Need reassurance

shoesonfire

For the first time we opted for reasonable cruise air with our Azamara cruise in October round trip out of Barcelona. We depart Houston and were aware of no deviations, except we could arrive day early by using their hotel. What a shock to hear the only hotel offered is very very pricey. Customer service advises there are no other hotel choices and won't be. Hard to believe 7 mos out! Are we foolish to think that Azamara will arrange flights for us to arrive on time? Is there a possibility that other hotels may be listed in coming months? Our only option is Choice Air -- but that could increase our costs a lot too.

The motto is 3 part. 1) Alway fly in at least one day in advance. For Europe, maybe 2 or 3 days. 2) Don't use cruise line air. It is rarely the best deal. 3) Don't use cruise line hotels or transfers. You have a better chance of winning the lottery than getting a good deal on cruise line transfers and hotels.

Good advice above. Forget purchasing your airline tickets from Celebrity. My view is that the Celebrity agents booking your flights are not any better than you will be booking your own.

Looks like you've been around cruising for a while based on your join date. Sorry if this sounds too basic but ......If you have internet access, take a look at flights that meet your routing and schedule needs. I use ITA for a quick look. Here's the link:

http://matrix.itasoftware.com/

There are a ton of airline search engines on the web. Guess what? Almost all of them use ITA software (now owned by Googe). This is the raw product. No ads!

Then, after I've found a fare and routing I like, I go to the airline web site and purchase the tickets using the flight numbers in the routing details. I can almost guarantee you that you'll find a better fare and routing that meets your needs than Celebrity Air. Not to knock Celebrity. Great cruise line and you are going to love Azamara.

Don't travel to Barcelona without spending a day or two there. Get Rick Steve's Travel Guides and read up on the city and it's sights. There will be tips on accomodations. Then go to the Cruise Critic Message board and look for a thread discussing accomodations in Bacelona (Will be in ports of call > Europe). Armed with that info choose a hotel to stay in ...... Celebrity pre-cruise packages are notoriously over-priced. Nice hotels but WAY too expensive. There are tons of reasonable options.

Ease your mind about boarding by again scanniong the boards or if you don't see what your looking for, post a message asking about boarding. There are no stupid questions and lots of nice folks that will help you out just ignore snarky comments. Everyone has had a first time.

The motto is 3 part. 1) Alway fly in at least one day in advance. For Europe, maybe 2 or 3 days. 2) Don't use cruise line air. It is rarely the best deal. 3) Don't use cruise line hotels or transfers. You have a better chance of winning the lottery than getting a good deal on cruise line transfers and hotels.

In all the cases where I used cruise air to Europe it was the best fair by far.

Example, we are going to China with Viking and the cruise air is an added $900 from LA to Shanghai to then back from Beijing. Bet you cannot find airfare close to that on your own. Arrive in Shanghai on Aug 15 and back on Aug 31 this year.

I have also used Azamara air and could not get airfare cheaper when flying to Barcelona and return from Copenhagen to and from LAX.

These blanket statements where you can always do better are false. Why don’t you find be cheaper air for China.

Example, we are going to China with Viking and the cruise air is an added $900 from LA to Shanghai to then back from Beijing. Bet you cannot find airfare close to that on your own. Arrive in Shanghai on Aug 15 and back on Aug 31 this year.

I have also used Azamara air and could not get airfare cheaper when flying to Barcelona and return from Copenhagen to and from LAX.

These blanket statements where you can always do better are false. Why don’t you find be cheaper air for China.

Cost is not the only factor. Convinence is also an important factor. Being able to go in days in advance, if you chose. Timely and appropriate departure and arrival times, as well as connections. Having a reasonable chance to get issues resolved if there are problems. Consolidator airfares are usually the lowest priority for getting resolution.

It isn't all about money. There is much more to comfortable travel than just cost. You will also note I said "rarely", not "always" when it came to airfare.

