New balcony furniture on Caribe deck on Grand

Gettingwarmer

We've read your comments regarding the new furniture on Caribe deck balconies, We appreciate your views, and we're currently taking them into consideration. Thank you for your patience as we review all your feedback.

Thank you! Please consider all the balcony furniture for all balconies - not just the Caribe deck balconies. I really don't think most people will like having the smaller table which barely accommodates a plate and drink (let alone 2 people's) on their balcony.

Instead of doing the logical thing and putting the larger table back on the balcony, Princess will either

A) Secure the table to the floor so it can't be moved

B) Remove it altogether

:D

They'd better use security head screws because my Leatherman has an assortment of screwdriver bits to remove them. :rolleyes:

We've read your comments regarding the new furniture on Caribe deck balconies, We appreciate your views, and we're currently taking them into consideration. Thank you for your patience as we review all your feedback.

Thanks for posting & it's nice to know that our concerns are being evaluated. :)

Thank you for your reply and I hope you find a solution to our complaints.

I book the Caribe deck balcony for the size, for the 4 chairs and the large table.

As I said in my e-mail to customer service and the President, I like having the 2 extra chairs to use as a leg rest and also for entertaining our friends and not having to drag out the desk chair and club chair from our room. We enjoy breakfast every morning on our balcony and like that the large table fits all of our food and that the steward can put the tray right down on top of it and leave. I pay extra for this balcony and I don't mind if this is what I am getting.

I hope you understand how unhappy we are with these new changes. I also think the smaller tables for the other balconies are not very suitable either...yes they take up less room on the smaller balconies but don't hold too much of anything so are really kind of useless.

I hope to see my Caribe balcony in November on the Island, just the way I usually see my Caribe balcony, 4 chairs and a large table.

Corinne

p.s. the painted floor is not a plus either but I can live with putting towels down on it...it is the furniture I have a complaint about!

Many thanks for responding to our concerns, it is really appreciated, just hope the consideration and reinstatement of the chairs/larger table is completed before our Transatlatic crossing on the Grand in just over 2 weeks time, nothing better than sitting with friends and a drink watching the wake from our corner aft cabin:)

John & Margaret

Thank you. But please do not limit your review to the situation on the Caribe Deck. Stripping the mini-suites of 2 additional chairs should also be reconsidered, especially given that those cabins are the ones most likely to be occupied by more than two people.

Thank you for your response, it's great to know that you are reading our posts and we really hope you will be able to reverse the decision on Caribe balconys.

Thank you, Thank you, Princess! I can't wait to see our Caribe balcony when we sail in just 3 weeks on the Star, from SF bound for Hawaii. ALOHA !!

Thanks for your attention to this. I know this thread was started about Caribe deck furniture, but I hope you look at the need for comfortable furniture on all balconies. The balcony experience, no matter what category, is an important part of the cruise to many of us. Thanks, again.

I will be on the grand next week but i dout i will have the large table on caribe deck the wife and I spend a lot of time there:(

Ask the cabin steward, will be interesting to hear his/her response;), according to posts on here, that is all you need to do from what CS at HO have stated:eek:

Thank you for responding to this thread. I noticed Princess Public Relations has been a member of Cruise Critic since 2005 and have only posted 10 times, in 7 years.

Since Cruise Critic members have proven to be a large, loyal and organized slice of your customer base, it would be appropriate and appreciated to see more comments, more often. I strongly believe, Princess can help better resolve some issues on this forum, than is currently being unresolved thru the mail.

Thank you. But please also post the company's resolution when decided as to what we are to expect in balcony deck furniture and flooring. Until I know, I cannot make future reservations (and I have four future cruise credits waiting to be used!).

Thank you for your response. I am hopeful you will inform us shortly of your favourable decision.

