New balcony furniture on Caribe deck on Grand

Gettingwarmer

Has anyone had a reply to their emails from customer service or Mr Buckelew yet? Thanks.

Received a computer generated acknowledgement on one to customer relations. Tried 3 times to send one to Mr Buckelew, each time received a message "stack overflow at line 158". Assume this means his inbox is overflowing. Does anyone know and has anyone else received this message? Am considering sending Mr Buckelew a regular letter; you know, with an envelope and stamp. Gotta keep those postal employees employed.

Well, I just went over to MY PRINCESS and checked off to have a shower stool placed in our cabin.(in the cc_mp_onboard_title.gif) At least with that stool....one of us can have a foot rest on the balcony! If they don't have it there waiting for us...then I will request it from our room steward and since he is bringing one...I will just ask him to bring us two!

Now I just need an idea for a larger table. I know we can bring the inside cocktail table out to the balcony, but that would be a pain in the butt every morning. GEZZZZZZZZ this is ridiculous!

Well, I just went over to MY PRINCESS and checked off to have a shower stool placed in our cabin.(in the cc_mp_onboard_title.gif) At least with that stool....one of us can have a foot rest on the balcony! If they don't have it there waiting for us...then I will request it from our room steward and since he is bringing one...I will just ask him to bring us two!

Now I just need an idea for a larger table. I know we can bring the inside cocktail table out to the balcony, but that would be a pain in the butt every morning. GEZZZZZZZZ this is ridiculous!

If we do not get a decent size table, we too will bring the cocktail table onto the balcony but will leave it there for the duration of our cruise and will instruct the cabin steward not to put it back inside:mad:

If we do not get a decent size table, we too will bring the cocktail table onto the balcony but will leave it there for the duration of our cruise and will instruct the cabin steward not to put it back inside:mad:

The only problem with that I can see....your steward will probably tell you he/she HAS to bring it in for safety reason, since the table has glass on it...in the event the ship experiences high seas during the night, etc.

If nothing else, this thread will hopefully catch the eye of a few Princess suits who will now see very clearly that they really missed the mark on the new recategorization design. The popularity of these Caribe deck balcony staterooms just begs to have them retitled, "Deluxe Balcony Stateroom", and a substantial upcharge applied.

Has any Princess cruiser ordered the Ultimate Balcony Dining using the “new improved” balcony furnishings? If so, how did it work. No, we are not in a suite or a mini. We’re thinking maybe we should cancel the anniversary one we have scheduled on the Coral full transit in April. Thanks.

I love it! that's what I'm going to do as well. It does seem strange that I'm the only one who actually received a phone call from Princess.

How long will it take I wonder for Princess to undo this mess. I am not sure whether to downgrade from BB to BD (Bala), 2 balconies on 7 day Caribbean new year cruise followed by 7 fay Grand cruise 5 Jan, would save $960, just wanted the larger balcony so 3 children could join us for Breakfast on balconies of their Parents and Grandparents. If we cannot do that might as well save the money for other memories. What can you do with all that space if no furniture to fill it -YOGA!! Princess you are going to lose a whole lot of money, act quickly PLEASE

Very creative idea. I'll have to remember that

Received a computer generated acknowledgement on one to customer relations. Tried 3 times to send one to Mr Buckelew, each time received a message "stack overflow at line 158". Assume this means his inbox is overflowing. Does anyone know and has anyone else received this message? Am considering sending Mr Buckelew a regular letter; you know, with an envelope and stamp. Gotta keep those postal employees employed.

I've tried using 'snail mail' when sending a commendatory letter to Mr. Buckelew but never received any acknowledgement indicating that the employees would receive it.

Whenever I've emailed Mr. Buckelew, the response I get is from Customer Relations. If you were unable to send him an email due to a full inbox, then it may be because of a big response. In that case they may only count how many letters are arriving from unhappy passengers.

I think that it's only a select few of VIP super repeat passengers who actually receive a reply from his office. It appears that way based on those on CC who say they have been contacted by his office. Or maybe Customer Relation's is being tricky & saying they're from his office. ;)

Either way, it's nice to receive some acknowledgement; however in this situation our letters may be just another check mark on a list of those who are very unhappy about this 'downgrade'.

Love the shower stool idea. Let us know when you solve the table dilemma.

Same question but in regards to the Balcony Breakfast. Has anyone had the breakfast served on the new mini table, or was a larger table provided?

All the breakfast goodies just fit on the old, larger sized table if I remember correctly.

Cruzn Elm - "stack overflow at line 158" sounds like a computer program error. I think it has less to do with his inbox and more to do with a software bug. Snail mail - real letter with a stamp - sounds like your better course of action.

My issue is not going barefoot but the balcony gets slippery when wet..water puddled there and remained there during our cruise Jan 21-Feb 4. We also asked for footstools, extra chair and were told there was no extras!