Thank you all, we've cruised for many years, done our own airfare and I think now that we've been with Azamara twice before, we know that they are a first class line and we are placing our faith in them. Yes, the airfare we received with our cruise cannot be beat, and we are hoping and praying that we won't encounter any problems, but then we have insurance that might help out if we do. Thanks again for all your input. We have an overnight in Barcelona and plan to enjoy all the beauty of being in that city.

Having stayed at the Pulitzer in Barcelona on 2008, our rooms were about $225.00 a night. But a great location, first class hotel.

Major cities in Europe, hotel rooms are expensive especially if you are staying over a weekend.

Have a wonderful cruise and you will love Barcelona.

we know that they are a first class line and we are placing our faith in them.
Faith belongs in your heart....preparedness belongs on your travel checklist. Personally, I'd like more assurance than "faith".
Yes, the airfare we received with our cruise cannot be beat, and we are hoping and praying that we won't encounter any problems, but then we have insurance that might help out if we do.
Do you know what you are buying with your cruiseline air? Are you willing to accept that for the lower price? And do you know what your "insurance" will or will not cover? I "hope and pray" that you have done your research.

China Eastern for your date-$974 AA nonstop-$1084 Cathay-one stop HKG (one of the best airlines in the world)-$1136. ALL published fare tickets without the severe restrictions of cruise line purchased cheapos. And if you go into one of the Chinese travel agencies in Chinatown, Monterrey Park, San Gabriel or Alhambra, you can easily knock $100 off those prices and STILL purchase published fare tickets without the severe restrictions. There is a very good one just off the corner of Atlantic and Garvey in the strip mall.

As CruiserBruce pointed out, there is a heck of a lot more to an airline ticket than just the price.

China in late August is NOT a big seller for vacations-hot and miserably humid. Hope you are prepared. I will take 120 in the deserts of the Middle East over 90 in Beijing or Saigon with 75% humidity and so much smog you can't see across the street from a 16th floor highrise and your eyes burn. This from someone who was born and raised in Los Angeles.

China Eastern for your date-$974 AA nonstop-$1084 Cathay-one stop HKG (one of the best airlines in the world)-$1136. ALL published fare tickets without the severe restrictions of cruise line purchased cheapos. And if you go into one of the Chinese travel agencies in Chinatown, Monterrey Park, San Gabriel or Alhambra, you can easily knock $100 off those prices and STILL purchase published fare tickets without the severe restrictions.

As CruiserBruce pointed out, there is a heck of a lot more to an airline ticket than just the price.

China in late August is NOT a big seller for vacations-hot and miserably humid. Hope you are prepared. I will take 120 in the deserts of the Middle East over 90 in Beijing or Saigon with 75% humidity and so much smog you can't see across the street from a 16th floor highrise and your eyes burn. This from someone who was born and raised in Los Angeles.

Still not cheaper then what I am getting.

I think your fares are for round trip to either Beijing or Shanghai and not going to one end return from the other.

I cannot find your AA fare for going to Shanghai to return from Beijing.

Agree with everyone's advice. Have decided to make a change and use choice air, giving us day early option and booking our own hotel before cruise. Of course there are always risks in any decision when traveling or life in general. I guess, just have to keep a little faith, hope and prayer in our hearts and on our checklist as well.

Still not cheaper then what I am getting.
This is the price I found on the Viking website-SPECIAL AIR BROCHURE FARE SPECIAL AIR 2-FOR-1 AIR FROM: Los Angeles, Portland, San Francisco, Seattle $997

I think your fares are for round trip to either Beijing or Shanghai and not going to one end return from the other.

WRONG-open jaw into PVG and out of PEK.

I cannot find your AA fare for going to Shanghai to return from Beijing.

Did you bother to check the box on AA including OneWorld flights? Probably not. And you have to search by schedule and pick SPECIFIC flights, not just put in the multi city LAX/PVG and return PEK/LAX.