After convincing a family member to join us for their first cruise in January 2013, and after confirming with your TA that there are four chairs and a larger table on the Caribe balcony, we changed our existing booking from a BE on the Baja deck to a BB on the Caribe deck. We were willing to pay the extra money for the pleasure to have family spend time with us on the larger balcony with adequate furniture.

Very nice to see you are at least listening to our concerns:)

Please restore our balconies to the way we love them !!!:)

Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princess Cruises

Thank you for responding. As a loyal Princess customer -6th cruise coming up in October 2012 (14 day Golden to Hawaii) we find that we have enjoyed our balcony more on each cruise we have taken. We deliberately booked the Caribe deck for this upcoming cruise based on prior observation. This is our first Caribe deck balcony, and we are very excited about it. Hopefully, your decision to replace 4 chairs and a dining height table with 2 chairs and a kiddie height table will be rescinded by then.

We are also considering a transatlantic with friends. An extended balcony with 4 chairs would make our voyage that much more special.

Thank you again for taking this under consideration.

Thanks for your attention to this. I know this thread was started about Caribe deck furniture, but I hope you look at the need for comfortable furniture on all balconies. The balcony experience, no matter what category, is an important part of the cruise to many of us. Thanks, again.

Also the issue of removing the blue mats & having only a painted balcony deck which may cause falls when slippery from moisture & possibly increased liability for Princess. :(

To Princess Cruises,

As a Platinum cruiser coming up to our 12th cruise in a Caribe Deck balcony, please count me in the group of customers who will be VERY unhappy if you do not rescind this balcony furniture decision.

We purposely book a Caribe Deck balcony for the extra furniture and space and want to be able to dine out there and entertain. With only 2 chairs and a tiny little table, we will be very uncomfortable and unhappy and might reconsider Princess as our cruiseline of choice...

Also the issue of removing the blue mats & having only a painted balcony deck which may cause falls when slippery from moisture & possibly increased liability for Princess. :(

While I disliked the blue paint flooring on the Grand balconies, it should be noted that the surface is an epoxy paint with a sanded texture, it is not slippery when wet. Or at least not any more slippery than the textured mats.

While I disliked the blue paint flooring on the Grand balconies, it should be noted that the surface is an epoxy paint with a sanded texture, it is not slippery when wet. Or at least not any more slippery than the textured mats.

Thanks...I was hoping they'd use a non-slip type of paint but it was impossible to know from a photo. Did the painted deck get hotter than a rubber mat?

I don't think I was on it when it had been sunny for a while...I do not remember it being really hot or too hot to walk on. But then again, it was always too dirty to walk or stand on. Salt, sand, grime every day. I gave up washing it off on my own as every night the sea spray and/or wash down left piles of sand in the corners and gutters. I do recall thinking that it looked like they randomly scattered handfuls of sand over the freahly painted surface, as parts were more textured than others.

I don't think I was on it when it had been sunny for a while...I do not remember it being really hot or too hot to walk on. But then again, it was always too dirty to walk or stand on. Salt, sand, grime every day. I gave up washing it off on my own as every night the sea spray and/or wash down left piles of sand in the corners and gutters. I do recall thinking that it looked like they randomly scattered handfuls of sand over the freahly painted surface, as parts were more textured than others.

Thanks again for sharing your experiences. :)

Although Elite, I've only had a couple of years experience with Caribe balconies and I'm wondering if the mats were added somewhere along the way because of the dirty balconies? And now they are removing the mats. Have we come full circle? :confused:

Interesting thought, but I believe mats were always on the balconies on all the grand class ships. (have not been on the smaller ones). However, on the Grand only, they were removed during the Skywalkers-Ectomy. At first, the word was that they would be replaced. Then after a few weeks/months went by with no replacements, we started hearing that pax were told the mats were removed because of "weight" issues.

I am not sure I buy that reasoning, but that is what Princess said. AFAIK, there are no plans to remove them from the other ships, nor is there another Skywalkers-Ectomy planned, so maybe it really is a fault of the original design and weight factors.

Archived