New balcony furniture on Caribe deck on Grand

Gettingwarmer

The post from Princess customer relations was very welcome. However, I also believe it has contributed to this thread moving off the first page at times. Until we get the actual corporate explanation of what will occur fleet wide, I think it should remain in first view. Thus, my post.

The post from Princess customer relations was very welcome. However, I also believe it has contributed to this thread moving off the first page at times. Until we get the actual corporate explanation of what will occur fleet wide, I think it should remain in first view. Thus, my post.

We booked our first cruise on Princess for an April sailing to Hawaii. We specifically chose a Caribe balcony (BA) because of the size and available furniture. I can only hope that Princess recinds it's earlier decision to remove the additional table and chairs.

That being said...back to the top for this thread!

I am having the same dilemma. Trying to decide whether I should cancel and book a Baja deck balcony. I know it would save me a lot of money. BTW I saw tables like the one we had on the Caribe deck on the Diamond at the local dollar store for $1. :(

I agree with this post...however I think we need to keep this topic front page until a decision is made. It must not be acknowledged then ignored. :confused:

We've read your comments regarding the new furniture on Caribe deck balconies, We appreciate your views, and we're currently taking them into consideration. Thank you for your patience as we review all your feedback.

Thanks for your response. We are sailing on the Star Princess 4/3/2012. With us will be 6 new cruisers.

We were hoping to open our two Caribe balconies and being able to share sail away from San Francisco on our balconies with our new cruising family. It would be lovely to have a decent size table and 4 chairs on each balcony!

We specifically booked the Caribe Deck knowing we would have the extra chairs and larger table for our family to share with us!

Cheers, Denise

We booked our first cruise on Princess for an April sailing to Hawaii. We specifically chose a Caribe balcony (BA) because of the size and available furniture. I can only hope that Princess recinds it's earlier decision to remove the additional table and chairs.

I am having the same dilemma. Trying to decide whether I should cancel and book a Baja deck balcony. I know it would save me a lot of money. BTW I saw tables like the one we had on the Caribe deck on the Diamond at the local dollar store for $1. :(

Thanks for your response. We are sailing on the Star Princess 4/3/2012. With us will be 6 new cruisers.

We were hoping to open our two Caribe balconies and being able to share sail away from San Francisco on our balconies with our new cruising family. It would be lovely to have a decent size table and 4 chairs on each balcony!

We specifically booked the Caribe Deck knowing we would have the extra chairs and larger table for our family to share with us!

Cheers, Denise

Please don't shoot the messenger....but those of you sailing in April should recognize that this change started occurring as far back as December...and apparently is still going on according to recent posts. Even if Princess made a decision today it will take time to order furniture and deploy it on all ships, a process that has taken at least four months to achieve in the current form. If your ship has already been reported as being re-fitted, and the number and type of balcony chairs are truly important to you, you may want to assess your cabin choices. That probably holds for any cruise in the next three to four months.:(

We've read your comments regarding the new furniture on Caribe deck balconies, We appreciate your views, and we're currently taking them into consideration. Thank you for your patience as we review all your feedback.

Thank you for your feedback. I believe the lack of comfortable furniture and a useful table will save us some money. We are sailing soon, on our ninth Princess Cruise, to celebrate our anniversary and were going to book the ultimate balcony dinner. With a small ashtray type only (ironic, isn't it?) table, we will not do so. We have always enjoyed our breakfast on our balcony, and have not minded paying extra for those BA cabins on Caribe or the minis on Dolphin. We have also booked our tenth Princess cruise in a mini for next Spring, but I believe we will back down to an oceanview. Those folks that are upgraded into unpurchased Caribe Deck balconies will be very happy. I do hope you can fix this problem. I am not threatening, we love Princess, but may have to go back to RCL to enjoy our balcony sailings again.

Thanks again for letting us know you read of our concerns.