On a PUBLICLY available website-ITA (no fee or no authorization/login), the AA flight prices out $52 higher. But it is listed in EF and SABRE at $52.00 cheaper.

Just trying to figure this out. You posted in another thread you had flown 1000 flights. You certainly should have status on some airline (or maybe most of them were shorthaul WN flights). And you certainly should know your way around the airlines and airline parameters much more than you do (or you would have been able to find the AA flight).

You certainly ARE NOT comparing apples to apples. ANY of the Viking cruises in August 2012 or 2013 are really a cruise tour with hotels and flights intra China included. So MUCH MORE than just buying cruise air and a totally different premise.

Better check if that air is good IF you do not go on the cruise tour. Most aren't, as they are booked under vacation package/cruise package fare codes. Don't go on the cruise, you CANNOT use the air for a land trip. THEM's the rules. Water level too low in the Yangtze for the ship to cruise (and it often is during your dates), you WILL NOT be able to fly to China and see something. You will totally have to reschedule your trip. And that situation is a REAL possibility this year as the drought continues. Better be doing all the rain dances you can.

http://www.yangtzebusinessservices.com/news/2012/01/11/poyang-lake-water-level-hits-record-low

Agree with everyone's advice. Have decided to make a change and use choice air, giving us day early option and booking our own hotel before cruise. Of course there are always risks in any decision when traveling or life in general. I guess, just have to keep a little faith, hope and prayer in our hearts and on our checklist as well.

You can't agree too much with everyone's advice because MOST suggested you NOT use Choice Air. You are NOT buying the same tickets from Choice Air as you would get from the airlines if you pick the cheapest.

Maybe some of us can offer suggestions for your air with FULL PROTECTIONS from the airline on PUBLISHED FARE tickets if you post dates.

Maybe some of us can offer suggestions for your air with FULL PROTECTIONS from the airline on PUBLISHED FARE tickets if you post dates.

The OP's dates appear to be October 6-16 (at least those are the cruise dates). It's round trip Barcelona. The OP's origin appears to be "The Woodlands," TX.

The OP's dates appear to be October 6-16 (at least those are the cruise dates). It's round trip Barcelona. The OP's origin appears to be "The Woodlands," TX.

Thanks

The only thing I can see on Choice Air are Air France and Delta flights for that cruise for about $1100. Connections through CDG or ATL.

While poking around, I did find this which confirms that the tickets offered by Choice Air for the OP's cruise will be NO GOOD (non endorsable) on another airline:

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

OP-what this means: IF there is a glitch, you CANNOT use your ticket on BA, AA, CO, Iberia, Luthansa, Swiss, UA, US, etc. etc. etc (there are a LOT of airlines your ticket is no good on-basically only Delta and Air France).

Both flights offered on Choice Air have a connection, one in the US (Delta) and one at Charles DeGaulle (Air France). Get into Atlanta too late to connect, you will miss your cruise if you fly the day of. You WILL NOT be placed on another airline. And the chance of missing the connection at CDG is VERY, VERY high going to the cruise-just slightly over an hour.

Other than the fact that I am a very loyal OneWorld flier, I would probably pick this flight. The only downside is the 6 hour layover in Toronto. But otherwise, perfect timing for your cruise, PLENTY of time to connect both ways, PUBLISHED FARE ticket without the severe restrictions of the Choice Air ticket so you will be protected in case of glitches and price is only $84.00 more than the Choice Air ticket. And after some more poking around, the CHEAPEST of the Choice Air tickets for your cruise are SOLD OUT in certain segments, so you will pay at least $1102.30. The price difference in the Choice Air heavily restricted flight and the published fare Air Canada flight is becoming smaller and smaller. The difference is NOT a lot to pay for a whole lot of protection.

