MDR Table Layout

Does anyone know if there is a chart or layout for tables in the Main Dining Room?

I'd like to request a table for a certain number of people by one of the windows. Should I just send an e-mail and hope for the best?

Thanks!

Does anyone know if there is a chart or layout for tables in the Main Dining Room?

I'd like to request a table for a certain number of people by one of the windows. Should I just send an e-mail and hope for the best?

Thanks!

Seems with any special requests e-mailing or calling would be the easist way to do this.

I also wanted to say what a cute Corgi! I have one myself - she is just over a year now, playful little angle ;)

I adore these dogs. They are so friendly and outgoing. They also love "couch time", too!

That is so true - she comes in from outside and fly's up on the couch ... :rolleyes: when my DD tries to move her she'll growl a little but very friendly & loving, she just wants to snuggle. ;)

Corgi, we always request a specific size table and location. I can tell you that they ignore it more than they get it right. We go to the MDR every time now and check the table and get it moved if it's not right. They are always at least pretty good at fixing it. I've even given them exact table numbers and specific instructions like "Deck 3 in the middle of the room" and we'll end up on Deck 5 shoved in a corner. I realize they can't accommodate everyone but with so many doing MTD and with us having been Diamond (now D+ so maybe it will improve?) it amazes me how they almost do the opposite of what we ask. Last time they shoved 7 of us at a table that clearly could only hold a cozy 5. Thankfully, our waiter switched tables the second night so we had a little more room!

We have been lucky to be at a window for all cruises except the previous one. We always check our table assignment as soon as we're on board, and we asked to have it changed when we saw it was stuck out in the middle. We were changed with no issues. However, unless you're going to Alaska (it stays light) or doing the early dining, it will be dark out the windows and you won't have anything to actually see. I always seem to forget this, alwas get excited for our window table, and then remember DUH when I see the darkness. Ha!

We usually cruise with a group of 10 or 12 and always ask for a table large enough to seat all of us. We always ended up in the middle of the room but we didn't care where we sat so it didn't matter. On our last cruise we thought it would be nice to sit by a window for a change so we requested a table for 10 next to a window. That's exactly what we got! We usually book about a year in advance and make our table request at that time. Maybe the earlier you request it, the better your chances are of getting it?

If you are linked to a D+ you should almost certainly receive a choice table. We were with D+ members in Alaska (total of 11 of us) and had the best table in the entire dining room, in my opinion, center and widow.

We were told by RCCL that they don't even look at dining for a particular sailing until 60 days prior to departure. That is the soonest they can start doing table assignments. I would suggest contacting rcldining@rccl.com at that time to submit your request.

If I remember correctly, the Matre D' is available starting at 1:00pm for doing table requests. That should be your first stop after getting lunch in the Windjammer. Plan on being at least 45 minutes early, as the line can get pretty long. Regardless of what you may be told from RCCL, if you really want a table by a window, double check as early as you can to make sure you got what you want.

I booked a last minute cruise and contacted rcldining@rccl.com to request a table for 2 pretty much resigned that my request won't be honored. I just got a lovely email confirming my request with my actual table assignment.

I did the same thing a few weeks before sailing the Liberty. I got a nice email stating that my request was honored, about two days after sending the email. We got our table to ourselves (late dining, party of 3), next to a window :)

Your D+ member can request one table anywhere you want. RCCL have been great about this. Just call on the D+ line and request it about three weeks prior to departure.

Crusin Nut

Do you have a number for this D plus line or do you mean to call the Crown & Anchor desk? If there is an actual D plus line, I am D plus and would love to have this number to request seating in the MDR. Thanks!:)

It might be dark outside when you dine, especially if you have late dining. So you might not have a view even if you have a window.
This is correct.

We had MTD and ate each night around 7:15 - 7:30. We had the same 2 person table by the window and had awesome views of sunset. But by the time we were done and late seating was gearing up, it was dark outside.

It might be dark outside when you dine, especially if you have late dining. So you might not have a view even if you have a window.
Of course that depends on when and where you're cruising. If you are in Alaska or Scandinavia in the summer you'll have daylight for the midnight buffet (if they still did one).;)

I did the same thing a few weeks before sailing the Liberty. I got a nice email stating that my request was honored, about two days after sending the email. We got our table to ourselves (late dining, party of 3), next to a window :)
I don't know what I'm going to do now that you're winding down your report. You need to take another cruise, but fast! But I leave on my next one on Saturday (Voyager) so that can tide me over in the meantime.

We had late dining, I was able to see the moon reflecting on the water a couple nights. Worth it to me :)

I don't know what I'm going to do now that you're winding down your report. You need to take another cruise, but fast! But I leave on my next one on Saturday (Voyager) so that can tide me over in the meantime.

Haha! I do need to take another cruise! You're sailing way before me, enjoy the Voyager!:D

Archived