Please don't shoot the messenger....but those of you sailing in April should recognize that this change started occurring as far back as December...and apparently is still going on according to recent posts. Even if Princess made a decision today it will take time to order furniture and deploy it on all ships, a process that has taken at least four months to achieve in the current form. If your ship has already been reported as being re-fitted, and the number and type of balcony chairs are truly important to you, you may want to assess your cabin choices. That probably holds for any cruise in the next three to four months.:(

Thanks, I realize that a change in less than two weeks most likely won't happen. You can always hope ;) We will make it work. On the happy side, I hear we have new mattresses!!!!!!

Cheers, Denise

That is a lovely attitude, Denise, stay positive. :)

Yes, Sitmarlvr1, the Crown was listed earlier in this thread as having been changed out. Also Grand, Star, Caribbean and Diamond were noted in this thread. There are two other threads from the last few days which may mention other ships. Ruby was noted in a review this week with new furniture as of March 11.

Understand where you are coming from and we will enjoy our Transatlantic cruise on the Grand in 2 weeks time:) but it is hard to assess the cabin choice when the cruise is sold out.

Our biggest issue was there was no written communication from Princess that these changes were being made, not saying that they should of written to every individual but they could of posted on their website.

As you stated that this started last November, if told then one would of then been able to assess the cabin choice before final payments had been made. We only found out earlier this month whilst on the Grand and many loyal customers were very angry that they did not find out until they got to their cabin.

Being a loyal Elite member who has done 6 Princess cruises in the last 20 months still think Princess cruises are great but their PR needs a lot to be desired.

Yes, lets keep this on the the first page. The more caribe deck fans that see this, will e-mail Princess and make them take this a item seriously.

We booked the same room we had last on the Ruby TA for this year. We will not be happy with the new furniture. We use our balcony a lot on the cruise. It is my quiet place to read and watch the ocean. If the new furniture remains we will not spent the extra money for a BA caribe cabin. Princess has made too many changes this last year and it is not for the good of the passengers. We are elite but now are looking at other cruise lines.

Yes' date=' lets keep this on the the first page. The more caribe deck fans that see this, will e-mail Princess and make them take this a item seriously.

We booked the same room we had last on the Ruby TA for this year. We will not be happy with the new furniture. We use our balcony a lot on the cruise. It is my quiet place to read and watch the ocean. If the new furniture remains we will not spent the extra money for a BA caribe cabin. Princess has made too many changes this last year and it is not for the good of the passengers. We are elite but now are looking at other cruise lines.[/quote']

I feel the same way ,while I love princess they are making too many changes.The FCC's / Caribe deck, I am disapointed in the way they are heading.:(

Time to start looking at other companies I am afraid. While I know they also do thngs people don't like they have not disapointed me yet! Or maybe time to look at some land vacations.

Reader

Yes, Sitmarlvr1, the Crown was listed earlier in this thread as having been changed out. Also Grand, Star, Caribbean and Diamond were noted in this thread. There are two other threads from the last few days which may mention other ships. Ruby was noted in a review this week with new furniture as of March 11.

The Coral was also done in January. Don't forget that the mini suites were reduced to two chairs and two footstools. They need two more chairs, also!

Thanks, I realize that a change in less than two weeks most likely won't happen. You can always hope ;) We will make it work. On the happy side, I hear we have new mattresses!!!!!!

Cheers, Denise

I agree with Denise. Unfortunately, being a new cruiser with Princess, I anticipated everything being as it was pictured when I booked the cruise (April 2011). Oh well....a lot less entertaining on the balcony....more private time for hubby and I! That being said...I really hope that Princess reconsiders. We are looking at a 48 South American cruise for 2014 on Princess, and I would love the other outside furniture for that lenght of cruise.

I agree with Denise. Unfortunately, being a new cruiser with Princess, I anticipated everything being as it was pictured when I booked the cruise (April 2011). Oh well....a lot less entertaining on the balcony....more private time for hubby and I! That being said...I really hope that Princess reconsiders. We are looking at a 48 South American cruise for 2014 on Princess, and I would love the other outside furniture for that lenght of cruise.