Itinerary

Houston (IAH) to Barcelona (BCN) - Thu, Oct 4

Air Canada Houston (IAH) to Toronto (YYZ) - Thu, Oct 4

Air Canada 8108 Dep: 7:40AM Arr: 11:38AM 2h 58m Canadair RJ 705 Economy (S)

OPERATED BY AIR CANADA EXPRESS - JAZZ Layover in YYZ 6h 17m

Air Canada Toronto (YYZ) to Barcelona (BCN) - Thu, Oct 4

Air Canada 814 Dep: 5:55PM Arr: 7:35AM 7h 40m Boeing 767 Economy (S)

Fri, Oct 5

Barcelona (BCN) to Houston (IAH) - Tue, Oct 16

Air Canada Barcelona (BCN) to Toronto (YYZ) - Tue, Oct 16

Air Canada 815 Dep: 11:55AM Arr: 2:50PM 8h 55m Boeing 767 Economy (S)

Layover in YYZ 1h 30m

Air Canada Toronto (YYZ) to Houston (IAH) - Tue, Oct 16

Air Canada 8111 Dep: 4:20PM Arr: 6:42PM 3h 22m Canadair RJ 705 Economy (S)

OPERATED BY AIR CANADA EXPRESS - JAZZ

Cost per passenger (including taxes & fees) $1,159.10

Total cost for 1 passenger $1,159.10

Your info is wonderful. You have helped immensely. We'll be booking our own flights with Air Canada, going in a day early, and feeling comfortable with the good layover times. Thank you so very much for your advice and alerting us to possible problems with choice air.

This is the price I found on the Viking website-SPECIAL AIR BROCHURE FARE SPECIAL AIR 2-FOR-1 AIR FROM: Los Angeles, Portland, San Francisco, Seattle $997

What does that have to do with my $897 fair I got by booking over a year ago? I also have the cruise fare at $1000 less then the current price.

So, you have not found a fair less than $897. Just admit it.

Just trying to figure this out. You posted in another thread you had flown 1000 flights. You certainly should have status on some airline (or maybe most of them were shorthaul WN flights). And you certainly should know your way around the airlines and airline parameters much more than you do (or you would have been able to find the AA flight).

Before I retired eight years ago, I made at least one round trip a week for over tens years. In case you cannot do the math, right there is over 1000 one way flights. The only trhing I have leaft is 150,000 non expiring miles on AA and 100,000 Starwood points. And, these were almost all done with the in-house travel agent. So, explain why I would make my own flight arrangements? And also explain how ten years ago we had access to as much flight information online.

You certainly ARE NOT comparing apples to apples. ANY of the Viking cruises in August 2012 or 2013 are really a cruise tour with hotels and flights intra China included. So MUCH MORE than just buying cruise air and a totally different premise.

What does this have to do with air being charged as a separate line item on the invoice? The sir has nothing to do with the cost without air. Seems you need to learn more about what is included and not included.

What I do get in addition with my $897 air fare is included transportation to and from the airport and you have not figured that in you cost of your air that is more than $897.

Better check if that air is good IF you do not go on the cruise tour. Most aren't, as they are booked under vacation package/cruise package fare codes. Don't go on the cruise, you CANNOT use the air for a land trip. THEM's the rules.

You seem to know very little about river cursing. What you saying is not true. Again, I guess you don't go on many river cruises. THEM’s not the rule when you use cruise air. You are saying that you eat the air cost if you get air through the cruise line and you decide to fly but not cruise that you will be able to fly? You seem to talk a better line then you know for a fact. Why don’t you provide a link that states THEM rule for a river cruise company. Now I don’t see why I would do this in the first place.

Water level too low in the Yangtze for the ship to cruise (and it often is during your dates), you WILL NOT be able to fly to China and see something. You will totally have to reschedule your trip. And that situation is a REAL possibility this year as the drought continues. Better be doing all the rain dances you can.

http://www.yangtzebusinessservices.com/news/2012/01/11/poyang-lake-water-level-hits-record-low

So as a last resort you need to try to ruin my upcoming vacation. Just because you disagree with me that sometimes the air associated with a cruise (especially when international and multiply cities is involved) is the best deal you need to try some cheap shot about how the river will dry up. And I do research and know it is hot in August, but my wife’s 71 birthday is during the trip and that is one of the reasons for August. Also, it was the cheapest time and I don't mind heat.

