Celebrity shore excursion questions

gmros

It would be charged right away. The cut off for cancelling is either 24 or 48 hours before the excursion starts (forget which one). Be sure to also look into private excursions; I have found I am able to get significantly better quality excursions when booking privately - and end up saving money too.

I have done both kinds of excursions. Ship excursions can also be sold out for some of the tours once on board. But I have only done excursion in Europe. The ships guides are well qualified and very informative in visiting the site.

If the ship tour is late, the ship will wait for them.

But a good private guide will get you back in plenty of time too. There are some countires I would only do a ship tour. We did one in Moracco, and planning to take one in Guatemala.

If you book on-line and then end up canceling when onboard before the deadline they will credit your onboard account vs a credit on your credit card (unless of course you have a negative balance at the end of the cruise).

You can cancel online until something like 4 days before sailing date.

You can also cancel on board. The deadline will either be printed in info with the tickets or in the excursion listing left in your stateroom on embarkation day. The deadline is almost always sometime late afternoon to mid-evening the second night before your excursion. For example the cancellation deadline for a Wednesday excursion will be Monday afternoon or evening.

You can cancel online until something like 4 days before sailing date.

You can also cancel on board. The deadline will either be printed in info with the tickets or in the excursion listing left in your stateroom on embarkation day. The deadline is almost always sometime late afternoon to mid-evening the second night before your excursion. For example the cancellation deadline for a Wednesday excursion will be Monday afternoon or evening.

We just got off the Eclipse yesterday and did a ship's tour to Marigot. Interestingly enough, I noticed our pre-booked excursion ticket said it wasn't refundable.

Thank you everyone for your help and advice.

We just got off the Eclipse yesterday and did a ship's tour to Marigot. Interestingly enough, I noticed our pre-booked excursion ticket said it wasn't refundable.

Oh no! Now I'm confused. I tried to look at the Celebrity terms and conditions online, but it was vague. And the FAQs only has questions re: cancellation by the ship and/or the operator, not the passenger. Or maybe I'm just not seeing it. The Celebrity site sucks.

Posted using Tapatalk. Sorry for typing errors.

Oh no! Now I'm confused. I tried to look at the Celebrity terms and conditions online, but it was vague. And the FAQs only has questions re: cancellation by the ship and/or the operator, not the passenger. Or maybe I'm just not seeing it. ...

There are terms and conditions printed in the excursion booklet you can download from Celebrity's web site. If you read the fine print at the beginning the following is included in a section called "Refunds". The time that they "close ticket sales" is the deadline I was referring to in my post above:

Any refund request of prepaid excursions received by Celebrity Cruises 4 days prior to sailing will be made in full. Refund requests

made onboard after the Shore Excursion Office closes ticket sales for that particular port will not be accommodated.

The same language is included in the Terms and Conditions published in the FAQ's on Celebrity's web site: http://www.celebritycruises.com/footer/faqResults.do?faqSubjectName=Shore+%26+Land+Excursions&faqId=2007&faqSubjectId=85 but you'll need your fine print glasses to see it.

• 1 month later...
If I book excursions online prior to the cruise, when do I get the tickets? Are they delivered to the cabin? Thanks.

Yes, they will be delivered to your cabin.

Thank you everyone for your help and advice. Oh no! Now I'm confused. I tried to look at the Celebrity terms and conditions online, but it was vague. And the FAQs only has questions re: cancellation by the ship and/or the operator, not the passenger. Or maybe I'm just not seeing it. The Celebrity site sucks.

Some of the confusion is that not all ports and/or tours are exactly the same. Some, such as maybe a balloon flight, have a more limited numbers of seats or spots available. Some of their providers have or need certain minimum numbers to make things work. Others might have eight or nine buses going on the same tour, so they are more flexible about a few and/or later cancellations.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 78,246 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Archived