Is There a Ferry to Nassau or Atlantis?

asbobseesit

Is there a Ferry or something similar from the U.S. to Nassau, and return, maybe a few days later?

We do not fly and would like to book a few days at Atlantis.

We visited Atlantis for a couple of hours when we were on a cruise a few years ago and really enjoyed it.

I've tried searching the internet and it appears there was a service a few years ago and now it seems that the Nassau powers that be may be trying to twist peoples arms into using the airlines.

it appears there was a service a few years ago and now it seems that the Nassau powers that be may be trying to twist peoples arms into using the airlines.

Sorry, but I strongly disagree. Yes there was a company that tried to run a fast ferry from Florida to Nassau and it failed.

The problem is simple.

- You can not sail a straight line from a Florida port to Nassau due to water depth. So you have 200 miles to cover. Not so much to fly, but what if you have to walk?

- a FAST boat is on the order of 30 miles per hour . . . that means the trip is 6 plus hours. A 'standard' boat at 15 mph (or less) is a 12 hour trip . . .

-a jet doing this trip . . . you spend more time in the boarding process then you do in the air.

The company that tried to run a fast ferry from Fl to Nassau went out of business FAST

responding to a post and I did not know of this so . . . .

Bahamas celebration might work ... but it is not a ferry

Yes there is such a service google Bahamas celebration it goes out of west palm beach

No, Cloud X (the fast ferry service) has been out of business for a long time. It did go from W Palm Beach to Nassau. Bahamas Celebration only goes to Grand Bahama, not Nassau. Grand Bahama is quite far from Nassau and there is no ferry service between the two.

Capt BJ is right; it's an inexpensive, less than one hour flight from Florida.

There used to be a party boat that sailed from Port Everglades to Nassau for two night trips. I haven't noticed it lately when we've been in FLL but that might be something to look into.

Maybe now that you have posted this, people will believe it :).

A big part of the problem is that US immigration and customs is done in the bahamas.. and the US does NOT want to man the port,. Until there is an agreement between the US immigration and the port authority.. we won't have a ferry from US to Nassau.

Some cruise lines do an overnight stop. You would need to check under the 3-4 day cruises. I have not heard of any that stay more than overnight.

carnival Imagination will get you there 10am and you depart 7 am following day.

bahamas celebration gives you the option to stay 2-3 days at Lucayan Resort.

There are some good hotel deals for bahamas on groupon and halfoff depot. Maybe the hotel savings can make the airfare less of a strain.

Some cruise lines do an overnight stop. You would need to check under the 3-4 day cruises. I have not heard of any that stay more than overnight.

carnival Imagination will get you there 10am and you depart 7 am following day.

bahamas celebration gives you the option to stay 2-3 days at Lucayan Resort.

There are some good hotel deals for bahamas on groupon and halfoff depot. Maybe the hotel savings can make the airfare less of a strain.

Thanks for the comments. I guess that clears things up.

As for the comments about cheap airfares, I guess some people missed my comment that we do not fly.

A big part of the problem is that US immigration and customs is done in the bahamas.. and the US does NOT want to man the port,. Until there is an agreement between the US immigration and the port authority.. we won't have a ferry from US to Nassau.

Thank you for that information; I didn't know the reason, just that there wasn't service.

Yes, OP, I noted you didn't fly.

New service between Ft. Lauderdale and Grand Bahama Island,

https://www.ferryexpress.com/wps/portal/comercial/home_us_en?estrecho=3&resetPortlet=true

You can go over, stay a while, then come back later.

Trouble is.. OP wants to go to the Atlantis.. which is on Paradise isalnd.. about 100 miles away by sea.

And there are no ferries between the two islands. Mailboats run 2x a week.. between nassau and Freeport and take about 9 hours each way. Very inconvenient and unreliable schedule.

Archived