I asked you before give me your first hand experience where you used cruise air and got screwed. All you seem to have is maybe same forth hand examples. You do know that the vast majority 99% plus of people that use cruise air do not get screwed and get to ship on time. I can give you two more instances (first hand) where having cruise air paid off and those that didn’t got screwed. Plus in both cases could not get flights for less, especially a 16 day AZAMARA CRUISE on the Journey in 2008 2A - Balcony for $3,265.19 all taxes and fees including air from LAX to Barcelona and back from Copenhagen. If I remember courtly the added air was $300 over the cruise without air. The ship was 6 hours late into Copenhagen and all the people with cruise air had their flights changed by Azamara were as all others got $150 and had to make their own changes. In this case the cruise air people got all the priority. Another was a Panama canal cruise with Princess where the only figlts I could find that where $10 cheapter were to change plnes in Mexico city where as with Princess air

Again, keep in mind that I would not use cruise air within the USA. And I don’t know about using cruise air except through LAX so I don’t need to make connects from small to large airport.

What does that have to do with my $897 fair I got by booking over a year ago? I also have the cruise fare at $1000 less then the current price.

So, you have not found a fair less than $897. Just admit it.

Before I retired eight years ago, I made at least one round trip a week for over tens years. In case you cannot do the math, right there is over 1000 one way flights. The only trhing I have leaft is 150,000 non expiring miles on AA and 100,000 Starwood points. And, these were almost all done with the in-house travel agent. So, explain why I would make my own flight arrangements? And also explain how ten years ago we had access to as much flight information online.

What does this have to do with air being charged as a separate line item on the invoice? The sir has nothing to do with the cost without air. Seems you need to learn more about what is included and not included.

What I do get in addition with my $897 air fare is included transportation to and from the airport and you have not figured that in you cost of your air that is more than $897.

You seem to know very little about river cursing. What you saying is not true. Again, I guess you don't go on many river cruises. THEM’s not the rule when you use cruise air. You are saying that you eat the air cost if you get air through the cruise line and you decide to fly but not cruise that you will be able to fly? You seem to talk a better line then you know for a fact. Why don’t you provide a link that states THEM rule for a river cruise company. Now I don’t see why I would do this in the first place.

So as a last resort you need to try to ruin my upcoming vacation. Just because you disagree with me that sometimes the air associated with a cruise (especially when international and multiply cities is involved) is the best deal you need to try some cheap shot about how the river will dry up. And I do research and know it is hot in August, but my wife’s 71 birthday is during the trip and that is one of the reasons for August. Also, it was the cheapest time and I don't mind heat.

I asked you before give me your first hand experience where you used cruise air and got screwed. All you seem to have is maybe same forth hand examples. You do know that the vast majority 99% plus of people that use cruise air do not get screwed and get to ship on time. I can give you two more instances (first hand) where having cruise air paid off and those that didn’t got screwed. Plus in both cases could not get flights for less, especially a 16 day AZAMARA CRUISE on the Journey in 2008 2A - Balcony for $3,265.19 all taxes and fees including air from LAX to Barcelona and back from Copenhagen. If I remember courtly the added air was $300 over the cruise without air. The ship was 6 hours late into Copenhagen and all the people with cruise air had their flights changed by Azamara were as all others got $150 and had to make their own changes. In this case the cruise air people got all the priority. Another was a Panama canal cruise with Princess where the only figlts I could find that where $10 cheapter were to change plnes in Mexico city where as with Princess air

Again, keep in mind that I would not use cruise air within the USA. And I don’t know about using cruise air except through LAX so I don’t need to make connects from small to large airport.

