Eurodam Baltics

VAtravelers100

We'll be on the 10-day Gems of the Baltic on the Eurodam this summer, and have a few questions about dining...

1. Will there be two formal nights, one on each sea day?
  2. We can reserve at Tamarind pre-cruise, right? And the charge is $15?
  3. We cannot reserve at Canaletto until on board, right? No charge. We'll plan to reserve there for both formal nights.
  4. Will Tamarind be open for lunch on both sea days? No charge? Is it possible to reserve seats pre-cruise? Do we need lunch reservations, or do you just walk in?
  5. If anyone has favorites that they order for breakfast room-service let me know! I'm trying to remember what I ordered in Alaska, and I think it was waffles with strawberries maybe? Or maybe eggs benedict? Whatever it was, I remember loving it.
  6. We want to bring some champagne and wine on board from Copenhagen, but are the prices in Copenhagen going to be so high that we should just purchase bottles on board for use in our cabins?
  7. Is the Master Chef Dinner gone now? Last time we made it a point to eat outside the main dining room on the last night of the cruise.

Thanks for any advice!

Tamarind should be open for lunch every day--no charge--reservations needed but sometime they take walkins. should be 3 formal nites-2 on sea days. Canaletto is reserved when you get on board. Do it right away. The whole ship is formal on formal nights. The usual menu though on Canaletto; fancier food in dining room.

Prices in Denmark and Sweden are very high-no Euro.. Finland does the Euro.

We'll be on the 10-day Gems of the Baltic on the Eurodam this summer, and have a few questions about dining...

1. Will there be two formal nights, one on each sea day?
  2. We can reserve at Tamarind pre-cruise, right? And the charge is $15?
  3. We cannot reserve at Canaletto until on board, right? No charge. We'll plan to reserve there for both formal nights.
  4. Will Tamarind be open for lunch on both sea days? No charge? Is it possible to reserve seats pre-cruise? Do we need lunch reservations, or do you just walk in?
  5. If anyone has favorites that they order for breakfast room-service let me know! I'm trying to remember what I ordered in Alaska, and I think it was waffles with strawberries maybe? Or maybe eggs benedict? Whatever it was, I remember loving it.
  6. We want to bring some champagne and wine on board from Copenhagen, but are the prices in Copenhagen going to be so high that we should just purchase bottles on board for use in our cabins?
  7. Is the Master Chef Dinner gone now? Last time we made it a point to eat outside the main dining room on the last night of the cruise.

Thanks for any advice!

We are planning on buying wine in Tallinn where the prices seem to be very reasonable

Thanks for the replies so far!

Swin - I had just started to wonder about purchasing in Tallinn, since Copenhagen is generally so expensive. Have you found any advice about where exactly to purchase? I did a search and found this info on a thread from years ago: There is a large shopping center right at the ship's pier called Norde Centrum. The address is Lootsy 7. A wine ship, Alkohol ja Tubakas.

I'd love to find more up to date information about purchasing wine/champagne in Tallinn...

Thanks for the replies so far!

Swin - I had just started to wonder about purchasing in Tallinn, since Copenhagen is generally so expensive. Have you found any advice about where exactly to purchase? I did a search and found this info on a thread from years ago: There is a large shopping center right at the ship's pier called Norde Centrum. The address is Lootsy 7. A wine ship, Alkohol ja Tubakas.

I'd love to find more up to date information about purchasing wine/champagne in Tallinn...

That was were I was looking. You can go on their website (I just did a google search) and see their prices. We are planning on stopping at the store before getting back on the ship

Archived