I hope they reconsider also,but enjoy your cruise either way!:)

Reader

I don't recall anyone mentioned the Emerald; or maybe I missed the posts? I will be on the Emerald in mid-April. I booked the BA Caribe balcony mainly because it is a TranaAtlantic cruise with 8 days at sea.

I hope they reconsider also,but enjoy your cruise either way!:)

Reader

Thank you for your good wishes. I have no doubt we will enjoy our cruise either way. I have never been on a 'bad' cruise...some are different from others...but all have been a wonderful experience!

Thank you for your good wishes. I have no doubt we will enjoy our cruise either way. I have never been on a 'bad' cruise...some are different from others...but all have been a wonderful experience!

That's a great philosophy about cruising and I feel exactly the same way. :D

I don't recall anyone mentioned the Emerald; or maybe I missed the posts? I will be on the Emerald in mid-April. I booked the BA Caribe balcony mainly because it is a TranaAtlantic cruise with 8 days at sea.
Cannot say what it is today, or what it will be on your TA, but as of March 17 it still had the four chairs on Caribe in the old style furniture.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=33035961&postcount=681

Dear ,

Thank you for choosing to sail again with Princess Cruises®. As one of our valued past passengers, we particularly appreciate that you are allowing us to provide you with another fantastic vacation experience.

We look forward to hosting you onboard Golden Princess on your January 16, 2013 sailing to Hawaii.

As always, your travel agent at XXXXX is your best source to answer any questions and provide suggestions on how to make the most of your upcoming vacation. We hope the information below will also help you get excited and get ready to escape completely. Keep an eye on your email inbox in the weeks ahead for at least three additional messages.

And remember, you can visit your Cruise Personalizer anytime for the latest information on your booking, voyage information, pre-reservations or Travel Summary.

Sincerely,

Alan Buckelew

President & CEO, Princess Cruises

Thanks you for the e-mail

I have been reading on Cruise Critic that Princess is changing the furniture on many of the Caribe balconies to include only 2 chairs and a much smaller table . As you can see,I have booked a BB on the Caribe deck. Is the furniture being changed on the Golden Princess before my cruise? It seems pointless to pay extra to book a stateroom with a larger balcony if the furniture on it is the same as the smaller ones.

A reply would be most appreciated.

Cannot say what it is today, or what it will be on your TA, but as of March 17 it still had the four chairs on Caribe in the old style furniture.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=33035961&postcount=681

It looks like you might get lucky with your cruise. Ours on the Emerald is not until next April. I do hope they leave the furniture alone.

We returned last month from the Crown, where we had booked a Caribe balcony cabin, as we have for the past several years. We were VERY disappointed to find 2 uncomfortable chairs and a tiny table. The seats on the chairs are too flat, rather than tilting upwards under your thighs to provide a comfortable seating position. Reclining the back only makes them more uncomfortable, and no place to rest your feet. Dining on the balcony meant putting the tray on the floor, coffee on the table and plates on our laps. We book Caribe because we travel with friends and we enjoy getting together on the balcony. It's one of the few places we can sit outdoors without the constant noise of MUTS, music and pool games. We mentioned all this on our survey, but of course have not had a response. We hope Princess is listening.

We returned last month from the Crown, where we had booked a Caribe balcony cabin, as we have for the past several years. We were VERY disappointed to find 2 uncomfortable chairs and a tiny table. The seats on the chairs are too flat, rather than tilting upwards under your thighs to provide a comfortable seating position. Reclining the back only makes them more uncomfortable, and no place to rest your feet. Dining on the balcony meant putting the tray on the floor, coffee on the table and plates on our laps. We book Caribe because we travel with friends and we enjoy getting together on the balcony. It's one of the few places we can sit outdoors without the constant noise of MUTS, music and pool games. We mentioned all this on our survey, but of course have not had a response. We hope Princess is listening.

Sad indeed. We sail in 20 days on the Star to Hawaii. BA Caribe, and in September, Star, BA Caribe to Mexico. I don't really expect a solution prior to sailing, if ever.

I am truly bummed! :(

Archived