Wow, somebody sure has a bee in his bonnet! :rolleyes:

Pardon me, greatam, while I take a crack at some of this:

What does that have to do with my $897 fair I got by booking over a year ago? I also have the cruise fare at $1000 less then the current price. So, you have not found a fair less than $897. Just admit it.
I haven't researched the specifics, but you demonstrate that you are more concerned about bottom line pricing than the value you get for your purchase. And, BTW, it is "fare", not "fair".
Before I retired eight years ago, I made at least one round trip a week for over tens years. In case you cannot do the math, right there is over 1000 one way flights. The only trhing I have leaft is 150,000 non expiring miles on AA and 100,000 Starwood points. And, these were almost all done with the in-house travel agent. So, explain why I would make my own flight arrangements?
You obviously worked for a company that had its own staff of trained travel professionals. If you had those again, it would alleviate the need to do it yourself. I was at a similar company, used that as a tool to learn the biz myself, and now am as least as good as the order takers that are often known as "travel agents".
And also explain how ten years ago we had access to as much flight information online.
Eaasy SABRE. 'Nuff said for anyone who used it (and laments its passing).
Many many companies shift pricing between line items, since it's the combined number that eventually gets to the company. Does anyone really think that "Free Air" isn't somehow bundled into the cost? Same with air that is a separate line item. Variances are surely made up on other items.
So as a last resort you need to try to ruin my upcoming vacation. Just because you disagree with me that sometimes the air associated with a cruise (especially when international and multiply cities is involved) is the best deal you need to try some cheap shot about how the river will dry up.
If a posting on an internet forum will ruin your vacation....
And I do research and know it is hot in August, but my wife’s 71 birthday is during the trip and that is one of the reasons for August. Also, it was the cheapest time and I don't mind heat.
Once again, cheap rears its head.
I asked you before give me your first hand experience where you used cruise air and got screwed. All you seem to have is maybe same forth hand examples.
My experiences are also not first hand, but perhaps not as removed as "fourth" hand. Want to know the reason why I don't have first hand experience in getting screwed by cruise air? Because I don't let myself get caught in that position in the first place. Think about it folks....I'm smart enough to avoid a problem, but then get chastised because I didn't allow it to happen to me. I guess only those who have suffered directly can speak to a subject. Imagine what that would do to the topic of murder.
You do know that the vast majority 99% plus of people that use cruise air do not get screwed and get to ship on time.
That is possibly true, with only the percentage being a point of question. But that's just the point. Not all cases don't get screwed. Which means some do.

I don't get a moment's lost sleep over what a person chooses for themselves. That's what the marketplace and free will is all about. What I do get concerned with is misinformation, misrepresentation and ignorance about exactly what someone is buying. I present the information and leave it to the individual to make their own risk tolerance decision.

Thank you for your first admission on the non-universality of your advice.

Your info is wonderful. You have helped immensely. We'll be booking our own flights with Air Canada, going in a day early, and feeling comfortable with the good layover times. Thank you so very much for your advice and alerting us to possible problems with choice air.

So glad you made this choice. Greatam does a good job of pointing out the risks of Cruise Air options. Yes, Cruise Air offers competitive fares but the devil's in the details .... generally unknown to the average traveler.

The fare codes are tricky business. Always know what you are purchasing and even when you know your fare codes for your particular flight/airline, interpreting them without having the current information on what is intended by the code can lead you astray. Each airline uses different fare codes adding to the utter confusion. Here's a neat site: http://cwsi.net/

Here's another useful link: http://www.farecompare.com/products/fare-display/index.html

I for one have the utmost respect for the advice that Greatam offers here. When she speaks, I listen! I am sure that I read every post that she made prior to my South American cruise. She has the personal experience there and in the Middle East that she tries to convey to the rest of us unwashed. Hope that she never stops educating us!:)

Archived