Pre-paid tips..

zenjenn

So far we have the "pre-paid tip" plan..

But I am curious - does this impact (positive or negative) the service you receive on a cruise? Do the staff members have awareness that you pre-paid tips and are not just stiffing them?

So far we have the "pre-paid tip" plan..

But I am curious - does this impact (positive or negative) the service you receive on a cruise? Do the staff members have awareness that you pre-paid tips and are not just stiffing them?

My personal opinion is it does not change their service level. They also have to deal with the customer service surveys that every cruise does after the cruise, as well as individual comment cards passengers complete, good and bad. Bad surveys/cards can cause demotions (sometimes to a non tipping position) ...or loss of job/future contracts.

No, it won't affect your service at all. Since the persons you're tipping do NOT get the tips until the cruise is over, you can still reduce or remove tips, if needed. But...it won't be needed, because you are going to get fabulous service! And, some folks will "forget" what they've paid already in tips, and tip additionally....the crew is hoping for just that and will work hard so that you feel they deserve more than what you've already paid.

Doesn't matter WHICH mass-market cruiseline....the above applies!

Archived