Platnium changes

What a joke! Carnival is making changes left and right to thier ships or routes, but still no changes (other than stopping privilages). Personally, I am getting really tired of waiting. I love Carnival and have taken many cruises with them. I think loyal Carnival cruisers deserve the same perks that other lines are giving thier loyal customers. Enough of the "we are gonna make some great changes to our loyalty program". Either change the loyalty program or quit saying that you are. At least we will quit waiting and go ahead and change to a cruise line that actually cares about thier loyal customers. Now I know a lot of you will say go ahead and change, nobody cares. I disagree. I think if we demand the changes to our platnium program, as a group, maybe Carnival will finally listen.

We're already Milestone and have taken mostly longer cruises so we'll be in the new top tier on September 1, 2012. This is supposed to be announced in the spring of this year. I can't wait to find out what the new perks are for the top tier. I hear they're supposed to be good.

This will be my fifth carnival cruise, and I have no idea what you are talking about? There's a loyalty program? What are the perks? If it takes too long to explain I'd appreciate a nudge in the right direction to find out. Thanks.

Where I live , we have a saying, either do something or get off the pot. I don't really care one way or another, but think it is somewhat ridiculous to say WE are coming out with a new program, but nothing ever changes. Is it possible it is a ploy to get us to book more cruises, because John Heald says if you are "close" you will be grandfathered ?

What a joke! Carnival is making changes left and right to thier ships or routes, but still no changes (other than stopping privilages). Personally, I am getting really tired of waiting. I love Carnival and have taken many cruises with them. I think loyal Carnival cruisers deserve the same perks that other lines are giving thier loyal customers. Enough of the "we are gonna make some great changes to our loyalty program". Either change the loyalty program or quit saying that you are. At least we will quit waiting and go ahead and change to a cruise line that actually cares about thier loyal customers. Now I know a lot of you will say go ahead and change, nobody cares. I disagree. I think if we demand the changes to our platnium program, as a group, maybe Carnival will finally listen.

I think you are dreaming when you think Carnival is going to give the same perks other lines give.. the other lines also cost more. I hope they wait .. and wait .. and wait.

My experience with RCL changing to days was not a plus.

I cant see why people want to change to counting days vs cruises. You really think its going to help you?? I dont.

I demand NO CHANGES .. Im happy counting # of cruises.

This will be my fifth carnival cruise, and I have no idea what you are talking about? There's a loyalty program? What are the perks? If it takes too long to explain I'd appreciate a nudge in the right direction to find out. Thanks.

Look on the Carnival website under FAQ's or just search on here. Plenty of info about it

Check the Carnival website for all the details, I don't want to get it wrong since folks will slam you on here.

Guest LoveMyBoxer

Never really understood why so many people on different lines are so loyal! We cruise for the ship and ports. Could care less about the perks, no matter what the line! If we want VIP treatment, we get a suite. Hate all of those who "expect" to be treated differently just because they have 10 cruises under their belt! PLEASE!:rolleyes:

I cruise because I love to cruise. If you are going to give me freebies, I'll take them. But if not, I'm still going to cruise!

I'm the same way. I am happy with CCL and I am a firm believer in "if it aint broke, don't fix it". I cruise with Carnival because I have not had a bad cruise yet and I like the product for the price. Not because I expect free things! :mad:

Never really understood why so many people on different lines are so loyal! We cruise for the ship and ports. Could care less about the perks, no matter what the line! If we want VIP treatment, we get a suite. Hate all of those who "expect" to be treated differently just because they have 10 cruises under their belt! PLEASE!:rolleyes:

It is nice that we get free laundry so we take half the luggage we used to. Getting on and off the ship first is also nice.

It does keep us coming back.

I disagree. I think if we demand the changes to our platnium program, as a group, maybe Carnival will finally listen.

You obviously didn't see Micky's response to all the loyal Carnival Cruisers who had negative comments about the name Sunshine.

Carnival doesn't care what we have to say ... As long as we aren't talking with our wallets.

We have a saying here .. don't wish too hard for something, .. you might just get it (and find it is worse than what you had before).

LIKE:)

Personally, with cruise #7 booked for summer - we are in NO hurry to change the current system. Please Carnival - let us get to 10!

OP, what privileges did Carnival take away?

We were getting petit fours one night and hor doerves another night. Now we just get a plate of desserts one night.

Used to get stationary with our names on it and now that is gone.

Believe one other thing went away but do not remember what it was.

We were getting petit fours one night and hor doerves another night. Now we just get a plate of desserts one night.

Used to get stationary with our names on it and now that is gone.

Believe one other thing went away but do not remember what it was.

I personally always thought it was funny to give food away as a "perk" on a cruise, as if there isn't already enough food!

I agree, it seems like things are being taken away. Many posts have reflected that. If they change it to 75 days, we will likely need 11 cruises to hit it. I just want the vip line at the desk and the free laundry!

Archived