I Beg Your Pardon???? No EXTRAS??? When we booked our cabin on Caribe (we sail on the Star next month) we relied on previous experience...two lounge chairs, two straight chairs, a large table and....a deck mat.

And now.....two pseudo lounge chairs, a tiny table, no mat??? " No Extras???"

I just want to cry! :(

My issue is not going barefoot but the balcony gets slippery when wet..water puddled there and remained there during our cruise Jan 21-Feb 4. We also asked for footstools, extra chair and were told there was no extras!

I Beg Your Pardon???? No EXTRAS??? When we booked our cabin on Caribe (we sail on the Star next month) we relied on previous experience...two lounge chairs, two straight chairs, a large table and....a deck mat.

And now.....two pseudo lounge chairs, a tiny table, no mat...

And, Princess says, " No Extras" ???

I just want to cry! :(

On our last trip since we never use the two other chairs & hardly use the table most days in order to have more room on the balcony I stacked the chairs & table on top of one another in a corner. Each morning after cleanup the cabin steward would always have them rearranged back in their regular position. I really believe he'll bring the table back inside each day. You'll have to drag the table back out as needed each day. :(

On our last trip since we never use the two other chairs & hardly use the table most days in order to have more room on the balcony I stacked the chairs & table on top of one another in a corner. Each morning after cleanup the cabin steward would always have them rearranged back in their regular position. I really believe he'll bring the table back inside each day. You'll have to drag the table back out as needed each day. :(

Fine, but it will certainly make him/her think about trying to get us the extra chair/footstall then wouldn't have to use the very small table as the footrest:(., so would not then need the cabin table.

Will find out in just over 2 weeks when we are on the Grand Transatlantic crossing:)

I've just had the following reply to my email re the new furniture on the Caribe balconys....it doesn't make a great deal of sense!!:confused: It was Princess in Southampton, UK that I emailed.

Good Morning

Thank you for your email.

I can only refer you to the cabin steward for extra balcony furniture. I cant see you have any problems asking for additional furniture (subject to availability) for you balcony cabin. As with all cabins you also have an extra chair in your room which can be used on the balcony.

I have also checked in the brochure and can see that the picture for a balcony cabin now only has 2 chairs and a table which would lead me to believe that the previous occupiers had requested this and the cabin steward had not removed before you embarked.

I hope this information has helped answer your enquiry and look forward to welcoming you on board soon.

Kind regards

Edd

Princess Cruises

I've just had the following reply to my email re the new furniture on the Caribe balconys....it doesn't make a great deal of sense!!:confused: It was Princess in Southampton, UK that I emailed.

Good Morning

Thank you for your email.

I can only refer you to the cabin steward for extra balcony furniture. I cant see you have any problems asking for additional furniture (subject to availability) for you balcony cabin. As with all cabins you also have an extra chair in your room which can be used on the balcony.

I have also checked in the brochure and can see that the picture for a balcony cabin now only has 2 chairs and a table which would lead me to believe that the previous occupiers had requested this and the cabin steward had not removed before you embarked.

I hope this information has helped answer your enquiry and look forward to welcoming you on board soon.

Kind regards

Edd

Princess Cruises

Idiots! That's because the brochure does not show the Caribe balcony seperately and I presume you named this in your email. As many have said before the people at these places do not know exactly what the ships are like as they have not sailed in all the different ships and staterooms.

Patsy, thanks for sharing the Princess response. I got the same answer in January when I wrote Customer Relations. I have since written Mr Buckelew and advised that asking the room steward for extra chairs, based on availability, does not work. My room steward insisted 4 chairs were for mini suites only and refused our request! Other posters on this board have had similar experiences. This is too easy and pat an answer for Princess to give. Lets hope Princess changes their tune after all our emails.

Gettingwarmer: Yes I did mention Caribe specifically & quoted that we'd stayed in one previously & enjoyed eating breakfast/lunch on our balcony!!

I also quoted comments (annonymously) from this forum regarding room stewards saying extra furniture was only for mini suites etc.

Lets hope Princess get fed up with all the emails & do something about it soon;)

Fine, but it will certainly make him/her think about trying to get us the extra chair/footstall then wouldn't have to use the very small table as the footrest:(., so would not then need the cabin table.

Will find out in just over 2 weeks when we are on the Grand Transatlantic crossing:)

There's going to be lots of people doing the same thing. I wonder what that table is going to look like after a season of cruising. :p

There's going to be lots of people doing the same thing. I wonder what that table is going to look like after a season of cruising. :p

Instead of doing the logical thing and putting the larger table back on the balcony, Princess will either

A) Secure the table to the floor so it can't be moved

B) Remove it altogether

:D

We've read your comments regarding the new furniture on Caribe deck balconies, We appreciate your views, and we're currently taking them into consideration. Thank you for your patience as we review all your feedback.

Archived