I appreciate any input! :D

More than likely would need to be Germaine's or Paradise Cove if you don't want to do PCC. Think they are the only ones that run daily. HHV, Royal Hawaiian, and Hale Koa are not on the day you will be available (Friday).

Check Halekulani Hotel, think they have some sort of Hawaiian show, but not a true luau. Have heard good things about it.

Since it is Friday, you might want to just do a nice beachside dinner and then see fireworks show (very short) at HHV.

ENJOY!

Pepsigirl,

Mastergator here. Had the same question and here's the deal. Pcc is rated best show but no alcohol....run by mormons. They do have a bus that will pick you up. Other choices are germaines or paradise cove. Both are not close to ship. There is nothing on Friday night on Waikiki. I am doing germaines....rated second and you get three drinks with price. Hawaiidiscounts.com saved me 16/pp. Germaines does have a free bus that leaves aloha tower at 4:45. It is 45-60 minutes from dock. Pcc is much more than luau if you have time. Anyway that is my story but thought I would share what my research turned up. If you are happy with pcc....just ask them about bus. If you are trying to avoid long trip to luau.....there is no choice if you want the a luau. Lots of choices if you dont need the luau....but that was a must for me.....so then it was just a choice of which of the three to choose. Germaines won that battle. We will be driving to north shore beaches Friday and will just drive to luau so I don't need the bus. Hope this helps.

Mg

:D Mastergator,

Thank you for the information. You have really helped with my decision, I was leaning that way but needed confirmation. This way we can tour the entire island the next day and not just see half of it.

Pepsigirl,

Mastergator here. Had the same question and here's the deal. Pcc is rated best show but no alcohol....run by mormons. They do have a bus that will pick you up. Other choices are germaines or paradise cove. Both are not close to ship. There is nothing on Friday night on Waikiki. I am doing germaines....rated second and you get three drinks with price. Hawaiidiscounts.com saved me 16/pp. Germaines does have a free bus that leaves aloha tower at 4:45. It is 45-60 minutes from dock. Pcc is much more than luau if you have time. Anyway that is my story but thought I would share what my research turned up. If you are happy with pcc....just ask them about bus. If you are trying to avoid long trip to luau.....there is no choice if you want the a luau. Lots of choices if you dont need the luau....but that was a must for me.....so then it was just a choice of which of the three to choose. Germaines won that battle. We will be driving to north shore beaches Friday and will just drive to luau so I don't need the bus. Hope this helps.

Mg

I went to the PCC luau last summer. I can't believe it was rated best show unless they were referring to the evening show, Ha: Breath of Life that takes place after the luau. That show is spectacular! We went to the PCC luau as part of a full-day package. I'm sorry to say that the food was so-so and the entertainment nothing special when compared to other luaus. If you take the available transportation from Waikiki and spend the day in the villages, and end with the Ha show, the luau is fine for an included way to eat dinner, but I would not travel all that way just for the luau.

:) Thank you for the information. I have decided to cancel the PCC luau, and booked the Luau at Germaines. They provide entertaining? transportation, so that alone should be an adventure. This will free up the next day to tour the entire island and not have to only see half of it if we went to PCC. YEAH!!!!

I was quoting the revealed book about PCC being highest rated...and they were referring to the show after the luau. They were pretty unimpressed with the food at all of these luaus. Smaller luaus on some of the other islands get higher marks but luau on Friday night is my only choice (as well as op, pepsigirl) due to ship overnighting in honolulu and leaving at 5 elsewhere. Since dw and dd insist on going to a luau, I am going with revealed book number two, germaines, as a compromise on time and they include mai tais.

Mg

Does anyone know what time the fireworks are at HHV? We are staying there, but plan to have dinner at House without a key first. Thanks.

We are staying there too. From what I read it's about 7:30. They are not very long but would be nice to see.

Pepsigirl.....one more tip I picked up from revealed book. At germaines you can get a larger souvenir glass for eight bucks....and they will refill that one three times.....I really am going for reasons other than the mai tais but they will go down well. Atleast you will have the bus driver take you home.....I am driving there so I will have to be a pretty good gator....but I can still handle three drinks over three hours.

Mg

We couldn't decide on a Luau so we are going to the Old Lahaina Luau on Maui and PCC on Oahu. We will be staying in Kaaawa on Oahu so PCC is just up the road. We decided we didn't want to drive 45-60 minutes home after a luau at Germaines or Paradise.

Archived