Cruiser Newbie and Neptune Lounge

JulesBee

Ok...My daughter and I are going on our first cruise together on the Oosterdam. We are heading to Alaska on June 10th. I was on the Westerdam when I was 17 but that was a looong time ago. My daughter will be almost 13 when we sail.

Of my gazzillion questions, I have one on the Neptune Lounge. We were booked in one of the aft rooms and I just recently upgraded to an aft suite with the wrap-around verandah. I noticed on the amentities list that the Neptune Lounge would be open to us. What I'm wondering is if there is an age limit for the Lounge or if my daughter will be able to use it as well.

I hear 'lounge' and immediately think adults...but nothing I've read on the HAL site states that kids aren't welcome. If anyone can give me some clarification I'd sure appreciate it.

Thanks a ton and a half!

Jules

Since they don't serve liquor, that is not a problem. While I didn't see any children in the lounge when we were aboard the Amsterdam, I don't remember any comments about age requirements. It is really just an interior space of maybe two cabins, with some comfortable seating, some food (according to time of day), some coffee, tea, etc., a few magazines, and a concierge to take care of any issues for you.

You would likely get a better answer on the Holland America board on the "Cruise Lines A-O" section.

Ok...My daughter and I are going on our first cruise together on the Oosterdam. We are heading to Alaska on June 10th. I was on the Westerdam when I was 17 but that was a looong time ago. My daughter will be almost 13 when we sail.

Of my gazzillion questions, I have one on the Neptune Lounge. We were booked in one of the aft rooms and I just recently upgraded to an aft suite with the wrap-around verandah. I noticed on the amentities list that the Neptune Lounge would be open to us. What I'm wondering is if there is an age limit for the Lounge or if my daughter will be able to use it as well.

I hear 'lounge' and immediately think adults...but nothing I've read on the HAL site states that kids aren't welcome. If anyone can give me some clarification I'd sure appreciate it.

Thanks a ton and a half!

Jules

Not all "lounges" are bars. I think, in this case, lounge means like a club room.

:)

Guest LoveMyBoxer

Our Son who is now 12 was allowed into the Neptune Lounge any time he wanted. It is just a large room with sofas, desks, TV, drink area and food area. She can go and get snacks, juice or anything else she wants any time the lounge is open.

Thanks a ton and a half!

Jules

Your daughter will be permitted in Neptune Lounge.

The only time there is liquor served is when they have a Suite Guests Party such as Suite Welcome Aboard. Your daughter is welcome to attend but, of course, would not be served alcohol. There will be soft drinks offered if she would like one. :)

Neptune Lounge is great. We always enjoy it but you'll find it is a fair distance from your stern cabin to Neptune. Your coffee will be cold if you try to carry it back to sip on your veranda. :)

Archived