Man gets prison time for dropping cruise ship's anchor

Swelldame

We haven't heard anything about that have we? I would have thought there would be a dandy one.

That assumes this idiot has any assets.

What's the sense of HAL going through the motions if in the end, he doesn't have much of anything?

That brings up the publicity question again. They don't need some news station reporting repeatedly how big cruise line goes after stupid drunken guest who 'made a mistake' or however they choose to present it.

I was on that cruise . . . and am very glad he didn't didn't get away with just a fine. But to clarify, we were NOT pulled out of bed in the middle of the night. DH and I were at breakfast about 7:30 when the stories began, and it wasn't until after our breakfast that all were mustered . . . and stood on a hot, sunny deck for about 30 minutes. A man in our group needed medical assistance. Maybe it would have been better to have been out there before the sun got so hot, but HAL took the time to determine the extent of the emergency before mustering everyone.

They should have tied him to an anchor and tossed the anchor overboard. Talk about a ridiculously light sentence. They should also give him an involuntary vasectomy so his obviously defective gene pool can not be passed on to the next generation. BTW - I was going to say involuntary castration but someone out there would probably say that it was a violation of his rights and also cruel and unusual punishment.

DON

I DO hope you're kidding?!

UMMM....I'm just going to say I've been waiting for word on this charge, and am glad to hear the report of its outcome.

I was a civil courtroom attorney. Opinion: HAL will sue this bozo when H-E-double-hockey-sticks freezes over, and the Guy in Charge wears ice skates.

The 'gentleman' who dropped the stern anchor on the Ryndam in November, 2010, has been sentenced to two months in a federal prison followed by two months 'at home', along with a $7500 fine and having to participate in substance abuse & mental health counselling!

Archived